Thirty Five

Until I Met You

Why was Ha Na suddenly hanging out with that bastard? 

No Min Woo. Where the hell did he even come from? 

Anyway, I got the reaction that I thought I would from Ha Na. She was angry...no furious. She was soon going to figure out that I led the upper hand. She didn't want to back down, and neither was I.

 

"Changsun." Rin opened the door of her room. She had been sleeping and I woke her up. She rubbed her eyes. 

"Can we talk...?" I said. She moved so I would be able to come into her room. 

"What's going on Changsun?" she asked. I looked around her room. Come to think about it, I had never been in her room. It had a nice cherry blossom scent and everything looked girly. She was alot younger than me so I didn't expect her to like the same things a women as old as Ha Na liked. 

The last time I had any interaction with her, it was at the resturant. Jung Ri An had humilated her and I didn't do anything to protect her. I did feel guilty and I wasn't sure what to do or say to make it up to her. 

"I haven't seen you in a few days.." I said. 

She moved the pillows on the couch out of the way and motioned me to sit. I did. 

She didn't say anything and I just watched her move around her room. She the lamp. 

"Truth is, I've been trying to steer clear from you Changsun" she finally sat down and the chair across from me but avoided eye contact with me. She simply looked down. 

"Did I really hurt you Rin?" I asked. 

"I am only hurt because I keep thinking of you in a way that doesn't pertain to me." 

"As a man?" 

She nodded. "You know my feelings for you." 

I sighed. "I know Rin" 

"That day...I realized that you yearn to be with Miss Ha Na and that there is no room for me in your heart. That women...won't allow me to ever be in your heart.." 

"She doesn't dictate that" 

"But I've seen it." she finally looked at me. Her eyes apeared sad. "She makes you do things..." 

I raised a brow. "Things like what?" 

"Why didn't you come after me that day? Why did you sit with her in the first place?" she was tearing. "She always humiliates me in front of you. Why do you allow her to come between us?" 

"I won't allow that to happen anymore" 

"Changsun...I can't take it anymore. I can't allow myself to have these feelings for you..." she clung on to her pants with a closed first. "I resigned myself from loving you" 

"Is that going to make you feel better...Rin?" 

"Yes." she said. I could hear the pain in her voice. She was in pain because of me. 

"That doesn't mean that I won't be there for you as your family."

"Very well." I stood up and looked at Rin. She was closing her eyes. I walked towards the door and before I left I said, "I am sorry for all the pain I've caused you Rin." 

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

"Appa...what are we going to watch?" Leo was in the bed with me while I was switching the channels. He was eating grapes. 

"Let's see what we can find Leo-yah" 

"Arraseo!" he said. I smiled. I didn't get as much time with my son as I would hope. I was about to change that. 

"Ah cham! Leo-yah, did those kids stop teasing you?" I asked him. He looked up at me and nodded. 

"Good. They don't want to continue to tease you or else they will have to face my wrath." I said. Leo laughed. "Appa...you are not scary!" 

"Yahhhh...I am too!" 

He shook his head. "No you aren't appa. Those scary bullies would tease me more if you came to school and gave them a taste of your 'wrath'" 

"Aissh.. this kid!" I grabbed him and play wrestled him. He was laughing uncontrolably. Nothing in the world gave me as much hapiness as playing with my son. He was the best thing about my life. 

With him, all the sadness dissipated. All my worries and troubles where forgotten. I didn't need anything else. 

"Okay Okay Leo-yah...I am too old for this...I give up! You win!' I tried to catch my breath and Leo got off from on top of me. "Let's watch a movie"