FIFTY FIVE

Until I Met You

 

 

 

 

 

____________

 

 

 

Ji Hoon rushed into the hospital. 

"Where is she?" he was impatiently asking the receptionist. "Where is Choi Ha Na?" 

 

When the receptionist gave him her room number he practically ran upstairs. 

He saw SeungHo standing outside of her room. Yoon Ji was sitting on the floor. 

 

"Is this Choi Ha Na's room??" Ji Hoon asked SeungHo. 

Seungho nodded. "Who are you?" 

 

"Lee Ji Hoon. Ha Na's fiancé. Is she alright? What happened to her???" 

 

Yoon Ji stood up when Ji Hoon introduced himself as Ha Na's fiance. She eyed him carefully. 

 

Seungho was shocked to hear the news too. "She was at a dance club…"

"What was she doing there?!" 

 

"I'm not sure. My girlfriend and I saw her and began to talk to her," SeungHo and Yoon Ji glanced at each other, nervously. "Then she ran into an old boyfriend…" 

 

Ji Hoon's eyes widened. 

Only one name came to mind.

 

"Lee Joon." Yoon Ji blurted out. "That was his name." 

Ji Hoon only confirmed it. 

 

"She ran into Joon" Ji Hoon's fists tightened. He felt his blood boil. That guy….was he responsible for why Ha Na was in here?

 

"Do you know him?" Yoon Ji asked.

He nodded. "He is my younger brother." 

 

Both SeungHo and Yoon Ji gasped. 

 

"Thank you for bringing Ha Na here. You may leave now." Ji Hoon bowed. 

"But--" Seungho did not want to leave but Ji Hoon interrupted. "I will let you know what happens as soon as Ha Na wakes up. Don't worry." 

 

Yoon Ji pulled Seungho away and both made their way out of the hospital.

"Lee Ji Hoon…Ha Na's fiancé?" SeungHo whispered to himself. 

"Lee Ji Hoon is a very famous musician in Korea. You must not know him because you were away for a while. I can't believe Ha Na is engaged to him…" Yoon Ji said.

 

"What about the guy from the club? What the hell is he?" 

 

Yoon Ji sighed. "I'm not sure. But Lee Ji Hoon said he was his dongsaeng…

Could it be that she was dating both of them??"

 

___________

 

 

 

Ji Hoon walked into Ha Na's room. She was lying on the bed, asleep. 

He sat next to the bed and held her hand. 

 

"Is this what you wanted?" Ji Hoon quickly turned and saw Joon standing right by the door. 

 

"What are you doing here???" Ji Hoon was trying not to be loud. 

 

"Your plan…was to her. Get her pregnant so I wouldn't want her anymore. The little happiness I had, you took it away. Like everything in my life that I had…

Are you happy now?" 

 

"Joon…believe me, I regret it all. I wish I could go back in time and do it over"

 

"Go back in time? You regret it? There is no sense of saying such things now." Joon walked to the other side of Ha Na's bed. He stared at her face. Then his eyes moved down to her stomach. "She believes that baby is mine." 

 

Ji Hoon stayed silent. 

"How dare she say something like that…" Joon's intense stare did not move for a second. 

 

 

"She loves you…that's why she wants to believe with all her heart that it's yours."

 

 

"I can't accept it."

 

"Joon wae!? Can't you see it's kiiling Ha Na!"

 

"What about me?! What if I do accept it and go back to the way we once where? If I raise it and in the future I find out it's your bastard child…I will kill him. I'll kill Ha Na and myself. I will never forgive myself for raising your kid! Don't you get it? I want to destroy you…I HATE you with everything in me. There is no way I will risk it." 

 

Ji Hoon grabbed Joon and punched him. 

"You are really beyond the point of saving. You won't change…"

 

"Who says I want to change?!."  

 

"I thought you loved Ha Na…" 

"I did. I'd never cared about someone like that since mother was alive. But you ruined it.." Joon glared at Ji Hoon. It was creepy. The heavy eyeliner he wore made his stare so intense and it gave Ji Hoon the chills. 

 

 

"Ji Hoon-ssi…can you please come out for a minute? I need to talk to you about Miss Choi's condition." the doctor came into the room. Ji Hoon was skeptical about leaving Ha Na alone with him but finally nodded and left Ha Na with Joon. 

 

When Ji Hoon was gone, Joon sat down on the chair next to her bed and began to caress her hair. He missed her so much. Touching her…kissing her…

"Why can't I ever have something to myself? Something that makes me…happy..?" 

Joon said to himself. 

"Father…never loved me. My mother left too soon…

I was alone for so long. That warmth that Ji Hoon received, I wanted it. 

I wanted it more than anything in the world. It wasn't until I met you that I felt was it was like to be embraced with love. 

You were someone I wanted to protect with my life. An innocent and gullible girl like yourself doesn't know the pain of living in this ed up world. Nobody could protect you like I can." Joon her cheek with his thumb softly. 

"You don't understand the hatred I have towards Lee Ji Hoon, Boosung and Lee Min Jae. You wouldn't understand why I choose the path of revenge instead of you, Ha Na. 

I can't stand the part of that blood is growing inside of you. 

Forgive me for being like this but as much as I think about it, I can't accept it." 

 

I can't be at peace until I accomplish my goals…"

 

Joon moved closer to Ha Na. "Forgive me for what's to come. Forgive me if I ruin you in the process of destroying Ji Hoon. Remember you chose this path…you chose your destiny Choi Ha Na…

Even so, it doesn't change what I feel for you. Never will I love a women as much as I have loved you." 

 

He took the back of her head and lifted it close to his lips. He kissed her forehead with the most meaningful kiss he had ever given her and moved down to her lips. 

"I love you Ha Na…

His lips moved on their own. He kissed her on the lips. A tear came down from his eye and spilled on her face. 

 

****

 

Joon shut the door behind him and walked out of the hospital. 

 

His phone suddenly rang. 

"What" he answered rudely. 

A voice he wasn't expecting to hear answered. "Joon-ah..it's your father." 

Joon sighed. "How many times must I tell you that you aren't my father"

 

"Anyway, I need you to meet me now. It's important." Yoon Jae said.

"Tell me now." Joon insisted. The last thing he wanted right now was see anyone. 

 

"Meet me in front of your house in fifteen minutes."

"Who do you think you are to tell me what to do--" Joon paused when he noticed Yoon Jae had already hung up on him. "Yah!" he yelled at his phone. "Aiishh.." 

 

 

____

 

YOON JAE: 

 

"Who do you think you are to tell me what to do!?" 

Joon yelled at me through the phone. Before he could reject my offer I hung up.

"That boy…I wonder who he took after with that temper" he laughed. "It was defiantly not Young Rang-ah…he is nothing like his mother…" Yoon Jae smiled to himself. 

 

_____

 

JOON:

 

"What the hell does he want?" I stood outside of my building waiting for Yoon Jae. 

Five minutes later he saw Yoon Jae's car pull up in front of him. His driver got off and went around to open the door for Yoon Jae. 

 

 

So much luxury. I knew my life would be different if I went with him back then. I wouldn't have turned out like this.

 The difference between Yoon Jae and Min Jae were that Yoon Jae did love my mother. Therefore he would of loved me too. 

I couldn't understand why this man didn't try to take me with him before…

 

"Joon-ah." Yoon Jae approached me. 

"Making me wait this long. Let's make this quick, I have somewhere to be." I lied. 

Yoon Jae nodded and dismissed his driver. 

 

"Aren't you going to invite me in for a drink?" Yoon Jae lifted a brow. I smirked. I  made his way inside first. 

Yoon Jae followed me close behind. 

 

Once we were inside my apartment, Yoon Jae didn't hesitate to make himself comfortable. 

 

"Isn;t there something you want to tell me?" I handed him a glass of wine. 

He nodded and took a sip. 

"I read the paper a few days ago. The girl in the picture, isn't it your girl?" 

My jaw tightened.

 

"Care to explain to me why she is engaged to Ji Hoon??" 

 

"I don't know what got into that head of yours but you aren't my father. I don't have to tell you anything. If that's what you came for, you can go back the way you came in." I stood up.

 

"When are you going to stop allowing Ji Hoon take everything that belongs to you?" 

 

I stopped. I turned and looked down at him sitting on the couch. 

"You seem so high and mighty. Intimidating and strong. You look down at everyone. You believe everyone is inferior to you. Your name gives you a lot of power…but apparently that is not enough. You feel like he is superior to you…much greater than you. You aren't even a match to him and that drives you crazy. That's why you allow him to step all over you."

 

"Shut up."

 

 

 

 

"Enough with that Joon. Don't let him get away with it this time!" Yoon Jae stood up and grabbed Joon's shoulders.

"He already has. And do you know why? Because I failed to protect Ha Na. That son of a bastard my Ha Na. While I was here, Ji Hoon was hurting her over and over. The person I cared about the most almost died…because of me. I should of never dragged her into this…" Joon had no energy to argue with his father. He saw no point to it. Why defend himself? In the end it was all his fault, he thought.

 

Yoon Jae was surprised to hear Joon talk like this. His son's pride was above all and now…he was like this. 

Ji Hoon had really tore him apart. 

 

Yoon Jae couldn't allow this. Seeing his son falling apart like this was killing him. He had made up his mind. 

"Joon-ah. Come with me to Japan." 

 

Joon furrowed his eyebrows. "Japan?" 

 

"Yes. I know your objective is to bring Boosung down and Ji Hoon along with it." 

 

"Yeah…so? What does that have to do with me going to Japan with you?" 

 

"I too have my hatred towards Boosung and Lee Min Jae. I have to make him pay for what he made my beloved Young Rang go through. He has to pay for his sins….help me Joon-ah. For your mother…we can do it together." 

 

Joon laughed lightly. "Help you? What have you done to deserve my help?

 I want to bring down Boosung and that bastard by myself." Joon was back to his stubborn arrogant self.

 

"Still, come to Japan with me! Joon I don;t want to leave you here by yourself! You have nothing here…! How are you going to accomplish anything if you have nothing to start with!?" 

 

"What would you offer me?" 

 

"You would become my heir. The next president of Glory." 

 

"Huh. What about your other son? Isn't he your heir?" Joon raised a brow. 

"Ren has no intention of taking over my company." Yoon Jae reassured. 

 

"I see. The whole world knows me as Lee Min Jae's son. I doubt you would risk your company to explain what really happened to everyone…That Lee Young Rang cheated on her husband, one of the world's famous musician Lee Min Jae with you, a poor commoner and that you had a baby with her." Joon added, "Oh! Ofcourse how could I forget the best part? How you abandoned that poor helpless kid, who unfortunately ended up being Lee Joon? Years later the poor commoner named forgotten son his heir." he laughed. 

"It would defiantley give people something to talk about now, wouldn't it? Is that what you want? People to pay attention to Glory? I guess it could be a good and bad thing for you." 

 

"That is not why I want to name you my heir!" Yoon Jae yelled. "Let me make up for everything I didn't do for you Joon! Even if it's this late in your life. Let me help you with what you want to accomplish so badly. Joon-ah jebal!!" 

 

Joon remained quiet. The offer was indeed very tempting.

 

 

 

HA NA & JIHOON:

 

"Ji…Hoon…ssi…" Ha Na opened her eyes. It was the first time she had woken since she fainted.

Ji Hoon shot up from his sleep and ran besides Ha Na. "Oh god…Ha Na gwenchana? How are you feeling?" 

 

Ha Na took Ji Hoon's hand weakly and squeezed it lightly. "You're here…" she smiled.

 

Ji Hoon kissed her forehead. "Yes Ha Na…I will always be by your side. Mianhae that I wasn't with you when you fainted" 

 

"My baby…how's my baby???" Ha Na propped herself upright on the bed looking concerned. 

"Leo is okay. Don't worry" Ji Hoon smiled and caressed her head.

 

Ha Na sighed of relief.  Small bits and pieces of what happened that night were coming back to her. 

"What happened?"

 

"You don't remember?" Ji Hoon was not surprised. The doctor had warned him that she would not remember a few things. 

"All I remember is seeing Joon at this night club…"

 

"Yes. He must of said something that made you very emotional. It doesn't surprise me a all..

Joon never thinks of how badly he hurts people with his cold words."

 

 

"Anyway, when am I free to go?" Ha Na tried to avoid the subject. She remembered word for word about what Joon had told her. She didn't want to think about it for the sake of her baby. 

 

"Whenever you wake up, the doctor said you'd be ready to come home with me." Ji Hoon smiled. 

 

 

"H-Home with you?" Ha Na blushed.

Ji Hoon raised a brow. "Yes…you are engaged to me Ha Na. It is normal for us to live together. I already cleared it up with halmoni. Plus, I had your stuff moved to my house this afternoon. I need to keep a close watch on you from now on." 

 

Ha Na nodded. 

 

__________________