SIXTY SEVEN

Until I Met You

RIN: 

 

 

There was a certain part of him that I felt like we both had in common. Changsun was beautiful…inside and out. Even if he didn't know it himself. He thought the worst of himself, yet to me he was unlike anyone I had ever met. He had a good heart like his father. 

 

Everyday, he came into Leo's room and even though he didn't touch him I knew he wanted to love him. I didn't know what was keeping him for doing so but his eyes would show love….and affection every time. His hard and cold eyes, would soften at the sight of him. 

 

"Changsun…would you like to hold him?" I asked him as I cradled Leo in my arms. He was asleep. 

 

Changsun's body stiffened. "I…don't think I can.." he said sincerely. 

 

"You won't wake him up. He is quite a heavy sleeper" I giggled. 

 

"What if I hurt him?"

 

"A father wouldn't hurt his son. Go on" I handed him to Changsun. He hesitated but finally agreed. It had been 2 months and not once had he held his own son. 

 

He took his son and held him gently. He was so afraid of hurting him. The sight was so heartwarming. Leo yawned and cuddled his head on Changsun's chest.

 

Instantly, Changsun began to tear up. I looked up at him and he bit his lip so hard. He was trying to hold in his tears but he couldn't. 

 

He began to shake his head. 

"Rin….I…" he cried. "I don't deserve this…" 

 

"What do you mean? Changsun are you alright??" 

 

"You said a father wouldn't hurt is own son….but your wrong…so wrong.." he handed the baby to me and fell to the floor on his knees. "Changsun!" I said. I was so surprised he suddenly was acting like this.

 

He cried.

 

I placed Leo back in his crib and went to Changsun and tried to pick him up from the ground. Instead he pulled me to him and hugged me. 

"Rin…you want to know what I am? I am a monster" he whisperd. 

 

I cried. Why was he being like this? After all this time he was living here he seemed to be doing so good. Was he still being tormented by his past some how?

 

 

 

"I…tried to kill Leo…I hated him so much before….I hated his mother….I hated…Ji Hoon…I hated him so much.." he was shaking. I pulled away and looked at him in horror. 

My heart was beating so fast. This couldn't be true….

He really didn't try to kill him...did he?

Changsun couldn't be a murderer....right?!

 

I was so shocked, and scared I just wanted to run…away from him…

This couldn't be him. 

 

 

When I tried to stand he grabbed me and pulled me in his embrace. "Rin…this is me. I don't want to be that person anymore…

I want to forget…I want to be able to hold my son…I want to love him. But I can't…

I can't let go of these memories….they are driving me mad! Rin..please…help me…" 

 

I couldn't stop crying. I thought I wanted to know about Changsun. He was right, I couldn't handle it. Right now, my heart was racing…I was scared. Never did I think he was going through all this. 

How did he handle this? By himself…

 

"How?" 

 

"Don't ever leave my side…" 

 

My eyes widened.

 

 

 

JOON: 

 

 

 

When I saw her, I saw Ha Na. Those two where so alike…

If there was anyone that gave me warmth, it was Rin. As much as it pained me to admit, I was getting close to Rin because she reminded me so much of Ha Na. 

 

Was I betraying Ha Na? 

 

Did I even have a right to her?

 

 

Ha Na was taken from the hospital. Her state in which she had left was unknown. Was she alive? Was she dead?

 

Did I even have a right to know? 

 

 

I was the one that put her in there. The one responsible for everything was me. 

 

"Changsun! Changsun!" Rin brought me back. She was shaking me to get my attention to her. I was probably looking out of it. 

 

 

"Rin…I need to lie down for a bit" I grabbed my head. It was throbbing. 

 

"Ah, yes" she helped me on the bed. 

 

I closed my eyes and focused on calming down. Rin gently my head. It felt so good. 

For a moment I forgot it was her and it felt like Ha Na was right beside me my hair. 

 

How I missed her…

Still laying down with my eyes closed I brought my hand to her's and held on to it. 

 

"Changsun?" 

 

"Rin…stay here with me tonight. Don't go. I beg of you" 

 

She gasped. I opened my eyes and saw her biting her lip. She was also blushing. 

 

"W-will that be alright with y-you…Ch-Changsun?" she stuttered. 

 

 

"I'm scared to be alone…" I was being sincere. Ever since I arrived at my father's house, there had not been one night that I didn't wake up countless times. I would wake up sweating and screaming. 

 

Rin nodded and stayed with me. At first, it was weird. But I closed my eyes and imagined it was Ha Na laying beside me. Her warm body next to me was enough to feel warmth throughout my body. 

 

Rin…please allow me to use you…

Forgive me if I give you false hope…

I am sorry. 

 

 

Forgive me, Rin...