TWENTY

Until I Met You

 

 

I had changed into a new suit. Black and slim with a black shirt and black tie. My favorite color.

"Why did Ji Hoon get angry with you?" Tae Hee was drinking with me in Ji Hoon's office. "You must've said something that really upset him"

"Nothing important." he smiled. "That husband of yours does have a temper though" 

 

"Ugh, tell me about it. He is so cold to me. I can't stand him most of the time." she crossed her legs, showing off her leg to me. 

I smirked.

 

"Must be difficult living with a man like that.." 

"It is. But I've gotten use to it. He spends more time at the company anyway.." she sighed. I got the hint. She wanted me to play along with her little game. I had seen it a billon times with the women I had been with. 

She stood up. She loved playing the victim. 

Tae Hee walked over to the window and surly I followed. I grabbed on to her waist. 

"That's a shame…I bet you miss this.." I kissed her neck. My hands slid all the way up to her shoulders. She wasn't hard to convince. I closed my eyes. If I knew this would hurt Ji Hoon I would of done it..but he didn't care about her. I knew exactly why he didn't love Tae Hee. He was still in love with Ha Na. 

 

She turned around and kissed me on the lips lustfully. She was so desperate. I couldn't even close my eyes and pretend it was Ha Na. The way she threw herself at me…it wasn't even turing me on. It was a shame. I pushed her away. "What's wrong?" she asked. 

I couldn't keep being like this. I couldn't keep playing this game anymore. 

"I'm sorry Tae Hee-ssi. I have to go." I made my way out of the room. 

____

JUNG RIAN

 

Why was he taking so long?

What could he possibly be doing? 

Could he still be in Ji Hoon's office? 

It was all too weird. It had been half and hour since he had been gone. 

"Where is he?" I asked Byunghee discreetly. He told me he didn't know. "I see.." I waited until he left me then I went upstairs to check for myself. As I walked I wondered if something had happened to him. He was walking towards me. His face was all confusion. I hid before he saw me. He was coming from Ji Hoon's office. His clothes were differnt from the ones he was wearing when the event began. 

He suddenly stopped and leaned on the wall beside him. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "Just what the is wrong with me" he whispered. He was close enough that I could hear. 

"Changsun-ssi!"

It was Tae Hee. She ran to Joon and she came from Ji Hoon's office. Were they both inside Ji Hoon's office? 

"Tae Hee-ssi please...I am sorry..just forget about--" He tried to say but Tae Hee interupted him. There was nothing but silence. When I turned to peek at the scene my heart hurt. Tae Hee grabbed him by his shoulders and kissed him. Joon just stood there. He...just let her...

Ofcourse, Joon didn't let an opportunity slide. His entire life had always been women. He loved women. I was just another one to him. 

I was nothing special to him. How much could I have meant to him if he was kissing her? She wasn't just any women...she was Ji Hoon's wife...not even that kept him away. No, ofcourse it didn't keep him away. I was by Ji Hoon and not even that grossed him out...not only that but he had the nerve to have with other women while I was pregnant with our son.

My hands formed into fists. 

Lee Joon...you are a digusting pig..

You will never learn. 

You even came to this event with Rin...

I wiped my tears and surley enough, Byunghee was just around the corner calling my name. "My Lady...is that you?" 

"Yes, let's get out of here" I took his hand and got out of there as soon as we could without getting seen. "What's going on?" he asked. 

"I'm sorry Byunghee..i just..." I thought about my words. I knew Byunghee would get angry if I told him. He didn't like Joon at all. I decided to stay quiet. I knew he would turn around and try to fight him. He was that type of person, especially if it involved Yi Ryeong or me. He was very protective of us. 

"Why were you crying? Is there something you are hiding from me?" he questioned. "No, ofcourse not." I smiled. I changed the subject."It's almost time for Joon's performance." 

He nodded. We quickly went to the Grand Room.

"How do you think Lee Joon is going to react to what you have planned?" he asked me. 

"Like he always does...truth is I want to push him. I want him to come at me like he means it. 

It's about time he did something, right? He claims to be so high and mighty. He speaks of revenge...how he is going to destroy everyone...I want to some see action. I want to test Joon for all he is worth. I am going to push him until he reveals to me how strong his pride really is and to what great lengths he would do to defend his name. It shouldn't be that hard, right? After all, i am just a women. The poor girl he tossed away like trash."

"Did he really hurt you that much?" Byunghee's eyes softened. I closed my eyes and thought about my life before I met Joon. I couldn't. My entire life began when I met Joon...and ended when he tried to kill me. Maybe it was the trauma that made some parts of my life a blur, but I remember perfectly every second I lived with Joon. It was the only thing I could remember. I would have endless nightmares of that night...I was scared to sleep. Lee Joon had ruined my life. 

 

KIM CHANGSUN 

 

 

"I hate him so much…" she cried. I watched Ha Na tearing up in front of that guy. "Byunghee-yah…I want to kill him with my own hands" 

What? 

Is she talking about me?

My eyes got teary. Now I knew. Ofcourse she was talking about me. Looking at her crying, made my chest hurt. Who else made her cry if not me?

"I would kill him for you My Lady..I would do that if it made you stop crying" 

I had no idea who that man was to Ha Na, but I had no right to even feel jealous. I didn't have the right to feel anything. 

"That would be too easy" she said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I want him to suffer. I want him to feel the pain I felt…

In the end, I will kill him. But only after I am satisfied that he has suffered enough." 

My eyes widened. Was this really Ha Na? 

"He took what really mattered to me. My son…I will never forgive him for that." 

Leo? 

"Even if I have to spend the rest of my life in prison, it will all be worth it…I want to see that son of a beg me to spare his life. But I won't...I will avenge my son." 

"Is that what will make you happy?" Byunghee asked her. 

"Happy? I don't get to be happy Byunghee. My happiness was taken 5 years ago. I will never be able to feel what that's like." 

This was how she felt? Did I turn her into this? 

The guilt was eating me inside out. How did this happen to the women I love? To the innocent girl I knew 5 years ago?

I created a monster. 

I walked away from there. 

How did I think a simple order to destroy an unborn fetus was going to result into this?

Ha Na hated me to the point she wanted to kill me. I did this to myself…

This was far worst than turing myself in back then or killing myself. Yoon Jae saved me for my punishment. For the real thing. 

I deserved it. 

Even if Ha Na stabbed a knife through my heart, that wouldn't be enough. She had the right to torture me and eventually murder me. I would let her. It was what I deserved.  

The way I lived my life…there was a conceuence for every action. 

It was just a matter of time. 

Is that why I met her? 

So that one day she would be the one to make me pay for every wrong in my life?