FOURTY SEVEN

Until I Met You

 

"Any news from the lawyer?" Yoon Jae popped into Changsun's office, curious about any new development. Sadly they hadn't heard anything. 

"No. This is getting more and more tricky." Changsun ran his hands through his hair. It had been 2 days since Leo was taken from him. He was at the company when it all happened. He didn't even get to say goodbye to him.

"Son, why don't you take a DNA test? We need to make sure Roy and Ji Hoon didn't fabricate anything" Yoon Jae pour himself a drink while in his office. 

"Why should I? What difference will it do?" Changsun was stubborn and prideful. 

"I understand why you don't want to son but--" 

"It's like telling Ha Na I don't believe her." he sighed. 

"If that will be the way you get him back...you won't even consider it?" 

Changsun knew his father was right. Just then Ren came into the office. 

"Ren? What are you doing here?" Yoon Jae was surprised to see his younger son at Glory. "Is everything okay?" 

"Everything's fine dad. I'm here because a certain young lady told me to come check on Joon." he smiled. Changsun's eyes diverted to the floor. "She wanted me to drop this off too." It was a lunch box.

"Do you mean Rin?" Yoon Jae raised a brow. He nodded and sat on Changsun's couch. Changsun had barely spend any time at home since Leo had been gone. 

"She's worried since she hasn't seen you at home." he leaned back and closed his eyes. "If it wasn't for her I would of never set foot here." 

"Is she doing okay?" Changsun asked Ren. Ren opened one eye to peak over at Changsun. He looked sad. 

"If you are curious, why don't you go see her? I get that your having a hard time but so is she. Her whole world is Leo. How do you think she is feeling?" 

"Ren..." Yoon Jae said.

"You're right. If anyone is being selfish it's me." Changsun said. "I've been so selfish when it comes to her I'm scared to see her..." he admitted. 

"It's time you do something about it. The only person she is truely herself with is you. She won't tell me anything but I know she's hurting. Just before I came here she was crying in her room." 

Changsun's jaw tightened. 

 

___________________________

 

"Rin." Changsun knocked on Rin's door. She wasn't answering. 

"Rin?" he knocked again. He inched closer to hear if she was in her room. It was completly quiet. Changsun twisted the door knob and opened the door. If not in her room, where could she be? he thought. 

Ren's words kept ringing in his head. "It's time you do something about it. The only person she is truely herself with is you. She won't tell me anything but I know she's hurting. Just before I came here she was crying in her room."

He didn't mean to avoid her, it just happened. There was alot going on.

He looked around Rin's room and there was no sign of her. The door to the bathroom was closed. The water was on. She was taking a shower. 

Changsun sat on her bed and waited for her to be done. He looked around and noticed everything was neat. Unlike him, she was still a functioning person. His room was in disaray. 

"Oh Changsun!" Rin came out of the bathroom with a bathtowel around her and on her head. She looked as red as a cherry. 

"Sorry for barging like this but...I was worried about you" he said with no shame whatsoever. He didn't look embaressed for being around her. 

"You were?" she whispered. Changsun looked at her and was surprised to see tears in her eyes. She wiped them away. 

"I thought I didn't matter to you anymore...thank godness." she smiled through her tears. 

"I've just had alot of things on my mind...I didn't realize you might be having a hard time aswell. I'm sorry" he said. Rin gasped. 

"N..No! I don't want to to worry about me! You have plenty of things going on!" she blushed. 

"You do matter, you are important to me Rin." he said. "Thank you for always being there for me when I need you the most." 

Rin's eyes lit up like the sky.

 

When she went to put some clothes on and returned, Changsun was still in her room. He looked so worn down.  So out of it. His eyes where fixed on nothing in particular. A dead stare.

He didn't even notice she was back. He didn't even realize she was standing right in front of him. Rin knew there was something wrong with him. 

"Changsun?" she called out to him. He jumped when he realized she was calling him. 

"Sorry" he said. He closed his eyes slowley like if he was falling asleep. 

Rin fixed her bed for him. She was going to sleep somewhere else tonight. 

"Here, lay down" she motioned him to lay down on the bed. He was fully clothed. 

"I'm not sleepy Rin" he said. She smiled. "It's okay Changsun...you need to rest, okay?" 

He nodded and layed down, never closing his eyes. 

Rin quickly went out to call for Keiko or anyone that was close by. She knew there was something not right about how Changsun was behaving. 

The first person she saw was Ren. She ran to him. 

"Rin! Is everthing okay?!" he freaked out when he saw her. She looked terrified. 

"Ren...it's Changsun. He doesn't look good..." 

Yoon Jae over heard and came rushing in to where Rin and Ren where. "What's going on?" 

"Changsun looks like he is..." Rin cried. "He doesn't look well" 

Yoon Jae panicked. "Ren call 911." Ren nodded and Yoon Jae started making his way towards Rin's room. 

When they entered the room Changsun was passed out. He was nonresponsive.