FOURTY FOUR

Until I Met You

 

I got out of the restaurant and drove around for about an hour. I didn't know where I was headed exactly I just didn't feel like seeing anyone right now. I drove to a secluded area where there was a small creek. I wanted to be alone right now. 

I sat on the hood of my car and stared blankly at the scenery. 

 

What could Kim Yoon Jae possibly be doing at the company? Was he there because Ji Hoon had asked him to be there? 

What did Ji Hoon need from that man?

 

What could he be planning?

 

Would it be to my advantage if I gave Kim Yoon Jae a chance? That would allow me to know everything that I wanted to know about why he was at the company and what Ji Hoon could be up to.

Right?

 

But somehow my pride would not allow me to give in so easily. 

 

"Omma…what should I do?" I said. I was talking to myself at that point but I couldn't help myself. I knew it was pointless. She couldn't even hear me. No matter how loud I yelled she was gone. I had to accept that. She. was. gone.

  It was because of the fact that she let that man into her life that I was in this situation. Why did she have to go so quickly? Wasn't it her responsibility to live and fix this for me? She left everything undone…not to mention leaving me broken in the process.

 

"Kim. Yoon. Jae. 

Your lover…I met him today. You know what's the sad part of it all?

The poor man didn't know how bad his son was living and now he feels bad." I laughed to myself. "Did you really want me to live with Lee Min Jae and Ji Hoon because you thought I would have been better off? You saw how he treated me yet you left me…

…that other kid you had…

did you love her more than I? Why did you leave me there omma..?" my eyes began tearing up. My voice was shaky.

 

"If I would of known about Kim Yoon Jae before…I would of not hated him…I would of been happier…so why"

 

I kept talking to myself. I was going crazy. 

It was so hard for me to understand all of this.

 

My phone rang, bringing me back from my thoughts. I coughed and cleared my throat.

"What" I said annoyed. I didn't even check who was calling me. I jumped a little when Ha Na answered. "Yah~ you sound like you're in a good mood…bastard" she whispered the last part. 

 

It was Ha Na. Her voice was so relaxing to me. It made my body loosen up from the tension that I was feeling just now.

I smiled widely.

I said, "I'm sorry I didn't see it was you. I'll be right over." 

I could hear her pouting. "Fine but hurry up…the food is getting cold" 

She cooked for me??

Without wasting any time, I hurried to Ha Na. How I needed her right now.

 

 

CHOI HA NA POV:

 

"Tck. Leaving like that without even telling me. That idiot bastard son of a-" I stopped when I heard him come in. I dropped everything and went to greet him. 

As soon as he took off his shoes he hugged me. He didn't even give me a chance to talk. 

I tried to push him away but he wouldn't let go. 

"Ha Na…let me hug you." I blushed. What was up with him today?

"Did something happen? Why are you like this?" I asked.

He stayed silent. 

 

"Joon?" 

"I met…my birth father." 

My eyes widened in shock. 

"When??" 

 

"This morning. I went to Boosung." 

my eyebrows furrowed and I made some distance between us. "You what?? Wae??" 

 

"I am not going to let Ji Hoon get away with what he did to you." 

"Joon…let it go. It's over." I let go of him completely and walked to the living room. "I can't believe you went…" I whispered.

I turned around to face him. "What did you do?!" 

 

"Nothing. I didn't have a chance to do anything." 

 

"Joon..just leave it alone. You are just going to anger him more and god knows what he'll do next.." 

 

"I will never let him be."

 

"You have-" 

"Shut up." Joon's eyes became cold and emotionless. They gave me the chills. "It not just about you. You don't get to decide what I'm going to do. You don't know anything so shut up."

 

I clamped my mouth shut. I was surprised that he told me that. He was acting like his old self.

His jaw tightened. He looked annoyed…and upset. Without saying anything else he went upstairs to his room.

 

I screwed up again…

 

 Ha Na you can really be too much sometimes. I thought to myself.

I sighed and decided to go upstairs and see how he was doing. I saw him laying on his bed staring at the ceiling. He didn't even notice me come in. He was in deep though. I suddenly felt bad for what I had done. He wanted to talk about his father and I screwed it up by being selfish.

 

I got closer and closer until I was right at the edge of the bed. He blinked and kept ignoring me. At least he knew I was here now.

 

"I don't want to ruin Ji Hoon and Boosung just for you Ha Na. I have my own issues with Ji Hoon." Joon was the first that spoke. I sighed in relief when he didn't sound mad. 

"I know..and I'm really sorry Joon. I keep being selfish and I only think about myself." I sat on the bed and laid down to stare at the ceiling with Joon. He turned his head to look at me and kissed my cheek. 

"Can I be the selfish one today?" he whispered in my ear. 

I looked at him, confused.

 

"What do you mean?" 

Joon sighed and began to talk. He told me about this morning. How he met his father and what they talked about. How he felt when he first saw him. Also he told me he didn't know what to do. 

 

"So then that man you asked me to help you find a while back, that was your birth father??" 

Joon nodded. "I was trying to find him but just to see how he was doing. What he looked like…part of me wanted to give him hell for leaving me. But ultimately, I wanted to find him to help me get revenge on Boosung. I thought he might know something to bring down Ji Hoon." Joon paused but continued,

"But today, I realized that I can't hate him. He thought I was living well…that and my mother told him to stay away from me. She didn't want me to know about him. 

At the time he was poor…maybe she thought I would be better off living with some rich family." 

Joon laughed lightly. "I would of much rather been poor and happy than rich and miserable." 

 

"Sometimes being poor doesn't guarantee happiness. Poor people need to work twice as hard to live every day…" 

 

"At least you didn't turn out to be a selfish, arrogant prick like me." Joon closed his eyes. 

He was right. Maybe I really didn't know anything about Joon. He had seemed to have gone through a lot. 

 

I cuddled close to him and hugged him tightly. Joon answered to me and hugged me back. 

 

We stayed close to each other for a long time. 

"Joon?" I said. He was probably asleep. 

"Mm?" he was still awake.

 

"What are you going to do about Kim Yoon Jae-ssi?" 

"I won't do anything. He will go back to being the President of his company in Japan and I will keep living my life as I have been for the past 23 years." 

 

"Maybe it's a good thing that he came back.." I said. 

"A good thing?" Joon scoffed. "How so?"

"Well Yoon Jae-ssi probably feels guilty for leaving you. Maybe if you give him another chance he can be that father that you wanted all this time…" 

 

"I don't need a father anymore." 

 

Joon was so stubborn. 

I thought I shouldn't push him to do something that would probably result in something bad. How could I be sure that he wasn't going to turn on him in the future? It was Joon's decision after all. I loved him with all my heart, I didn't want him to get hurt again. 

 

I nodded and gave him a little kiss on his jaw. "Are you hungry?"

 

 

One thing is for sure Joon…

I will never hurt you. Until I met you, I didn't think there was a person that was as broken…as fragile as you. I promise I will always be by your side and give you the love you so desperately needed this entire time…

You're mine and only mine. Don't worry about anything…I'm here for you.

I love you Lee Joon.