ONE

Until I Met You

        "I embrace my rival, but only to strangle him."

 

LEE JOON 

I sit and watch curiously at my older brother Ji Hoon. He plays the piano with such elegance and perfection. I can't stand it. The melody is so sweet yet sad, I wonder if he composed this himself.

My hands balled into fists and I closed my eyes. I couldn't stand him. I knew why father prefefed Ji Hoon over me. He had been gone for two years, working hard to become a great composer. In those two years I too worked hard for what was my only purpose; to beat Lee Ji Hoon. I knew he would be back better than ever and this proved it. 

When Ji Hoon was done playing he stood up and walked towards me. He was now in front of me. I looked up at him only to find that smile that I deeply detested. I said nothing and I stood up as well. 

"Father is throwing a welcoming party for me this evening. I would really love it if you came." He layed his hand on my shoulder and smiled. Again

I looked at him with a blank expression. "I'll go." I said and walked out of the living room. I closed the door behind me and sighed. If only he knew how much I hated him. If only I could just leave and never see him again. If only. I couldn't.

 

_______________________

 

The party turned out like I had expected it to be. Since I was young it had always been the same. 

There was rich, sobby people everywhere. Fake and materialistic. People like that had been in my life ever since I was born.

I arrived late so everyone looked at me with questioning stares. "Why is the President's son late?" I heard some ladies asking each other. I just bowed and excused myself to where my father and Ji Hoon were sitting. 

"Why are you late?" My father asked with his usual harsh tone. 

"I'm sorry father. I had a few things I had to take care of." I said. Ji Hoon tried to clam father down by telling him that it was alright and he immedietly did. Ofcourse he would listen to Ji Hoon. 

After everyone had eaten my father requested Ji Hoon to play the piano. He smiled and obeyed. Ji Hoon sat down and began to play the same song he had played this morning in the living room. 

"Wow, he really is amazing!" "Yes he is." "Worthy of taking over Min Jae ssi's buisness don't you think?" All around me, people complimented Ji Hoon. My hands formed fists under the table.

Ji Hoon played with such intensity I couldn't help but feel jelousy towards him. 

"Thank you my son. Everyone, this is my eldest, Ji Hoon." 

Ji Hoon bowed and smiled at father and everyone. That smile I hated so much. I just wanted to rip it off his face. 

"Thank you father, you are too kind." he bowed at him. "You should play another song." my father told Ji Hoon. 

"Yes please!" "He is amazing...please play another song!" they all said. My blood was boiling at that point. jelously and rage clouded my judgement. I needed to get out of here...before I did something that I would regret later. I walked outside. 

 

 I needed fresh air. I stopped when I reached the pool. Bad thoughts about ending my life soon began to rise in my head. Tears rolled down my face. 

"Why? Why does everyone prefer him?? I...I am just as good...no. I am better. Why can't anyone see that?!" I yelled. I didn't care if anyone heard me. I took off my shoes and jacket. I undid my tie and threw it to the side. 

"You will finally have the only son you wanted father. Once I'm out the picture...." I was about to jump when I heard someone yell, "Don't do it!!"

I stopped and looked over at the direction the voice came from. There standing was a girl with a terrified look on her face. She didn't look like she was among the invited as she wasn't in a dress.

"Mister...please don't do it...." she pleaded. She started to get close to me. I didn't move. Great, this is exactly what I needed. 

"Suicide is not the answer." she looked dead serious. 

"I...I wasn't trying to kill myself you stupid girl. Leave me alone." I said harshly. Girls like her annoyed me. She looked offended and embaressed. 

"Well look here mister! First of all I am not stupid and second of all, what were you doing then? Going for a swim!? In your suit?? And I am the stupid one?!" She yelled at me. 

"Just mind your own busniess." I grabbed my jacket and put my shoes on. I went back inside but not the the party. I went straight to the only place no one could bother me. 

 

CHOI HA NA

 

"Mean, heartless jerk! Aisshhh I am going to kill him if I ever see him again! Here I am trying to save him and he just makes a fool of me!!" I walked in the direction 'the jerk' had gone a few minutes ago. I entered the house. There was so many rooms. The house was ginormous! That and I was lost. Which room is it at?" I looked at my map. I at reading maps. Why did Mir sent me to look for this all by myself!? 

I heard my phone vibrate and looked at the caller ID. It was Mir. 

"Hey you big stupid jerk where the hell are you? I'm lost!" I whined. There was so many rooms in the house I didn't know which one had ordered the sushi. 

"Yah! Be nice to your oppa!!" I heard Mir yell back. 

"Just come into the big house we saw earlier arasso?" I hung up. Well better start looking now. I was looking around I had no idea where I was walking when I bumped into someone. 

"I'm sorry!! Excuse me" I bowed without looking at who ever I had bumped into. "Are you okay miss?" I heard him say. I looked up at him and he looked oddly familiar. He kind of resembled the jerk I had met earlier. 

"Uh, yes...are you?"

He was actually really handsome. He resembled that other guys so much but he looked nice. Way nicer. 

He laughed and said, "I am fine. Can I help you?" 

"Actually I am lost. You see my friend and I were supposed to deliver sushi to this address..."I showed him the piece of paper with the address written on it. 

"Oh I see. Well were is it?" He asked looking amused. 

"Oh right..." I laughed nervously. "We kind of went our seperate ways in trying to find the place..." I rubbed the back of my neck. 

"Ha Na!! There you are! I was looking for you everywhere!" I saw Mir carrying the sushi box. I looked at the nice guy and smilied. "There it is..." I laughed. Both him and Mir tensed up as soon as they looked at each other.

He called servants to take it into the kitchen and paid Mir and I. 

"Thank you!" I bowed. Mir was acting strange. We made our way to the door. Before we could make it someone came in from those doors. I knew that face too well. It was the jerk from earlier! 

"You!!" I pointed rudely at him. Mir looked like he was about to puke yesterday's dinner. "Yah!! Ha Na are you crazy!?" Mir whispered. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "Sorry...please excuse us. We will be going now." He bowed. 

"Why are you apologizing to this pig headed moron!? Oppa!! Let me go...! I have to kill that mean jerk!" I strugged to get free. 

"Hyung. What is this? I didn't know you invited low class things like...." he looked at me with a nasty glare and continued, "this to your party." 

My heart stopped. Low class things?! Now he was really going to die. But before I could say anything, Mir dragged me outside. 

This isn't the end....I'll get you back for sure!! I thought.