SIXTY

Until I Met You

 

 

"Songsaeng-nim please let us know of Ha Na's condition" Yoon Jae asked the doctor when he saw him come out of the surgery room. 

 

"Excuse me for the question but who are you? I see you are very close to the young man that came in." he meant Joon. He continued, "Are you Miss Ha Na's father?" 

 

"No. I am Joon's father. Ha Na is my son's girlfriend." 

 

"Ah. I was about to ask of you something very important but unfortunately you aren't her father or family." he sighed. 

 

"What was it you where going to ask me?" Yoon Jae looked nervous. 

 

"The young miss will need a blood. We are trying to save both the baby and her but she is loosing too much blood." The doctor said. 

 

Yoon Jae feared for her death. He feared for Joon. It was becoming more clear that Ha Na's condition was no joke. 

 

"Doctor without it is there a possibility that Ha Na could-" 

 

"She will not make it." 

 

__________

 

 

"Did you talk to the doctor? What did he say??" Joon asked me as soon as I got back. 

 

"Joon…you are going to have to choose. There isn't much time left" 

 

"No….NO!" Joon yelled. 

"Joon calm down" 

 

"I will not calm down! Don't you get it?! I will loose the women I love!" 

 

"Of course I understand Joon-ah.." I thought about my own love. Lee Young Rang. 

 

"No you don't! At least you don't have in your conscious that you were the one that killed my mother! 

I could blame everyone for the reason I am the way I am. I could blame you. Lee Min Jae. Lee Young Rang…Ji Hoon. But this….I did this!

I ruined Ha Na's life! I gave the order to kill the baby….

I never thought It would turn out like this…

It's all my fault…

God can punish me with death just let Ha Na live…." 

 

"Don't say that…Joon I'm sorry that things ended up like this but don't blame yourself like this! If the baby is the one that survives you have to take care of it..." 

 

Joon shook his head. Tears were streaming down his face. 

 

"You have to let Ha Na rest in peace knowing the baby is safe with you. Joon you have to make it up to her if she doesn't make it. It's the least you can do for your actions!"

 

"That's why she is with Ji Hoon…he is the father so he should take what's his." Joon said coldly. 

 

"She'd want it to be you. Between Ji Hoon and you, you are the one she loves." I tried to persuade him. I knew my efforts would be useless. 

 

"Then why is she engaged to him!?" 

 

"Joon…how could you be so clueless?" I started. Joon's eyes widened. "No mother would kill their own baby. Not even to be with the man they love. Ha Na made me biggest sacrifices there is. She sacrificed her happiness to keep her baby." 

 

Joon stayed quiet. Maybe I was getting through to him. 

 

"Mr. Lee?" the doctor approached us. 

 

"How is she? Could you save her??" Joon looked hopeful. 

 

"The baby is well and healthy. You had a boy. Congratulations." the nurse said.

 

"A boy?" I smiled and I patted Joon's shoulder and laughed joyfully.

As if no one had said anything Joon quickly asked the nurse, "How is Ha Na??? Is she alive?!" 

 

The doctor cleared his throat. "Choi Ha Na is….in a coma." 

 

"Wh…a…t..?" 

 

 

___________