FIFTY THREE

Until I Met You

Lee Joon POV: 

 

Back home, still dumbfounded...I couldn’t do anything that would take my mind off Ji Hoon’s news. 

“Hey Joonie...how are you?” Keiko came into my room with tea. I was laying in bed, staring at the celing.

I sat up and motioned for her to sit by me. She did. She handed me the tea.

“Did you hear?” 

Keiko nodded. “Yeah..I heard from father. That...is something I was not expecting to hear.” 

I nodded.  “He is blind because of an incident that happened 6 years ago.” 

“That was around the time father found you…” 

I took my phone out and searched for the article. Surprisingly, the internet still had it posted. I gave my phone to Keiko. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me” she scoffed in disbelif.

“He set me up that day. He wanted me to beat him up badly. He had people take that video of it. Long story short, he ended up in the hospital and I am guessing that it was then that he started to have trouble with his vision.” 

Keiko sipped on her tea and asked, “How do you feel about it?”

I didn’t respond to her. I couldn’t. 

To be honest, I didn’t know how I felt about it. Keiko sighed. She caressed my hair. I let her. 

“You know, as weird as it is….Ji Hoon is my brother too.”

I hadn’t really thought of it like that. 

“It’s okay to feel sorry for him Joon. He is our brother after all.” 

“I spent all this time hating him and for what? For him to end up like this? How am I supposed to stand up to him now?” 

“Joon…” 

“He can’t even see me…”

Keiko hugged me.

"What's worst is that he didn't intend to take Leo for his own greed but..." I broke down. I couldn't handle it anymore. "He wanted to return him back to his mother."