FIFTY FOUR

Until I Met You

 

 

LEE JOON POV: 

 

"I said to stop being a you !!" I heard some girl yell. I turned around and I saw that girl. The one that use to be friends with Ha Na. That guy was with her…Seungho was his name. The one that abused Ha Na when they use to date. Seeing the two of them there peaked my interest. I stood up and got closer to them. As I got closer, I saw the person she was yelling at.

 

 It was MY Ha Na.

 

"Because of you Mir moved away from Korea! Who knows where he's at. If he's okay…if he is even alive!…I hate you with all my heart! Why don't you just die!?" she pushed Ha Na to the floor. 

 

I was about to intervene when I stopped myself. I couldn't defend her…even though everything told me to go and help her stand then to kill that that dared push her to the ground, it was almost as if there was an invisible wall in front of me blocking me from Ha Na. That invisible wall was my pride. 

 

"You know how much he meant to me…yet it means nothing to you. How much he cared about you, you never cared about him! You never even considered his feelings…

You had it all, but no. You wanted something greater...

That's what I hate about you Choi Ha Na. You selfish . I've always envied you…but now, you got what you deserve. You got pregnant and I'm sure the father threw you away like an old paper towel…" 

 

 

Those words pierced even my cold heart. What she was saying, I could relate to it. How she felt, the way hurt came out of as she talked…it was all too familiar to me. That was the same way I felt about father...he was the only I cared about after mother had passed away...

He never cared about me. All he did care about was Ji Hoon.

 

I stood there and did nothing. From that moment I didn't see Choi Ha Na lying on the floor, but my older brother Ji Hoon. Both of them were so alike now that I thought about it. 

 

"Mianhae Yoon Ji-ah….jeongmal mianhae…" Ha Na cried. 

What had become of her? Where was her pride!? The Ha Na I knew would never take this…

Lowering herself like this…just like Ji Hoon. 

 

*Flashback*

 

"How many times are you going to make a fool out of our family like that?! Embaressing me in that sort of manner…who the hell do you think you are Joon!?" father yelled at me while he hit me. 

I didn't mean to ruin Boosung's anniversary party. Father allowed me to play a song on the piano for the guests. There was something strange going on with the piano that made my song sound terrible.

 

I bit my lip to suppress my screams. It hurt like hell.

"Father…" He stopped hitting me when he heard Ji Hoon's voice. My jaw tightened and turned my head, refusing to look at him. 

"It wasn't Joon's fault. It was mine..I was the last to use the piano. I should of checked to see if it was ready before the party. Scold and hit me instead." 

 

Father was speechless. He couldn't believe Ji Hoon would do such a thing. 

"Don't lie to get this ungrateful brat out of trouble" 

"I'm not lying father. Please forgive me." he got on his knees. 

 

I scoffed.

Father was getting agitated. He grabbed my shirt and threw me on the floor. "I don't know why you are always trying to get this bastard out of trouble. That's why he is the way he is…"

 

"Don't talk about Joon like that--" 

"Look at him! He isn't even grateful! You disappoint me Ji Hoon-ah." he said and walked out of the room. He was furious. His favorite son had disappointed him…again.

 

"Why did you do it?" I asked annoyed.

Ji Hoon helped me up but I refused his help. "Gwenchana?" he ignored my question.

 

"Don't stand up to protect me ever again." I stood up by myself. I grunted as I struggled to get up. Ji Hoon tried to help me again. I grabbed his hand and threw it harshly from me. "I mean it! Leave me the alone!!" I yelled.

 

He grabbed my shirt and pulled me to him.  

"Swallow your pride Joon~!…nothing good comes with being too arrogant…it gets you in trouble. So what if you made a mistake. The piano wasn't tuned, so what? It could happen to anyone! Just accept, apologize and forget! Move on!" 

 

I blinked. "Lecturing me are you? Are you trying to take fathers place and giving me advice?" I laughed. "Don't make me laugh."

 

"Joon!" 

My face turned emotionless. "I am never going to change the way I am. Get that through your head. Youre telling me to move on and forget? To apologize?" I laughed. "That is no way to persevier in this world.

You let everyone walk over you…

Right now, it might not seem like much but,

that will be the reason for your misfortune. 

I want to surpass you…that is my dream. I will not let anyone get on top of me. I will destroy anyone that attempts to even think about it. 

'Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin.' 

I live by that. 

Don't forget that Ji Hoon. Because," I smiled. "That 'seed of evil' might be me, your own brother. 

But you don't have it in you to destroy me. You hold on to the hope that I will remember what ever it is that we use to be when we were young. Don't kid yourself. This is me…I like the way I am." 

I walked closer to Ji Hoon and whispered in his ear. "...if it makes a difference, I'll tell you this now. When it comes down to it, I will not have any mercy...I will not hesitate to destroy you."

Ji Hoon's eyes widened. He was surprised that words like that were coming out of a 15 year old's mouth. I could tell from the way he was shaking.

 

"I am not scared to do what ever it takes. Maybe instead of wasting your time in trying to get me out of trouble, you should at least strive to become a worthy opponent. Prepare yourself 'hyung', I will make father look at me. I will become his favorite." 

 

Ji Hoon shook his head and looked at me with pity. 

"I'm sorry Joon…I made you like this"

 

** End of Flashback **

 

"Mianhae…" she kept repeating.

"Bring Mir back…bring him back and maybe I will consider forgiving you!" 

 

"He hates me.." 

"Serves you right. He finally realized he was wasting his time with you." 

 

Someone caught her eyes. Not too far from where she was standing, was Joon. Her eyes widened. 

 

"Y-you are.." She looked horrified. Last time they encountered him it was bad. 

When Seungho saw the horror in his girlfriend's face he turned to look in the direction she was looking at and he too was surprised to see Joon standing in front of them. 

 

Joon didn't say anything. 

 

Seungho moved Yoon Ji behind him, shielding her from Joon in case he tried to do anything to her. Joon however didn't move or say anything. 

 

Ha Na wiped her tears. "I didn't want any of this to happen. I didn't know Mir's feelings towards me where like that. I couldn't accept them because I love someone else..! I love him with all of my heart…

I left Mir Oppa because I couldn't accept his feelings…I didn't want to keep hurting him.."

 

"Do you enjoy playing with my feelings, Ha Na?

 

 

Ha Na's heart stopped. She knew who that was. 

 

She turned around quickly and saw Joon with the most painful expression she had ever seen. It broke her heart.

 

"Joon.."

 

******

 

HA NA POV: 

 

Joon grabbed my arm and led me outside of the building. Once we where outside he got a better look of me. The street lights exposed my stomach. Joon's jaw tightened. "Why are you here?" 

 

"I…I saw you so I followed you.." I didn't know what else to say. I wasn't going to lie.

"Wae?"

 

"Bwoh?" 

 

"You came to my house and told me you never wanted to see me. Not only did you decide to keep the baby but you are with Ji Hoon now? Let me ask you again, why are you here?" 

 

I didn't know the answer to that. 

"I don't know, my body just acted on it's own…" it was stupid of me to say this but it was the truth. Leo wanted me to follow Joon. 

 

Joon stayed serious. "I didn't know you where this type of women Ha Na. You continue to play with my feelings." 

 

I shook my head. "Aniya~ I never wanted this to happen!"

 

"So then why do you always allow it to happen!? You don't want to hurt anyone…that's your problem! Because of that LOOK AT YOURSELF! You are going to live with the child of the person that you! It doesn't make any sense to me Ha Na…

You also want to be with him!? The man that broke us a-part?" his voice cracked. But he didn't stop, "Your !?! Have you lost your mind??"

 

"I'm not expecting you to understand my reasons…"

 

"Fine. Live happily with him…and leave me alone."

 

I looked up at him in shock. I didn't expect him to say such hurtful words. I reached out to him but he moved away.

 

"I'll say this to you now Ha Na. So get it through your head. My only goal in life is to destroy Ji Hoon. I haven't forgotten about it…I will do it. Maybe not now, or in a year, but it will happen. I am warning you…if you are on his side, you too will be destroyed." 

 

"You'd go that far? Even ruin your own child's life?" I cried.

Joon's expression changed dramatically. His eyes became hard as stone. He grabbed both my wrists and was about to slam me on the wall but he suddenly stopped himself. "Don't call that thing my child." he hissed.

 

"Thing? Why are you like this Joon?? He is yours!" I yelled.

 

"What proof do you have??!" he yelled back at me.

 

 "It's crazy and you won't believe me but he brought me to you today! Leo knows you are his father! He loves you even though you hate him!!" 

 

Joon's grip tightened. "What kind of nonsense are you talking about? Leo?" he laughed. "I see you are still the same childish girl you've always been. Is this some sort of sick attempt for me to accept that kid?" Joon released one of my hands and traced my chin with his hand. He grabbed my chin harshly and moved it so I was looking right into his eyes. "I hate him. I will never love him. In case you haven't noticed I can't love anyone…I will never love anyone. Not after what you did to me." he furrowed his eyebrows. His look was cold. "I didn't think it was possible but," he continued, "I'm starting to hate you more than Lee Ji Hoon."

 

He didn't know how much his words were hurting me. Joon could kill me with harshness. 

Even my poor Leo could understand the coldness of his father. I felt a sharp pain come from my stomach. I yelled in pain. "AHhH!" 

 

My baby knew…

He was also in pain

 

***

I'm so sorry Leo-yah…

 

"Ha Na!!" SeungHo's voice was the last thing I heard before I collapsed.