TWENTY NINE

Until I Met You

Joon dragged Ha Na out of the restaurant all the way to his car. She was so confused about everything. "Joon..." she said softly. He let go of her hand and got in the car. For some reason he was pissed off but he wasn't exactly sure why. That guy...did he have anything to do with Choi Ha Na? He couldn't stop thinking about it. On the way to Joon's apartment, both of them stayed quiet. None of them said a word to each other. Occasionally, Ha Na would steal glances at Joon but he would only have his eyes on the road. 

When they arrived at his apartment, he stopped the car but didn't get out. "Who was that bastard?" Joon was trying really hard to keep calm but it was obviously not working. Ha Na sighed and shook her head. SeungHo was the last thing she wanted to talk about especially with Joon. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" 

"I don't want to talk about that!" Ha Na snapped. Joon was taken by surprise by her sudden outburst which only made him more curious. He didn't intend to drop the subject anytime soon. 

"Why did he get so angry?" 

Ha Na looked outside the window. 

"Why did you do that in front of them?" she was still confused about what happened earlier. How could he be so loving one minute and the next be like this?

"I have my own reasons. Now tell me abou--" 

"No." Ha Na tried to hold in her tears. She opened the door and got out. 

Joon did the same. Ha Na leaned against Joon's car facing away from him. She didn't want to tell Joon about SeungHo. He would hate her if he knew. To her, she belived she was a sick person. Being abused...and still being in love with him, it was outrageous. 

Before she knew it, she was crying. Hard.

All the times he punched her in the face, all over her fragile body...all the countless times he forced himself on her...the hurtful words...it was too much for her to handle. 

She ran her long fingers through her hair and cried her heart out. He didn't seem like he regret anything. SeungHo looked fine. That's what got to Ha Na.

"I hate you....I HATE YOU!" she yelled but it only came out as a soft whisper. It was barley audible. 

"Ha Na..." Joon approached her. When he saw her face, his heart ached. He wasn't sure what was going on but he felt the urge to hug her close...

So he did.

He grabbed her waist and pulled her against his chest. She grabbed onto his black shirt tightly and cried on his chest. Joon her hair until she calmed down. When she wasn't crying anymore, he leaned down and told her to get on him. 

He carried her on his back all the way to his apartment. 

Joon opened the door skillfully with one hand. Ha Na still had her arms wrapped around Joon's neck when they entered. "We're here." he said to Ha Na. Joon let her down carefully. Both of them took off thier shoes at the entrance.

"I like your apartment. It's nice." Ha Na moved to the sofa and sat down. 

"Glad you like it." Joon sat down next to HaNa. He put his arm around her. She instantly leaned her head on his chest. 

Then she did the most unexpected thing. She began talking about SeungHo.

"SeungHo and I use to date. A long time ago. It was around the time my parents died." Ha Na said. "He was a very important person at that moment. Everything was great at first but then.." HaNa stopped and sighed. Joon took her hand in his and held it tightly...reassuringly her. Making her feel safe...he would always protect her. She continued. "He...had this condition I didn't know. He was bipolar." 

"Go on." Joon's jaw tightened. He knew where this was going. He was beginning to understand why she was so scared at the restaurant and why she was crying earlier.

"SeungHo...he..abused me. He hit me every night when he came home. He me...so many times.." 

Joon couldn't take it anymore. He could feel his entire body heating up with rage. 

"Why were you with him today?" Joon asked harshly. Ha Na lifted her head to look at Joon and sat up. Ha Na told Joon everything. From the beginning to the end. 

Not only was Joon mad at SeungHo but at Yoon Ji now.

"Don't ever met with him again do you hear me?" Joon demanded. Ha Na's eyes widened. She didn't think Joon would get this angry. She nodded quickly.

Never in Joon's life did he feel the strong urge to kill someone. The thought of that bastard touching Ha Na made every part of his body flare up. If he ever saw him again, he wouldn't be able to hold back....

"Don't do anything to him..." Ha Na said. "It happened a long time ago. It doesn't matter anymore...so please.." Joon looked at her in disbelief. 

"Are you even listening to yourself right now?" Joon sat up. 

"Promise me you won't.." Ha Na took his hand. Joon looked annoyed...

It was true. It happened so long ago but the way he looked at him when he did things to Ha Na...Joon couldn't forget it that look. That bastard still had feelings for Ha Na. Not only was there Ji Hoon that liked her....but now this guy. 

Did God hate him or something? Why couldn't there be something he could call his own without there being someone there to take it from him?