EIGHTEEN

Until I Met You

LEE JOON

"Ah!" I hurt my finger again. Playing the piano with eight fingers was alot harder than I had originally imagined. 

"..." I cursed under my breath. I couldn't give up though. I had to become great. If Ji Hoon thought I was going to back down, he had another thing coming to him. That day, he made me realize that I could beat him. Ji Hoon didn't know I was getting back to playing the piano. Nobody knew. Lee Joon's comeback was going to be great, and I was going to take Ji Hoon's place. I was going to crush him so hard, no one would even remember him after they acknowledge me. 

Hyung, you just watch. I will become far greater than you've ever been. 

I continued practicing even though my hand hurt. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I ignored the pain and continued until I couldn't move my hand any more. 

Hyung...even if I have to play with eight fingers, I will beat you. There is no way I am going to loose to you any longer. 

I wasn't going to act like I hated him anymore. I had to get to Ji Hoon...Getting to know his weak spot and attacking...

I smirked. 

“If it weren't for greed, intolerance, hate, passion and murder, you would have no works of art, no great buildings, no medical science, no Mozart, no Van Gough, no Muppets and no Louis Armstrong.” 
― Jasper Fforde

CHOI HA NA

*door bell rings* 

I was home alone when I heard someone at my door. I went to open it and saw Sandara standing in front of me outside. 

" />

She was wearing a really slim black coat with dark glasses. She looked really beautiful. I suddenly felt a little jealous of her. 

"You know why I'm here don't you?" Sandara let herself in. I closed the door behind me. 

She took off her glasses and eyed my living room. Her face was clearly disgusted. 

"I actually don't know why you're here." I offered her to sit but she refused. 

She put her hand on her waist and scoffed. "You really don't know?!" Her eyes were piercing into mine. Sandara walked towards me until she was a couple of inches away. 

"Stay away from Ji Hoon and Joon. Don't ever meet them again." 

"I can't do that..." I said in a low voice. 

She was getting annoyed and mad. I wasn't going to tell her what she wanted to hear. She must've known my answer before she came all the way over here. 

"And why is that?" she raised a perfect eyebrow. "Don't tell me...you like Ji Hoon?" 

My cheeks felt really hot. I tried to hide my face with my hair but she caught on. 

Sandara laughed. I looked up at her. "Such a pathetic girl. You think Ji Hoon would like a girl like you?" 

"I don't like Ji Hoon...not like that." 

She sighed. "You can lie to me all you want. It doesn't really surprise me knowing that you live in this filth. Is that what you want from Ji Hoon? His money?" she pulled out her checkbook. I couldn't belive she said that. 

"How much is it that you want? I'll give you the money but in return you have to stay away from Ji Hoon and Joon." she was ready to write any amount I would tell her. 

Damn rich people. This is what I hated the most from them. Thinking they could buy anything with money.

"Leave. Please.." I tried to hold in my tears. 

She looked surprised. "A poor commoner like yourself rejecting money? Well...this is a first." she laughed. 

I couldn't take it anymore. I slapped her across the face. 

"Yah!! How dare you!!" she cupped her cheek with her hand. Just then Mir came into the house and saw the scene that had just happened. 

When Sandara saw Mir come in she started to cry. "Mir!!" Mir looked at me in disbelief. 

"Ha Na...why did you..." he hugged Sandara. Such a little actress. 

Before I could explain, Mir walked her outside with her. 

 

SANDARA PARK

"Dara...what happened?" Mir took me all the way to my car. 

"That friend of yours is really mean..she slapped me!" I whined and maybe exaggerated a little more than I should of. I was doing this for Mir too. I knew that he liked that girl more than a friend. If Ha Na didn't see Ji Hoon and Joon she wouldn't fall in love with one of them which meant that she would be all to Mir. 

"But how? Maybe I should talk to Ha Na about this..." he turned around but I grabbed his hand. I had to make up something fast. 

"That girl...you like her don't you?" 

Mir's eyes widened. "Ha Na...no! she is my frien.." 

"No..you like her more than a friend. I know you Mir." 

He look frustrated. 

"Your precious Ha Na went out with Ji Hoon last night. She likes him...or at least is starting to like him. Doesn't that bother you?" I asked. Mir looked down, he was sad. 

"Is that why you came? To tell her to stay away from him?" he looked at me in disbelief. 

I shook my head. "I came to help you. I also don't want Ji Hoon to get hurt. Ji Hoon is like a big brother to me Mir, you know that." 

"What do you want me to do?" he ran his hand through his blond hair. 

"Confess to her! If I was you, I would keep Ha Na away from our house." 

He hesitated but in the end nodded. I smiled. 

I hugged him and took off. I saw Mir on my rear view mirror standing there, looking sad. 

This is better for all of us...