SIX

Until I Met You

LEE JOON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww1kP7Po_bI

This song was one of the first songs I ever composed. I called it "No One Knows What Love is." 

It was my favorite. To me, this song meant alot to me. I played it with everything I had. My hair was wet from the sweat coming down from my forehead. 

I closed my eyes as I played the sweet dark melody. Truth was, this song reminded me of my mother. After her death, my heart became cold and I belived no one loved me. It was the truth. My father always favored Ji Hoon. That never changed. My mother loved me and treated me like a son, wishing my success as a pianist. Unlike my father who only looked at us like some kind of way to expand his music business.

When I was sad or mad at whatever reason, she would always calm me down by playing her favorite song. 'Porcelain' she called it. Sometimes I would play it because it reminded me of her...

It was no where near as how she played it. My version was dark and sharp. That was my style of playing...

When I heard that girl playing 'Porcelain' that day it reminded me of the way my mother played. It was strange...

At that moment I belived I was just hearing things. Maybe my mother not dying was just a bad dream. Maybe she really was here for me. When I saw that it wasn't her I couldn't but feel mad and upset. I took my anger out on her. Part of me wanted to see her again so she could play that piece for me but my pride took over me. 

"I haven't heard that song before. Did you compose it?" I snapped back to reality. Ji Hoon was standing right next to me. How did I not notice him?

I cleared my throat and stood up. "What where you thinking about that's got you so distracted?" he raised his eyebrow, amused.

"Nothing. Why are you here?" 

"Well I have some really great news but I want Father to be here when I tell you." he smiled and asked for one of the maids to call him.

When the maid brought father to the living room, Ji Hoon finally spoke of these 'great news.' I sat down on one of the sofas and crossed my legs. My chin was resting on my hand. 

"I was invited to play this weekend in the Seoul International Concerto!!" My father hugged him first. I didn't move. I stayed where I was. 

"That's indeed great news Ji Hoon-ah! I am proud of you!" Father hugged him again. His smile never leaving his lips. Ji Hoon turned to me and said, "Joon. I want you to play with me that day." My eyes widened. What was he...??

"Ji Hoon are you crazy? This is a great opportunity for you. If Joon plays with you your chances will not be as great!" 

My jaw tightened. 

"Father...Joon is a great pianist. If we both play our..." he was cut off. "Ji Hoon." he placed both his hand on Ji Hoon's shoulders. 

"Do this for your father. Please.." 

Ji Hoon looked uneasy but nodded. 

"Good." he laughed and patted Ji Hoon's shoulder. He left back to his office. 

"Joon...I-I'm sorry...I truel-" Ji Hoon tried to apologize to me. I stood up and before I walked away I said to him, "Save it. I wasn't going to preform with you even if father agreed." 

 

                                                                                                          ****************

Was his plan to humiliate me from the start? I couldn't stand this anymore. I layed on my bed thinking about everything. He gave me false hope. Playing in the Seoul International Concerto was a good place to get noticed. He gave me hope, and in a second took it away.

I couldn't stand it anymore...I clucthed the bed sheets from underneath me and cursed. 

The piano was my life. Without it all my happy memories would be gone. Not that I had many...

To quit it would be like ending my life. It was weird but I would always find comfort in it. But for some reason now it wasn't about finding comfort. It was about beating Ji Hoon. Nothing else mattered to me. I was going to make father regret saying those hurtful things. I was going to make him beg me to be his successor. That thought alone gave me strength to become the best. 

______________________________________

So next chapter will be about the concert! I am going to start it right now because I have nothing else to do haha I hope I finish today so I can post it today for you guys ^^ Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS<3 Your comments are seriously the reason why I have been updating everyday(: I really appreciate you guys & thank you for subscribing! :)