FOURTY FIVE

Until I Met You

 

"How is it?" 

"It's edible." Joon said. God he could be such a bastard sometimes. He went back to eating, well more like playing with his food. He didn't seem like he was all that hungry. He must still be thinking about Kim Yoon Jae.

 

I didn't want to bother him and I just went into the living room and the T.V. 

There was nothing on. I kept switching through the channels when Joon grabbed the remote and turned off the T.V. 

I looked up at him curiously and then Joon said the most unexpected thing. "Ha Na, move in with me." 

 

My eyes lit up. Was he being serious right now?

"W-what" I said dumbly. 

 

"I said move in with me." Joon repeated.

 

"M-move in with you? Waeyo?" 

 

"I don't feel comfortable you living with Cheol Yong anymore. You two alone.." 

Since when did it matter that Mir and I lived together? It never bothered Joon…so why now?

 

"I don't understand…"

"That kid…has feelings for you." Joon said. 

"…" I didn't say anything. Mir was like a brother to me…why was Joon saying things like this all of a sudden? 

"Mir is my bestfr--" 

"I am aware about that. But he doesn't see you as that. Just listen to me and stay with me. It isn't only Cheol Yong that I am worried about.." 

"I don't see why you are freaking out about this," I shrugged but quickly added when I saw him glare at me with his scary intimitading face. "..but I will get my stuff and move in today"

 

"Get it now, we have to be somewhere later." Joon said. What the hell was his rush?? Why was he behaving like an right now?

 

I grunted and put my shoes on. "I'll be back." I sighed. 

"You think you are going alone?" 

 

I raised a brow. "Why can't I?" 

 

"I'll give you a ride." 

I extended my hand to his face and shook my head. "Don't bother. I will go alone." 

 

I closed the door behind me. 

I had an idea of why Joon was acting the way he was, I didn't feel comfortable with it but I decided to it up and deal with it. 

 

 

 

At Mir's house:

 

"Ha Na- you're back.." Mir looked terrible. His face looked like he hadn't slept in days. I suddenly felt bad for leaving him alone. How was I going to tell him that I was moving out?

 

"Why didn't you call me?" he was sad. 

"Mir..I'm sorry.." I played with my hair. My heart was beating fast. Since when was I this nervous around my best friend? 

I must of been what Joon had said about him having feelings for me. 

 

"I made some food…come and eat." Mir tried to cheer up. 

I didn't move. I stayed where I was and Mir turned back to looked at me, confused. I took a deep breath and said, "Mir…I-I'm moving out."

 

Mir looked hurt. He tried to cover it by laughing. One second his face was sad and the next he was laughing. "What the heck are you talking about Ha Na-yah.." 

 

"I said I am moving out." I closed my eyes to keep me from crying. 

 

Mir's voice changed to a deeper and darker. "With who?" from the sound of his voice it sounded like he already knew the answer to his question. 

 

"Joon." 

 

I looked up at Mir and he bit down on his lip, hard. His hands turned into fists. There was no doubt that Mir was angry. He raised his head and walked towards me. 

When my back was against the door he placed his hand on the door trapping me. His body was so close to mine. 

"What do you see in him, Ha Na?" he whispered.

 

I became speechless. I had never seen Mir act like this. 

"Why him…and not me?" 

 

"Mir…don't be like this.." I tried to push him away but he only got closer. 

"I was by your side when you needed me to be. I was there after your parents died, when Seungho… you-" my eyes widened. He knew!? "Yes. I loved you even back then. I had to endure seeing you in pain, no matter how much it hurt me." he continued, "We lived happily together for a long time…but since you met Lee Changsun…because you met him bad things started to happen to you. Ha Na, why you you keep clinging on to him? Because of that Ji Hoon hyung- he," Mir couldn't say it. His eyes where getting teary. "…forget about him and stay with me" he raised his hand and touched my cheek. A tear escaped my eye and Mir wiped it away. "You won't have to suffer anymore if you were with me.." 

 

He leaned closer and tried to kiss me. Our lips touched for a second and I turned my head to the side. "I can't-" 

Mir didn't give up and grabbed my chin and kissed me again. I used all my strength the push him away and I slapped him. 

 

I was panting. I can't believe Mir had kissed me. Even after I had said no...

 

"Is this it then?" Mir's jaw tightened. 

I wiped my tears with my sleeve. Ofcourse not Mir…I love you, I want you in my life...

 

"Stop crying and tell me! if you are going to reject and leave me don't cry!" Mir yelled. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the wall again. 

 

xxxxx

 

"I'm sorry Mir…I don't want to leave because you-" 

"because me what? Because you will feel sorry for me?! Don't say bull Ha Na! I don't need your pity!" Mir let go of her harshly and when he turned around he saw Joon standing by the door. 

 

"Take your ing and get the hell out of my house!" Mir yelled and slammed the door of his room.

 

 

Ha Na felt a knife pierce through her heart. The person she loved the most hated her now. 

 

 

Lee Joon: 

 

The car ride home was quiet. Ha Na was upset. She remained quiet until we got the the restaurant I had made reservations at. 

"Why are we here? I want to go home." she said. 

"I'm hungry…you should eat too. Come, let's go inside." I got out of the car and hurried to Ha Na's side to open the door. She came out and almost collapsed when she did. I held her and asked, "Ha Na, are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." She pushed me away and walked inside the restaurant. 

I caught up with her and the waiters got us a table as soon as they saw us. 

 

"Lee Joon-ssi??! Yaaaah...It's been a while, ne?" I ran into someone that worked at Boosung. I told Ha Na to go on ahead and take a seat while I stayed behind.

 

"What are you doing here? Isn't this place a little out of your budget?" 

The man laughed and patted my shoulder. "President Lee promoted me you see! He is such a great person. Are you here to meet him?" 

 

I scoffed. "No." 

"Jeongmal? That's strange. I would of thought so since you are both here…" 

"Ji Hoon is here?" I asked.

 

He laughed, "Yes. He was rewarding his empolyees for working hard. President Lee is so caring. So unlike Lee Min Jae-ssi…he never once took us out." he chuckled. "I am heading out…my wife has been calling me." he said. "It was nice to see you again Lee Joon-ssi." 

 

Ji Hoon was here. I had to take Ha Na and leave at once. I didn't say anything more to him and practically ran to inside to look for Ha Na. 

 

It was too late. 

 

"Ha Na-ssi? What a pleasant surprise. I never thought I would be running into you here tonight." Ji Hoon stood up from his seat and smiled at Ha Na. 

Ha Na was frozen. I could tell she was terrified. 

 

"Why don't you join us?" 

Ha Na looked pale.

 

"Because she is with me." I walked in and stood next to Ha Na. Ji Hoon gave me a look of defiance. "Well, that explains why Miss Ha Na is here." 

 

All of the employees looked at me in awe. It had been a while since they had seen me. They looked happy to see me.

 

"Let's go." I grabbed Ha Na's shoulders. 

"Wait. Stay and have dinner with us." Ji Hoon walked to us. "Everyone requests of it." 

 

I looked back at the workers and they told me to join. Most of them where tipsy and drunk. 

 

When Ji Hoon got too close Ha Na squeezed my hand. 

 

I didn't say anything and took Ha Na with me. I stopped when Ji Hoon laughed, "Like father, like son." he whispered. I however, heard it.

I stopped in my tracks. 

 

I turned around and glared at Ji Hoon. He smirked. 

"It's been a long time since you all have see my dongsaeng, right?" he looked at me as he spoke but he was talking to his workers. "…why don't I tell you a story?"

 

 

"Our Joon here is not Lee Min Jae's son." he said. Everyone gasped. "How can that be?" What?" "No way." they whispered upon themselfs. 

"What do you mean President?" one of them spoke up.

 

"Joon is talented, no doubt about that. But he didn't make it to becoming President because he is not the son of Lee Min Jae. It's such a pity. It was his dream after all." 

 

Ji Hoon was putting a show for everyone to see. 

 

"Don't look at me like that Joon-ah..if you want someone to hate don't hate me…hate you're mother. If she didn't sleep with all those men you might of had a chance to be where I am today." Ji Hoon smirked. 

 

My jaw tightened. This ing bastard.

 

"Joon let's go" Ha Na pulled of my suit. I ignored her. 

 

"You know Joon.." Ji Hoon walked towards me again. he didn't get as close as he did earlier. He smiled before he said anything. "You and father seem a like even though there is no blood relation. You chose to love a women that sleeps around with everyone…don't you think that's just like father?" 

 

"Maybe you could be his son, but you can never be too sure with a women like that." 

 

"Stop…!" Ha Na said. Ji Hoon smirked.

 

My blood was boiling at this point. I could kill him if I let myself. One more thing that came out of his mouth could be the last thing he ever said in his worthless life.

 

I was so angry I didn't notice there was someone filming this with his phone. 

 

"Does it hurt to hear the truth Miss Ha Na?" 

 

I grabbed Ji Hoon's shirt. "Ah ah..I wouldn't do that if I were you." 

 

"Joon stop...let's go, uh?" Ha Na struggled to free my hand from Ji Hoon's shirt. 

"Listen to your girl Joonie..." 

 

I wanted to rip him apart. My body was aching to kill him. 

"Calm down Joon, you'll regret this!" Ha Na cried. My jaw tightened. 

 

"Joon!" she begged me to stop. I couldn't stop now. I wasn't. 

This was the moment I was waiting for my whole life.

I took Ha Na's hand and pushed her away from me. She fell to the floor and I dragged Ji Hoon outside.

 

When I opened the door, I threw him on the ground. "Don't do this…this will be very bad for your image." he taunted. He was still thinking he was better than me...he didn't think I was serious..

Underestimating me will cost you your life.

"I don't care about my image. Killing you will be worth it."