SIXTEEN

Until I Met You

 

 

 

JUNG RIAN

 

With the Boosung Ball aproaching, I was at the company every day practicing. Not that I needed to do so, but I wanted to spend as much time with Lee Ji Hoon as I could. I had a plan up my sleeve and I knew I could do it if I became close with him. 

As I played, I saw Ji Hoon enter to see how everything was coming along and noticed I was practing again. He walked towards me and watched. Does it surprise you Lee Ji Hoon? That I am such a great pianist? I smirked. 

He did something I wasn't expecting. He sat on the bench next to me. 

 

_______

"What is on your mind President Lee?" she continued to play.

"You…remind me of someone I use to know." he said. 

"Do I? I refuse to believe there is anyone like me out there.." She said. She was cocky.

Ji Hoon smiled. "You only resemble her from appearance…she was completely different from you." he looked hurt. Whenever Ji Hoon spoke of Ha Na, he couldn't help but feel guilty. It made him sad. 

"Was?" Rian asked. 

"To be honest, I am not sure what happened to her. She just…disappeared." 

Rian was surprised he was admitting this to her. It was so obvious he had been holding on to everything that when he had an opportunity to let everything out, he did. 

"Was this person, someone you loved?" she felt disgusting even suggesting such a thing. The man that had hurt her was right beside her. How she wanted to stab a knife through his heart but she kept her emotions under control.

"Love?" he smiled painfully. "I would of done anything for her…I would of even killed my own brother if it meant I would still have her by my side today." 


Rian's eyes widened. What. did. he. just. say?

 

JUNG RIAN 

 

 

"What the hell did Ji Hoon mean by that?!"

 

"My Lady, are you alright?" Byunghee asked me as soon as we had left Boosung.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to him. Byunghee was driving me back home.

There was something that I was missing. There was something that didn't make sense. 

"Ji Hoon said he would of killed Joon?" I asked Byunghee. "Why would Ji Hoon say something like that?"

Byunghee looked hesitant. 

 

"What?" I asked. He was getting nervous. He was hiding something from me. I wanted to know what it was, now.

"I should of told you this a long time ago. It is about Ji Hoon," he said. I was quiet and waited for him to keep talking. "Before Lee Joon planned to kill you and your son, Ji Hoon and you...were engaged to be married." 

My heart stopped. WHAT?

I shook my head. He was lying. How could I not remember a thing like that?

 

"Miss Jung...please forgive me. It was hard for me to tell you back then...I am sorry.." Byunghee was ashamed. "You were so determind..."

"Is...that why you asked me that strange question the other day?" I said blanky. 

Byunghee nodded. Ofcourse, the last thing I remembered about Ji Hoon was that he me...never in my wildest dreams did I think I was engaged with my . Did that really happen?

It all made sense. Why Ji Hoon would of wanted to kill Joon. If I was engaged to him...

"Byunghee..tell me it's a lie. Please...how could I have been..?" I was in shock that I couldn't even cry. I wanted to so badly. But the shock was too overpowering...

"I only met you when you where in a coma after the accident. I don't know in full detail what happened...but my guess is that when Lee Joon found out you were going to get married, he got angry and planned to lock you in the warehouse and light it up with fire."

Suddenly my head began to hurt. The sharp pain came out of nowhere. I was trying so hard to rememeber. 

 

I must of passed out. 

 

 

A few hours later I came to. I was in my bed. 

"You're okay My Lady." Byunghee came in to the room with a glass of water. "Thank you Byunghee." I drank it and tried to remember the last thing that happened before I passed out. 

"Ah, My lady. I got a call from Kim Changsun. He wanted to meet with you to talk about what song he was going to play at the ball." 

When I heard his name I almost passed out again. 

"He can choose whatever he wants."

"My lady...may I ask something that I am confused about?" 

"You may" 

"What is your reason for him to play at the event?" 

"I want him to be humiliated. Just like before. He was always his brother's shadow. He always wanted people to see him for him. Ji Hoon was always put on a pedestal and he was the inferior one. I want him to remember what that felt like." 

Byunghee nodded. 

 

 

 

____________________

"I want you to have an office here. What do you think?" Ji Hoon showed me around my office. 

"I like it, thank you President Lee. You are too kind to me." I said. Being around him after what Byuhghee had told me made me feel very awkward around him. Maybe I was engaged to him but it changed nothing. I still loathed this man. 

 

A few hours later, I heard a knock on my door and told them to come in. 

It was no other than Lee Joon. 

What was he doing here? 

"Byunghee, can you leave Mr. Kim and I alone please?" I asked him. He nodded and left. It was only Joon and I in my office. 

"I didn't receive a response back so I came to see you personally."

"There was no need for you to come all the way here. The song you decide on is up to you." I said. 

Joon smirked and sat on the chair across from me. "I was thinking about this one" he handed me a USB. I took it and connected it to my computer. It began to play.

"That was an interesting song selection. Is there some kind of history? It is a very old song." I raised a brow.

He looked at me suspiciously. "It was my mother's favorite song."

"Ah. I see." I smiled. "You have good taste Mr. Kim." He didn't say anything else. 

"Would you like something to drink?" I stood from my chair and walked to where I had my whiskey stored. 

"I didn't know you drank Miss Jung." He followed me. 

"I am no alcholic but I do enjoy it from time to time." I poured myself a glass and he came up behind me and as soon as I felt his familiar chest touch my back I gasped softly. It had been so long since I had felt his body againist mine. It caught me off guard.

He didn't move, instead he extened his arms and poured another glass. 

I wanted to melt with him. His scent...so manly...it was the same one I rememberd. I still recalled how great it felt to be embraced by him. How I wanted to turn around and kiss him. I had the urge to. It was almost like a natural response to me... 

I closed my eyes and took in his scent.

I miss you Joon...

These feelings...I am not supposed to allow myself to even think of them...but can't stop myself

Why do you do this to me Joon? 

Why do I still love you?

Why is it so hard to hate you? 

"Mr. Kim...don't you think you are crossing the line?" I asked. 

"Hmm?" he purred into my ear. It took every bit of will power to break our position. "What would Rin think?" I said playfully. That's right, you have a girlfriend now...

I am jealous. 

 

"I am not doing anything wrong" he smirked. 

"I think she would beg to differ.." I smiled and took a sip from my whisky. "I don't need any more people hating me." 

 

"Hate? What is the problem with that? Don't you feel a sense of power and more pride when people hate you? The envy...I love it" he smiled widely. 

So y. That smile...evil and devious...

 

"I didn't know you had this side of you Mr. Kim.." I lied. I knew this side of him very well. Even though he seemed like he was fine, he wasn't. He was so broken. How could you even smile Joon? 

"Call me Changsun when we are alone.." he came closer. My heart was pounding.

 

How do you still have this power over me?

 

I laughed. Outside I was a seductive women that was playing along with his game, but inside I was nervous and unsure of what exactly it was that I was doing.

He grabbed my waist and brought me even closer. "What's so funny?" 

 I was really scared that it would show on my face. How nervous I was...

When I didn't say anything, he kissed my lips. It was long and sweet. Just like I remember it to be. I couldn't push him away.

When he backed up he looked into my eyes and said, "Those eyes...just like hers.." 

I snapped out of it and finally moved away from him. ...I ruined everything!

 How did I let myself get influenced by him? It couldn't be that I still had feelings for him, right? 

 

KIM CHANGSUN:

 

This women was not Jung Rian. I knew she was Choi Ha Na. She could fool everyone, but not me. I knew her too well. 

The way she did everything...it couldn't be anyone else. 

As I kissed her, everything about the kiss, the smell, the taste..the feel...it was all Ha Na. I could kiss all the women on earth and none would feel like her. But this one...she was my precious Ha Na. 

I wished that moment never ended. It had been far too long since the last time I embrased her and kissed her. 

When we pulled away the way she looked at me...that was the proof I needed. Ha Na had this innocent face. Those eyes, were sweet and they looked back at me with love. But there was something different about them. 

"Those eyes...just like hers.." I said. She snapped out of the trance she was in and pushed me away from her. 

 She looked very uncomfortable. She didn't want to blow her identity. For now, I decided I was going to let her be. I too was curious as to what she was up to. Why she had come back and changed her apearance and name...

I left. I closed the door behind me but I didn't leave. 

I finally found you...I will not loose you again. 

Even if I means I have to keep quite for a little while longer...

 

 

 

 

Later that night...

"Changsun-ah" my father greeted me when I arrived home. "Seems like I don't see you that often anymore.." he laughed and gave me a hug. He was traveling back and forth to Korea and Japan.

"I've been busy father. Not looking foward to the days ahead at all." I took of my suit and looosend my tie.

"Why?" he sat with me in the living room.

"Well it's the famous Boosung Ball party." I said. My father didn't understand how this could be something bad to me. 

"Why are you not looking foward to it?" 

"I have a bad feeling about it. But I could be wrong...I don't know..maybe I am just nervous." I said. 

"Looks like to me that something else is bothering you..." he noticed. ...

I was quiet. I didn't know if I should tell him what I suspected...

"I think I know where Leo's mother is.." I said. He was surprised. "Bwoh? Where?!" 

"She is Boosung's new pianist, Jung Ri An." 

"Again with that Changsun? It's impossible!" he didn't belive me. I knew he wasn't. I needed more proof. For now I didn;t say anything else. 

"Until you are absoultly sure, you can not mention anything to anyone...Arraseo?" father was so cautious. I nodded. "I am not planning to." 

"I know you miss her and Jung Rian looks alot like her, I am not going to lie...but you have to accept that maybe it;s just a coincidence." 

"That is what you think. I respect you opinion. But I also have mine." I stood up and continued. "You should know me well enough now...I am not going to let this go. This could be my son's mother. Nothing is going to stop me." 

 

 

"Ah, Changsun you are back"  Rin came into the living room with Leo in her arms. 

Something triggered in me. When I looked at her embracing Leo I felt...angry. 

Ha Na should be the one to be in her place. 

I walked over to her and took Leo from her. I didn't say a word to her. 

"Papa!" Leo squeezed my neck. "yahh...you are getting stronger" I laughed. 

He giggled. I sat on the couch and tickled him. He was laughing uncontrolably. When he laughed or smiled, he reminded me so much of Ha Na. He resembled her so much. 

It warmed my heart. 

"Are you hungry?" I stopped tickling him and he nodded.

"Aigoo~ you eat so much! Just like your om-" I stopped. 

Yoon Jae and Rin looked at me. I shook my head and corrected myself. "Just like me.." 

"Appa...why are you sad?" Leo noticed my mood change. He took his hands and placed them on my cheeks. "I am okay Leo-yah...let's go eat. Appa is hungry!" I threw him up in the air and caught him. He laughed and I carried him all the way to the kitchen playing airplaine on the way. 

 

I watched Leo as he ate and I rememberd the time that Ha Na had made breakfast for me one morning. She was a horrible cook but she woke up early to make me something to eat before I woke up. She filled with so much food it replused me and I lost my appetite. I laughed lightly just remembering how silly she was. 

"Appaaw?" I looked up and Leo had filled his mouth with food. Just like Ha Na. 

These two were twins for sure. 

I laughed harder. "Aissh...do you even know how to eat properly?" he wiped his mouth clean. 

"Appa..where is my mommy?" Leo asked. My eyes widened. Why was he asking me this?

"What?" I was not expecting to hear that.

"Kids at school all have mommies..do I have a mommy?" 

 

My heart tightened. Hearing those words come out of his mouth broke my heart. 

"Ofcourse you do.." this was a hard topic. I wasn't expecting to talk to him about this until he was much older.

"Who is my mommy?" 

 

Gosh...

"Leo-yah...you're mommy is...not here. She is visiting your halmeoni..she will come soon. She misses you alot." I lied. It was hard to lie to my own son. 

"halmeoni? I never met my halmeoni..." he looked sad, "they don't love me...because they are not here..." 

"Leo..that is not true. I just talked to your mommy today." I smiled. 

Leo's face brightened up. "Jinjja???" 


"Yes. She said she was going to come see you very soon. She misses you alot" 

He was so excited. "So I do have a mommy?" his happiness was sadness to me. It was true that Ha Na missed Leo...but she didn't even know he was alive.

"I can tell my friends at school that I do have one!" 

 

I nodded. 

Ha Na...our precious boy. How much he has grown. 

It was just a matter of time until he missed you or asked about you... 

I don't know what to do...

 

 

Changsun layed on his bed. It was already 2am and he couldn't fall asleep. There was too many things going on in his mind. He kept thinking about what had happened just a few hours earlier. 

"I can't believe I kissed her.." he whispered. What was more surprising was that she had kissed him back. 

He grunted and rolled over to his side. It was clear that he still loved Ha Na but he also cared for Rin. Maybe it was different. Maybe what he felt for Rin was that of a protector...

"Joon you are such a scumbag" he ran his hand through his hair. 

He took his phone out and texted Rin. She was probably asleep...he thought. She would see the text in the morning was his reasoning. 

 

Changsun to Rin- 2:34am

Rin...are you awake?

 

Rin to Changsun- 2:35am

Changsun are you awake? At this hour? 

 

He smiled. "That girl..."

 

Changsun to Rin- 2:35am

I am. I can't fall asleep. 

 

Rin to Changsun- 2:36am

Wae-yo? Do you need me to make you a tea?

 

Changsun to Rin- 2:37am

Sure. 

 

He put his phone on the nightstand and went to put on some clothes. He put on a black hoodie and sweats. He had taken his contacts off earlier and didn't want to trouble himself with putting them on again so he decided on just his glasses. Just when he was done getting ready he heard Rin knock on his door. He opened it and saw her holding a cup of tea. 

"Just one? Where is yours?" Changsun asked. Rin looked confused. 

"You aren't going to drink it with me?" Changsun sighed and walked back into the room. 

"I can go make one! I had no idea you wanted me to stay!" she put the cup on the table by his bed and rushed to 'make herself a tea'. Changsun smiled and grabbed her hand stopping her from leaving. He pulled her to him. She landed on his chest. She was shocked but didn't make any effort to push him away or move. 

"Rin..." Changsun whisperd. He wasn't exactly sure what he was doing but he too was confused. He was stuck between Ha Na and Rin. Rin made him feel safe and comfortable, while he was sure he didn't have any romantic feelings for her....but judging by his actions, they said otherwise. He wanted to have her close. 

"Changsun...are you ok?" Rin asked with his soft voice. 

"I don't know.." he said and sat on the bed, leaving Rin standing in front of him. He touched her hands and held them but didn't look at her. 

"You...don't know?" she asked. 

"I initially thought I knew what I wanted. That was coming to Korea and finally beating my brother, taking Boosung and....avenging Ha Na." 

Rin didn't say anything and just heard him out. She didn't move. 

"But...ever since she showed up..." he held on to her arms and linclined his head. "Everything is all over the place..I am alll over the place..." 

Rin tried to hold her tears. Changsun was not the type to show people his true emotions. He hid them and when they came out, it was heartbreaking. 

"How can I carry out my plan if she has crossed it? She is in the middle of everything..." he cried. "Do I even need to avenge her? She isn't dead..." 

Rin felt Changsun's fingers digging into her arms. He didn't notice he was hurting her. She didn't do anything even though it hurt her alot. Changsun's pain was far more painful. 

"It hurts as if she was..." his lips where trembling. Rin fell to her knees and hugged him. She hugged him tightly.

Rin cried with Changsun.

"I will be here with you." Rin whispered. 

"I don't want to hurt you Rin...because I am not sure about my feelings towards you...I also.." he continued, "don't want you to go away...I need you..." he admitted. Rin smiled. Those were the words she longed to hear. 

"It does not matter...I will be more than willing to comply with anything you want. That's what I am here for Changsun. I would do anything for you"