FIFTY THREE

Until I Met You

JUNG RIAN 

Once I was home I threw my bag on the couch and went in the kitchen. I looked in the fridge for any bottle of alcohol and found a bottle of soju. 

I grabbed it, opened it and didn’t even bother to pour it in a cup. I took a large chug. I cleaned my mouth with my sleeve. 

I walked towards the kitchen island table and sat down on the stool with my bottle. Not before long, I had finished the whole thing. 

I hadn’t even noticed it had gone dark outside. I was resting my head on the table. At one point I had even fallen asleep. 

I woke up to the sound of Min Woo’s voice. 

He was patting my shoulder, trying to get me to wake up. I opened my eyes slowly and as I lifted my head I saw a worried look on his face. 

“Oppa…” I smiled. 

“You drank this whole thing by yourself?” he raised the green bottle of soju to me. I nodded. “I guess I did” 

“Did something happen?” he asked. 

“Do I need a reason to drink?” I took the bottle from him and tilted it sideways to check if every last drop was really gone. 

“I need to get more” I stood up and Min Woo grabbed me as I fell sideways. 

I pushed him away. “I need to get more” I kept repeating. So much so that I felt tears falling from my eyes. 

“What happened?” Min Woo tried to keep me from falling by holding on to my arm and waist. 

Words couldn’t come out...I tried so speak but my voice was gone. I was so choked up.

“Ha Na wae!?” he yelled. I got startled. It was rare the times he actually raised his voice. I grabbed on to the wall. 

“We need to celebrate…” I managed to say.

“Celebrate what?” 


“I’m going back to France” 

Min Woo’s eyes widened. “Bwoh? What did you say?” 

“It’s as you heard it. I am going back to France...to live...indefinitely.” 

“What about everything here?” 

“There’s nothing here for me anymore.” 

Min Woo was skeptical. “Why...all of a sudden?” 

 

“I don’t need to explain myself to anyone. I do what I please!” I yelled.

“You’re drunk. Lay down and we will talk later” Min Woo said. 

“I know exactly what I’m saying!” I pushed his hand away. “This is my decision so respect it!” 


 

“Are you taking Leo with you?” Min Woo raised a brow.. 

“Of course....not.”

He looked shocked at my response.

“Roy is..--” I took his hand. “...he is not giving him back. He will raise him...and I’ll go back to live in France...with you” 

“You decided all this on your own?” he scoffed.
“This is what you want anyway! Isn’t it?” I laughed and moved closer to him. He looked at me with utter disbelief. “You have always wanted me to be yours….well…” 


“You're drunk.” was all he said and moved away from me. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him back to me. His body crashed into mine and we stumbled into the wall. 

I took his cheek in my hand and my other hand touched his long hair. 

“Ha Na..” he sighed and looked away from me. He almost looked annoyed at me. 

“What?” 

“You are not leaving. You need to focus on why you are here. It’s too late to drop everything and leave! Your son is being messed with. Don’t you care about that?” 


“It’s impossible at this point…” I felt a knot in my throat. Just thinking about what had happened at the hospital made me want to puke. How Roy had planned everything out was disgusting. 

 “I am going to leave...that’s what’s best for him. I am not worthy of being--” I flinched when Min Woo’s hand hit the wall right by my head. 

“What is all this nonsense?! Where is this coming from?!” 

My eyes widened. I almost felt I had sobered up. Never had I seen Min Woo like this. I had really pushed him to the limit. 

“Oppa…” 

“Do you expect me to believe that you are doing this because you want to live happily with me? How stupid do you think I am!?” He yelled. 

I was speechless.

He rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel his warm breath on my skin. 

“Min Woo--” 

He lifted his head and looked straight into my eyes. His look on me was hard and cold. 

I ran my fingers along his cheek. He didn’t flinch. 

“I’m tired…” I took his head with both my hands and brought him to my lips. My lips crashed against his. They were so warm, unlike Joon’s. 

“Min Woo...it hurts too much...the pain is so great..” I whispered in between kisses. “I don’t want to do this anymore…” I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. 

He never kissed me back. When I pulled back his face was indifferent. “Is that what you really want?” he asked me. 

I nodded. 

“You aren’t going to regret it?” 

I shook my head.

He nodded and took a step back. “I wish you the best.” he lightly bowed and started walking away from me. My eyes widened. I shook my head when I realized what he was doing. 

“Wait! Min Woo!” I ran after him, still drunk. I bumped into the chair a fell. 

“Ah…” 

I saw Min Woo stop but didn’t turn around. 

“You’re so cruel…!” I cried. He was going to leave me. Just like everyone else…

“No I’m not Ha Na” he sounded frustrated. 

“You are the only one that I have…” 

“You’re wrong. You had me...now, you you have one less person to be by your side.” 

How could he say something so harsh to me? I stood up and walked in front of him. He refused to look at me. “Don’t say that…you don’t mean it!” My hands started hitting his chest. 

He grabbed both of my wrists to stop me. His eyes expressed anger, sadness...there was tears coming out of them.

“I do mean it! Damn it Ha Na I mean every word!”

“Then why…” I breathed. “Why did you stop me from ending it that day if you weren’t going to be by my side forever?” 

His eyes widened. 

“You promised me you would stay by my side no matter what!” 

 

MINUE: 

 

Those were words I didn’t think were going to hurt as much as they did hearing them from her. She was right, I had said that...but how did I ever think that they would hold such a significance? 

Clearly, I wasn’t in my right mind when I said them nor did I think of the pain they would cause me. 

This girl...was my entire world. Why did I allow myself for her to sneak her way into my heart? She had all of the power to ruin my entire existence. 

“Oppa..” she clung to my shirt. Her touch...her kisses...they felt so good. How could I ever walk away from her? I was an idiot to think it would be so easy. 

It felt like her fingers were burning right through my shirt. These feelings….I had to stop them. It wasn’t right…

She was drunk after all. Ha Na would never act like this if she hadn't been drinking. This was my fantasy, not hers.

“Min Woo…?” she stopped crying and looked up at me. I couldn’t look at her...I knew the second I did…

She grabbed my face and directed my face to hers. My eyes were closed. I refused to look into her sorrowful eyes. That look always made me feel so weak...I was weak for her...I couldn’t stand it. 

“Look at me…” she pleaded. I shook my head. I couldn't...

"Please oppa! Look at me" 

When I did I felt everything that I was trying to avoid. My body felt hot…

“You promised oppa...if you leave...I won’t be able to stand it..” she said. I furrowed my eyebrows. The thoughts that were going through my head as she said that were dominating my better judgement. I was loosing…

My hands reacted on their own. I took both her legs, wrapped them around my waist and pinned her on the wall. I grabbed on to the wall with one arm....

Stop Minwoo...you are going to get hurt if you continue….

I ignored the voice in my head and kept going. 

I kissed her.

Ha Na responded to my kiss. We kissed long and hard. This all felt unreal. Having her like this...here with me, it was my dream come true. 

I had loved her from the moment I had first laid eyes on her. 

Ha Na’s hands began to roam from my face to my neck, chest to ing my shirt. Did she really want this too? Did she have feelings for me? Was I wrong to think that she had loved only Joon this entire time? 

Her touch felt real along with her kisses. Maybe I was just a fool in love. Perhaps she was just trying to fill the void in her heart. 

 


 

Ha Na ed Min Woo’s shirt and threw it to the floor. 

Her hands went up to his hair. It was up in a messy half bun. She grabbed the elastic and let it down. Her fingers caressed it earning a groan from him.

‘Wow..’ she thought. Ha Na would of never guessed that Min Woo had such an amazing body. He was so muscular. 

“What are you gawking at?” he whispered in between nipping at her neck. 

“I never would of guessed you looked like that under that shirt” she said. 

Min Woo smirked. He didn’t say anything and still caring Ha Na he walked towards the bedroom. They continued to kiss through it all...barley being able to keep to themselves. 

When he reached his bedroom he closed the door and made it to the bed. As he put her down slowly, she quickly took off her shirt. Min Woo watched her as he was on top. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her body. She had lost alot of weight but that didn’t make her look any less beautiful. To him, she was incomparable. When he noticed him staring hungrily at her, she took hold of his shoulders and brought him to her level. She her lips drawing his eyes there. She pressed her body with his and kissed him, again and again. 

Min Woo was such a good kisser, it made her wonder if he had alot of experience with girls. She quickly shrugged that thought away from her mind when she felt his hand trail down her waist and stopped at her thigh. She blushed.

"Ha Na...I-" Min Woo started but was interrupted by the doorbell. He jolted up as he heard it. They were not expecting anyone...who could it be at his time? 

“Stay here Ha Na...Ill go see who it is” Min Woo’s overprotective side came out and not bothering to put on a shirt, went to go check who dared bothered them. 

He didn’t even care to fix his hair. 

He opened the door and to his surprise it was none other than Lee Joon. 

“What do you want?” Min Woo was very annoyed. As soon as Joon’s eyes met his, he was instantly angry. He noticed he wasn’t wearing anything but his pants. His hair was a mess.

“What are you doing in someone elses’ house this late?”