FIFTY FOUR

Until I Met You

“I live here, .” Min Woo was not very nice.

“Oppa? Who is it?” both heard Ha Na’s voice approach. Min Woo was not ashamed for Joon to see them half . He wanted him to put 2 and 2 together. It was his intention for Joon to know that Min Woo had claimed Ha Na as his.

“Joon?” Ha Na’s eyes widened in shock as she saw Joon’s hurt look as he understood what was going on. Ha Na had on a robe and her lips where swollen. As soon as their eyes met, it was hurt all over again.

Part of Ha Na was glad that he had witnessed this. It took her back to when she went to go look for him at his house, only to find him with some girl. It was the exact same scenario. The feelings of hurt that she felt that day still pierced her heart. 

Joon’s hand came up to  grip Min Woo’s neck. 

“Joon!” Ha Na gasped. "Stop it!"

“What the hell–” he pinned him to the door frame. Min Woo couldn’t help but smirk. 

Ha Na tried to make some separation between them but failed. 

“Joon! Stop!” she kept trying to tug his arm off from Min Woo. 

“You’d really take advantage of her when she is at her lowest!? How dare you touch her with your filthy hands!?” he kept choking Min Woo. 

“What’s it to you? She doesn’t love you anymore!” Min Woo pushed him off. “Why do you care who she chooses to share a bed with!?” 

Ha Na was crying at this point. Why were they fighting like this? 

The two men she cared about…they hated each other. It was like watching Joon and Ji Hoon fight all over again. What about her made men act like this? She was sick of it. 

Joon felt rage as he heard those words. He never thought about the day Ha Na would sleep with anyone else other that him. A selfish thought noless. 

Min Woo laughed. “Did you think you still had a chance to live happily with her? After everything you’ve done to her!?” 

“Stop…” both heard Ha Na whisper. 

She grabbed her head with both hands. “Stop please!” she yelled. Ha Na felt her body shaking nervously and her breathing spiked. She felt like her entire world was collapsing. The last thing she remembered was hitting the cold hard cement. 






 

Min Woo ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. Why did he always ruin everything? Why did he even come over? 

“You don’t have to stick around. I will take care of her.” he said to Joon. They were both in Ha Na’s room, anxious for her to come to. She laid in her bed unconscious. 

“I will not leave her for you to take advantage of her again.” he said bitterly. 

Min Woo scoffed.

“What’s so damn funny?” 

“I am not the one that took advantage of her. I truly love her. I would never treat her the way you did” 

“You don’t know anything” 

“No? Well then she must hate you for no reason then” 

Joon didn’t say anything. 

“You being here is ridiculous…laughable even.”

“Mmm…”  Ha Na came to. Both ran to her aid as she woke up. 

“Ha Na?” Joon took her hand and caressed her face. Min Woo stood back. 

“W-Why are you here?” She said weakly as she saw Joon. 

“I’m here to make sure you are okay. Who knows what this has done to you”

She sat up. 

“Oppa…” she looked at Min Woo.

"Yes baby??" Min Woo placed his hand on her head gently. 

“Can I speak to Lee Joon, alone?” 

He hesitated but reluctantly agreed. 

 

He left, leaving Ha Na and Joon alone. Joon sat next to Ha Na on the bed. 

“How are you feeling?” 

“I…I feel–” 

“Don’t answer that. Stupid question…” he said. How else was she supposed to feel? Good? After everything that happened?

Ha Na looked at him. 

“Why did you come Joon?” 

“I…I wanted to make sure you hadn’t drank like you usually do when you have a hard day.” 

Ha Na laughed. “That is something that Jung Rian does as well.” 

“Did you? Is that why that son of a took advantage of you?” 

Ha Na shook her head. “It is true that I drank…but Min Woo didn’t take advantage of me” 

“You wanted it?” 

Ha Na blushed at the question. “I don’t believe that is any of your business.” 

“What is he to you?” 

“He is someone that means alot to me. He was the first person that helped me cope with my hurt. He helped me deal with the broken pieces you left of me Joon” 

“He is just a helper..” 

“No, he isn’t.” 

“He is nothing but another Mir” 

“He is something more than that!” 

“Your boyfriend?” 

“I am moving back to France…and I am going to marry him.” 

Joon’s eyes widened. “What?!” 

“My mind has been made up. I will not come back.” 

“Are you out of your god damn mind?!” 

“I am not.” 

“What about Leo!?! What about our son Ha Na?!” 

“You heard Roy. He is not going to budge. He is serious on his threat…there is no way we can win” 

“You came into my life after I thought I had lost you…to rattle my heart and take the person I care most in life and now…you’re just going to leave? Just like that?!” 

“What else will you have me do!? Huh!? It’s either that or have you rot in prison for the rest of your life!” 

“What does it matter to you when you are going to get married and live happily?” 

“I can’t have you go to prison Joon..” she whispered. 

“Why not?” 

“Because I still love you.” 

Joon’s eyes widened. 

“Because no matter how much I say I hate you or do things to hurt you I can never deliver the final blow. You are the man that I love and will always love.” she cried. Joon grabbed her shoulders and brought her to him, embracing her. 

“Then, you’re marrying him–” 

“I am doing it for your sake Joon. I care about Min Woo but I don’t love him as a man…you are the only in my heart. That hasn’t changed…it will never change.” 

 

 

After Joon left, Ha Na walked downstairs to look for Min Woo. He was in the kitchen leaned over the counter. He looked deep in thought- upset.

To his surprise, he felt Ha Na’s hands snake on him from behind. 

She rested herself on his back. 

“Oppa….?” 

He was shocked that Ha Na was hugging him. He thought she was still in the room with Joon. He turned around, and hugged her. Maybe he was wrong all along. Maybe Ha Na truly did care about him. 

“Did he leave?” 

Ha Na nodded. 

“Did you guys get to talk? Do you know why he came?” 

“He was worried about Leo. We had a really bad meeting with Roy earlier” Ha Na sighed still hugging Min Woo. 

“Is that why you were drinking?” 

She nodded and looked up at him. “Sorry I made you angry oppa...I didn’t mean to. I was just so upset.” 

“Tell me all about it.” 

Min Woo brewed coffee even though it was very late. Ha Na wanted to drink coffee so he decided to spoil his princess. They went out to the balcony and they drank their coffee while Ha Na told Min Woo all about what had happened at the hospital earlier. 

“That person is not playing around is he?” he said, surprised at everything he had just heard. 

Ha Na shook her head. “It’s hard to believe that he is related to me. He’s so intense.” 

Min Woo smiled. “I can see it” 

Ha Na scoffed. “You can? Well I think you are blind” she laughed. She stood up and sat on the lounge chair where Min Woo was sitting. He opened his legs and she sat in between. Min Woo hugged her. 

“What do you think is the best thing to do oppa?” Ha Na asked as she looked up at the sky. “Would Leo resent me if I left him with his more than capable smart uncle? Or would he have a better life with a mother he’s never met...a uncap--” 

Min Woo put his hand over . “Don’t start putting yourself down Ha Na-yah.” he removed his hand. 

“Okay...well what do you think about it?” 

“If you want my opinion...you aren’t allowed to get mad.” 

Ha Na’s eye brows furrowed. “What?” 

“I wouldn’t mind raising Leo with you.” 

Ha Na’s eyes widened. “I know you get angry when you think about someone else but Joon being a father figure but, in my perfect world...we would be in Paris, raising Leo as a married couple.” he continued, “We’d take him to school, eat dinner as a family, visit his auntie Yi Ryeong every hoilday...we’d read him a bedtime story before he goes to bed...sounds nice doesn’t it?” 

Ha Na was a crying mess. That’s what she wanted to do with Joon. But the more she thought about it, the less likely she would be able to do that. Roy would make sure that never happen. 

“Yes...it does sound nice. Min Woo...I never thought you wanted to be a father..” 

“The thought of me being a father never crossed my mind. But….I would do anything for you Ha Na-yah.” he kissed the back of her head. “I’ve never met Leo but I know that I would love and do anything for him. Anyway, that is my opinion. That is what I would do.”

“Thank you.”