FOURTY SIX

Until I Met You

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where to?” my driver asked. I gave him Joon's address. I didn't want to meet him anywhere or even suggest he come to my house. I didn't want Min Woo to freak out again.

 

Jung Rian to Kim Changsun: 8:30pm

I am on my way to your house. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

Kim Changsun to Jung Rian: 8:33pm

I'll be outside, waiting. 
 

Just as we neared Joon's house, I saw him outside smoking a cigarette.

When my driver parked he came around and opened the door. As I got out, Joon noticed I was here. 

"You may leave. Don't tell Min Woo where I am." he nodded and took off. 

 

"Joon..." I looked over at him. He looked absoultley terrible. He looked thin and unkept. 

With the cigarette still in his mouth he came towards me.

 





 

KIM CHANGSUN

Ha Na looked different. 

Her face looked smaller...thinner. Her jaw and cheekbone where so diffined, she had lost weight. Her eyes were somber…yet, they looked bright when they made contact with mine.

She quickly embraced me. That...I wasn’t expecting that. I felt my body tense up.

I slowly hugged her back. As my hands made contact with her back I gasped. I could feel her bones. Her spine. 

“What’s wrong?” she asked as she pulled away. 

“You are so thin” I bluntly said as I pulled the cigarette from my mouth and to the ground. I stepped on it to put it out.

“I know that. You don't look too good yourself"

"It doesn't matter what I look like. These past few days have been hell..." I croutched down and closed my eyes. "I don't even know where to begin..."

“I don't know how much you know about all of this but what I can tell you is Roy Zhou is behind all of this.”

My eyes widened. “Roy Zhou? Why would he?” I raised a brow, curious.

She took a deep breath. "Roy Zhou is my brother." she said. Roy Zhou....was her brother? Was I even hearing correctly? I couldn't help but laugh. Ha Na looked concerned.

"What?" I said. 

"I just recently learned of this. He is trying to meddle in things that don't concern him." 

I stood up. 

"He knows everything. You...Ji Hoon. He couldn't accept the fact that Leo was in your care.” 

Enough. This was too much. So Roy was the one pulling all the strings. Ji Hoon was just a pawn in his game. 

“Leo is my son.” 

Ha Na looked up, surprised. 

“I know what you must think. But I told you that no matter what Leo is and will always be my son...no matter what.” 

Her eyes widened. She looked shocked that I had just admitted that. Truely, I was shocked myself. 6 years ago, I would of never pictured myself admitting this even to a mirror. 

“First thing, I need to investigate what he has done so far.” 

I wasn't going to let Roy off. He had made the first move. I was going to finish it.

“What does Ji Hoon think of all of this?” Ha Na asked. 

That’s right. She doesn’t know anything.

“What Ji Hoon thinks is none of my concern” I lied. I didn’t want to tell her, just yet. That meant going into a place emotionally I was not ready to go into.

“Why hasn’t he come foward during all of this? I can’t even get a hold of him” she said. “We are in this mess because of him” 

“He doesn’t matter. You said so yourself...this is all Roy’s doing” I tried to deter her from Ji Hoon, but as usual, she was not easily convinced.

“But he does Joon. Roy threatened me...he said that if I don’t take Leo he is going to hand him over to Ji Hoon.”

“So why do you hesitate?” 

“I can’t.” she said. 

She couldn’t? Why?

“Are you saying you rather give Leo to Ji Hoon?” 

“I don’t want that either.” 

I raised a brow. “So what is it that you want?” This was so unlike her. 

“I just want--I want Leo to be--” her phone rang. I took her hand in mine and looked at her straight in the eyes. 

The phone kept ringing. I looked down and the caller id said 'Min Woo Oppa'. That bastard again. 

I ignore it and asked, "You want Leo to what?" 

"Leo should be with you." she said. Her words shocked me to my grave. Did she really just say that??

"Roy didn't consider me or anyone but himself. He didn't consider how Leo might feel about all of this. Truth is, Leo is not a baby you can just trick anymore. He views you and your family as his own family. He doesn't know me..." 

"That's true" 

"That's why I do not condone Roy's behaviour. I want Leo back...but not like this." she shook her head.

Ha Na was in incredibly strong. I was in awe at her resolve. 

"We are going to get him back Ha Na." I grabbed her shoulder and smiled. She nodded.