SEVENTY

Until I Met You

Ha Na's fingers twitched, she was beginning to move. 

All of a sudden her eyes flew open. 

 

The maid that was put in charge of looking over Ha Na saw her eyes opened and rushed to her side. "Omo! Miss Ha Na…Miss Ha Na!" she tried shaking her a bit but Ha Na made no progress. She only remained motionless on her bed with her eyes wide opened. 

 

"Aigoo…ottokae!?" she didn't want to leave but she had to go tell someone. She yelled, hoping that someone would hear her. 

 

Byunghee wasn't too far and heard the maid yelling from Ha Na's room. He ran to her room and opened the door. 

 

He too was shocked to see Ha Na's eyes opened. 

"Mrs. Kang! What's going on?" 

 

"It's Miss Ha Na… she is waking up Mr. Jung!" 

 

Byunghee smiled happily and couldn't wait to let Yi Ryeong know. She was taking care of some business at the moment. 

 

All of a sudden both heard Ha Na say something they couldn't make out. 

"J…JJoo…" she whispered. She was already wanting to speak. Nobody thought she would wake up like this.

 

 

"Miss Ha Na…hold on I am going to get a doc--" Byunghee didn't even finish and Ha Na had blinked and actually moved. She was awake. 

 

The maid gasped and ByungHee could not believe his eyes.

 

"Wh..where..a…m I?" she sounded frightened. There was long spaces between her words. But she was fully consciense now.

 

"Miss…Ha Na.." Byunghee whispered. 

 

"Who-are you?" she tired to sit up. Her wounds still hurt her. Byunghee helped her sit up. She looked around. "Where's Joon…?" she looked scared. ByungHee was surprised that name even came up. 

 

When nobody said anything she began to panic.

 

"Joon….Joon! Where is Joon? I want Joon…I want to see Joon!" 

 

"Mr. Jung…who is Joon?" the maid asked. 

Byunghee tried to calm Ha Na down. She wanted to get up from her bed. 

 

"Miss Ha Na, please try to calm down." 

 

"Who are you?! Why do you keep calling me Miss Ha Na!? Don't touch me…! I want to see Joon!" she struggled to get free. "Let me go! Joon!! JOON! Help me!!" she yelled. 

 

 

_________

 

"JOON!" Yi Ryeong came into her house and as soon as she did she heard someone yell. 

"Byunghee?" she called for him but no answer. 

 

"I want Joon!!" she heard the person yell again. Yi Ryeong froze. There was no mistake. She knew exactly who that was. 

 

"Ha Na?" she ran upstairs and her men followed. She went into Ha Na's bedroom and she was right. Ha Na was awake.

 

She covered and a tear escaped her eyes. 

 

"My Lady!" ByungHee was relieved to see Yi Ryeong. The maid bowed as soon as she saw Yi Ryeong. 

 

"Joon! Save me!" Ha Na cried. The scene was heartbreaking. 

 

Yi Ryeong walked closer. She couldn't believe her younger sister was awake after everything she had been through. What hurt the most was the fact that even though she had been through alot she still called for the man that had caused her that pain.

 

She didn't know. 

 

"Ha Na-yah.." Yi Ryeong called out for her sister. Finally Ha Na had stopped and looked at her.

It was clear that she did not recognize her.

"Who are you? Why do you have me here?!" 

 

"You don't know who I am?" Yi Ryeong was a bit hurt but she knew that it was impossible for her to remember. After all she was just a baby when she was forced to leave. 

 

"No! I don't know who any of you are! I want to go home to Joon!!" she cried.

 

"That is not possible." Yi Ryeong said. "You are far away from Korea." 

 

"Bwoh!?" 

 

"You live here now. In France." Yi Ryeong told the younger girl. She was absolutely shocked. 

"Why did you bring me here!?" Ha Na began to struggle again. She was just like a little child.

 

"Mrs. Kang, please leave us." Yi Ryeong gave the orders to the maid and she did as she was told, leaving ByungHee, Ha Na and Yi Ryeong in the room. 

 

"I am your unnie." Yi Ryeong said bluntly. Ha Na's eyes widened. "Unnie?" 

 

"Omma and Appa hid this from you. When you were just a baby I was forced to leave home. You do not remember." Yi Ryeong went right to the point. She didn't want to waste any time. She had waited enough time to reveal this secret. 

 

"You're crazy! You kidnapped me from my home and brought me here and now you are telling me all lies!!" Ha Na couldn't understand anything. 

 

Yi Ryeong was hurt but didn't show it.

"You will stay here. Until you have calmed down I will come back to check on you. When you are ready I will tell you everything you wish to know." Yi Ryeong was about to walk out the door when she heard Ha Na's soft cry. She turned around.

 

"Why won't anyone tell me where Joon is?" she was frustrated not to mention confused. 

 

"Lee Joon?" 

 

Ha Na's eyes widened. 

"You know him? Where is he?!" 

 

"Why would you want to know anything about him?" Yi Ryeong narrowed her eyes. 

 

"What?" 

 

"After what he did to you…" 

 

Ha Na was even more confused. "What do you mean? He didn't do anything to me!!" 

 

 

"Where is your baby?" Yi Ryeong asked. She was completely heart broken when Ha Na couldn't even speak. Not once had she even mentioned the baby since she woke up. 

 

"M..y baby?" her voice cracked. She was recollecting her thoughts. 

 

"What is the last thing you remember?" Byunghee asked her. 

 

Ha Na covered . She began to cry again. "The…warehouse…I almost..died.."

 

"You know who put you in that warehouse!?" Yi Ryeong was being senseless. Byung Hee interrupted. "My Lady!" 

 

"Do you know!? uh!?!?" she cried. It had her so angry that she didn't think of her baby once. It angered her that the first person that she asked for was Lee Joon. The man that tried to kill her. "That ing son of a wanted to kill you!!"

 

"Stop!" ByungHee yelled. It took Yi Ryeong by surprise. 

 

"Can't you see what your thoughtless behavior is causing!?" he looked at Ha Na. She was shaking. "She is going into shock!" 

 

She shook her head. Her entire body was shaking. "No..no no no…he wouldn't do something like that…he loves me…." she whispered. "he was just upset…he thought Leo wasn't his…" she kept shaking her head. 

 

Yi Ryeong was getting so frustrated. She went to her and shook her. "Wake up! HE DIDN'T LOVE YOU! HE TRIED TO END YOUR BABY'S LIFE!! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF CHOI HA NA!!!" Yi Ryeong cried. 

 

Byung Hee had to pull Yi Ryeong from Ha Na take her outside of her room. 

"Let go of me this instant Byunghee!" 

 

They were outside and ByungHee released her.

 

"I get that you are upset but think about how Miss Ha Na feels. To wake up to this" 

 

Yi Ryeong said, "I can't not just stand there--" 

 

"Yes I understand but give her time" 

 

"I am going to make her hate that bastard. Lee Joon will not be the man she loves…not after what he did to her." Yi Ryeong's hands turned to knuckles.

 

"Are you sure that's the right thing to do My Lady? You will only harvest hate from her or something worst. It would be futile since Lee Joon is dead." 

 

"So should I let her live on loving him? No" she shook her head. "Never" 

 

Byung Hee was quiet. He knew better than to try to change Yi Ryeong's mind. He knew how stubborn she could be. The look in her eyes was terrifying. He had never seen her so determined to do something in her life. 

 

 

 

 

______________