FOURTY FIVE

Until I Met You

 

 

Roy stayed up all night that night, after talking to Yi Ryeong. The way his sisters lived kept him up. He couldn’t believe the life he was blessed with while his sisters struggled to get by. He grew up having absolutely everything he desired. If only he had known he was adopted. He would of done anything to have helped his sisters sooner. His heart ached the most for Ha Na. His youngest sister. He had so much compassion for her. He hadn’t even met her yet he loved her so much.

He sighed deeply. 

“Roy...what are you still doing up?” Ji Na walked into the dining room surprised. 

“Sorry honey...I just can’t sleep.” Roy said. 

Ji Na sat by him. She grabbed his hands and looked at him with worry. 

“Is it your sisters?” She knew about the whole situation.

Roy nodded. “I feel...guilty.” 

“You didn’t have any control over that...but I do understand why you would feel like that.” 

“I'm going to meet Ha Na tomorrow.” 

“I hope it all goes well. For now, let’s go back to bed” she suggested. Roy followed and laid down on the bed, never closing his eyes.


JUNG RIAN 

“Ha Na. I just recieved a phone call about Mr. Roy Zhou wanting to meet up with you.” Min Woo came into my office. 

“Roy Zhou?” I raised a brow. "Shouldn't he go to Ji Hoon?" 

“He requested it would be you to meet him.”  

“Mm..well since he is requesting me, it must be good. Tell him I'm available.” 

Min Woo nodded and left. I was a little curious. He was an important business man. What could he possibly need to see me for?

I was on my way to meet with Roy.

I went into the restaurant and looked around for Roy. I saw a very handsome man sitting by himself in the back. He was very slim, tall and his features were sharp. He could pass as a model. He looked up and waved his hand. He was Roy indeed.

"Do you want me to stay?" Min Woo who was escorting me asked. I shook my head and he went to wait in the car. I walked up to the table and he stood up. He seemed lost for words.

“Good Afternoon Mr. Zhou. I’m Jung Rian. Vice President of Boosung.” I shook his hand.
“Very nice to meet you.” 

We both sat down.  He said, “Thank you for meeting me. I have a few things to discuss with you.” 

I looked at him never letting my guard down. There was something about him that made me feel weird. 

“Well, I’m here. Let’s begin shall we?” I said. 


 

ROY ZHOU 

 

As soon as I saw her, my eyes shot up. She was absolutely stunning. Heart stopping beauty. I couldn’t believe she was my sister. 

“Good afternoon Mr. Zhou. I’m Jung Rian. Vice President of Boosung.” She spoke fluent Chinese. Sheextended her hand to shake mine. 

“Very nice to meet you. If it's more comfortable for you, I also speak Korean.” She nodded and sat down and I did the same. “Thank you for meeting me. I have a few things to discuss with you.” 

“Well, I’m here. Let’s began shall we?” She said. There was definitely an arrogant tone to her. Her gaze was intense almost making me feel unsure of approaching her. She was a intimidating person. 

“I want to promote one of my best musicians I have, and I want you to do it.” I said. 

“Who would that be?” she raised a brow.

“His name is Jackson Wang.” 

She was quick with her words. “Never heard of him.” 

“He is a very promising talent. He is very well known in China and we mean to expand him in Asia.” 

“Why us? There are alot more places that you could look” She said. 

“I looked into Boosung because you have Lee Ji Hoon. He is a piano prodigy. Simply one of the best pianists Asia’s ever had. Not to mention your promising uprising. It would make a for a great headline don’t you think?” 

“In that case, why not talk to Mr. Lee directly? I am only the Vice President.” she narrowed her eyes. She was suspicious.
“I suppose I very well could of done so. But I know that you provide more money to the company so you are the one I should be speaking with” 

She looked stunned. “I don’t know what you are talking about” 

“I know where most of the money is coming from, so..” I sipped my coffee. Her eyes widened. “I think it’s in your best interest to work closely with me” 

She scoffed. “Are you blackmailing me?” 

“No...I am hardly doing that. I just think if anyone finds out you and your company could be in trouble” 

“So you aren’t asking me...you already have an agenda.” she was clearly angry. “But I do have a question. I am curious as to why you would go through great lengths to come and meet me like this? What is it you are trying to accomplish? Something tells me Ji Hoon is not the reason you are interested.” 

I took out the DNA results and placed them in front of her. She didn’t touch them she just eyed them. “What is this?”

“Look and you’re questions will be answered.” 

She took the paper out and read over it carefully and slowly the color of her skin looked pale. “Wh...what is the meaning of this?” 

“Rian I know it might be a shock to you, but it has also caught me off guard.” 

“This can’t be….it’s impossible” her voice was shaky. “You...can’t be my...brother” 

“I am. I have comfired it with Yi Ryeong. You both are my sisters” 

“Is that why you are coming to me like this?” 

“I know the reputation you have. This is the only way I was able to come to you” 

“My parents only had Yi Ryeong and I…” 

“Our parents gave me up for adoption and was long gone when you were born. I was adopted by my chinese parents, so I was raised in Shangai. I didn’t learn that I was korean until my father passed away”

“The CEO of Zhoumi died a month ago..” she began to put pieces together. 

 I nodded. “When my mother told me I was shocked. I began to look into everything. My birth parents...possible siblings. I debated whether I should stay away or meet you. When I looked into what past you both had I decided to come….” 

“I can’t believe this…” 

“It’s facts. DNA doesn’t lie.” 

“Then you know about Choi Ha Na” 

I nodded. “Yi Ryeong brought me up to speed about your real idenity. Before her I didn’t know...I just learned of this information” 

“Y Ryeong knew? Why didn’t she tell me anything?”
“I asked her as a favor to let me confront you on my own.” I said. She just nodded. She looked frustrated and confused. She had let her guard down. Instead of looking like the high and mighty Jung Rian, she looked like a defensless child. 

“Rian….I want to look after you and Yi Ryeong. If only I had known sooner I would of--” 

She got her composure back. “I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I am not some weak person. I am no longer Choi Ha Na. I am Jung Rian.” God, she was arrogant. 

“I didn’t mean to offend you. However you will let me do this buisness with Boosung. I don’t care if I have to blackmail you. You will agree to this” I said. 

“Is this your idea of helping us?” 

“If this is what I have to resort to….this is what I will do to help” I clearly stated.