FOURTY THREE

Until I Met You

 

Joon was frozen in place. He could not believe what he was witnessing. The man inside Ji Hoon's office was his father. 

 

Joon suddenly felt lightheaded and grabbed on to the door. He moved it a little, making a small creaking sound. It was enough for Ji Hoon and Yoon Jae to hear it and turn around. 

Joon felt a sharp pain in his head and grabbed his face with his free hand. With his eyes widened and complete shock on his face he turned his body around and leaned on the door. He was sweating a lot.

 

Yoon Jae was the first to get up and go to Joon. 

He didn't know it was his son until he was right in front of him.

"Joon..?" he called out for him. 

Joon was trying to catch his breath. He calmed down a bit after. "Leave me alone." he finally said.

"Gwenchana??" Yoon Jae tried to help him up but Joon pushed his hand away harshly. 

Yoon Jae was surprised to see his son acting like this. What Ji Hoon said about hating him might have been true after all.

 

"When will you grow up? Always putting a show for everyone to see." Ji Hoon said. He had been observing everything.

Joon glared at Ji Hoon. 

"Scary~" Ji Hoon laughed. 

 

"Ji Hoon…that will be enough. Stop now." Yoon Jae told Ji Hoon.

Joon scoffed. 

 

"Trying to play daddy?" Joon lifted himself up. "I don't know why you're here and really I can care less about it." 

"That's not it Joon-ah…please listen to what I have to say before you leave." Yoon Jae pleaded. Joon ignored him and started to leave. 

 

"Better chase him before he jumps off a cliff or something extreme like that. Our Joonie is such a drama queen." he laughed and continued to drink. 

Yoon Jae looked at Ji Hoon in disbelief. Is this how Ji Hoon treated his younger brother? 

He didn't say anything else and ran to catch up with his son.

 

 

LEE JOON POV:

 

I walked out of Boosung as fast as I could. I couldn't believe that my birth father was here. Why was he even here?

"Joon!" I heard that man yell out for me. I stopped when I was outside. My hands formed into fists. I was mad as hell. 

I didn't turn to see him, I just stood there until he caught up with me. 

 

"I'm sorry Joon…let me explain things…" he was trying to catch his breath. 

I finally faced him and I could feel my eyes getting red. They were itching…waiting for me to cry like a little child. A little boy that had finally seen his father after years of waiting for him. Even though I spent my entire life believing that Lee Min Jae was my father he never was one to me. Kim Yoon Jae….if only he would of come into my life sooner…my life would of been different. I held resentment towards him because of that.

 

"Joon.." he looked sad. 

"Let's go somewhere else." I couldn't let the reporters see this outside of Boosung. I walked to my car, he followed. 

 

When we reached my car we got in and I went to a restaurant near by. On our way there, not one of us spoke a word to each other. 

 

"Welcome Lee Joon-ssi." the waiters greeted me as soon I we arrived. They knew me very well. I would come here often.

I nodded and walked in with Kim Yoon Jae close behind me. 

 

We sat in a secluded area where we could both talk without there being spectators. 

"Are you ready to order?" the waitress asked. 

"Wine." I said. I didn't want anything strong for now. The waitress smiled widely and said, "Ofcourse." 

Kim Yoon Jae noticed the waitress flirting with me and once she left he said, "Popular with the ladies I see" 

I scoffed. "I hear you were too" 

Yoon Jae cleared his throat and loosed his tie. "Do you have a girlfriend?" he tried to change the subject. 

I rested my chin on my hand and narrowed my eyes at him. "Is this what you wanted to talk about? You can stop beating around the bush and go to the point." 

 

Yoon Jae laughed. "Is it so wrong to want to get to know my son first?" 

 

"Your..son?" Joon continued. "Don't flatter yourself. You aren't my father." 

 

Yoon Jae should of expected this. Was he really a fool to believe that I would welcome him with open arms? 

"As much as I despise Lee Min Jae, he was a better father that you." 

 

The waitress came with our drinks. As soon as mine touched the table I grabbed it and gulped it down. "Get me another one." I ordered the waitress. 

"Joon…I understand why you hate me. But i had no choice but to stay out of your life! Your mother said it was best for me to never meet you…I thought you were better off--" 

"Better off?! Yeah…living with my mother was bearable…but when she died, I had to live with a father that didn't even care if I came home or not. That house was my hell. Of course you didn't have to worry…you were living well."

 

"Back then, I didn't have anything…when your mother and I were together I had nothing! I was a poor commoner living in the worst part of Korea. How was I supposed to take in a child when I could barely make it myself?" 

 

"Messing around with a rich women…I'm sure you weren't so poor. Didn't you get something out of it? Why else would someone like you go out with a women like my mother in the first place? The answer is beyond obvious." I raised a brow.

Yoon Jae slapped me. 

 

"I loved Young Rang! I never thought of her as a rich anything. She was everything to me. If I would of been as powerful and rich as I am today I would of tooken you and her from that bastard.." 

 

"Your excuses don't interest me in the least bit. It's too late now." 

I got up from my seat.

"Joon please give me another chance" 

 

"I don't give second chances."