TWENTY FIVE

Until I Met You

 

"I'm not going in to work today." I told my father the next day.

"Changsun-ah, this is not the time to be taking days off." Yoon Jae said. 

"Father, just today…can't you fill in for me?" 

"Son!" 

"I just want to forget about Boosung, Glory and that women and just focus on my son and Rin. Just for today…that's all I'm asking for. If I keep going without taking a break I'm going to loose it." I told him sincerely. 

He sighed reluctantly. "Okay but only because you aren't going to spend the entire day drinking. You are actually going to do something with your family." 

I rolled my eyes. 

He smiled. "Don't worry that poor girl, son." he put his hand on my shoulder. I raised my eyes to his. "She really cares about you and your son. She loves you both a lot. Treat her right, she could be the women that can tame you" he laughed.

I scoffed. "I'm not some wild beast." 

He kept laughing. I frowned. "Well, I am going to go get ready for work. It's been a while since I've had to go back." he smiled. "Thanks father." I said and left downstairs. 

 

I was playing with Leo downstairs when Yoon Jae walked down. Rin smiled widely when she saw him. He looked like a professional business man. I smirked. 

"Oh my! Yoon Jae-san! You look really good!!" Rin said brightly clutching her hands close to her chest.

"Thanks Rin. I am only doing this because this kid asked me to." he messed my hair up. Ugh, how it annoyed me.

She smiled widley.

His driver was up front. 

"Okay well, its time. I'm leaving now." 

"Leo, go say bye to grandpa." I told Leo. Leo ran up to his grandpa and gave him a big hug and kiss.

 

 

KIM CHANGSUN

 

"Where are we going Changsun?" Rin asked me while I was driving.

"I'm not sure yet. Where do you think is a good place to go?" 

"Appa, I'm hungry" Leo said from the back seat. 

"Okay, just be patient I'll get you something right now." I drove a little faster. 

 

"Changsun…are you feeling a little better than yesterday?"

Thats right. Last night was weird...I didn't even think about asking her how she was after all that.

I nodded. "I have a bit of a headache but I'll be alright. Im glad my father agreed to go to the company. I needed a break." 

"Yes, you have to rest. You've been stressed lately." 

"I just don't know what I'm going to do from here on. The fact that Jung Ri An is now involved comprimised everything. My objective is Ji Hoon and now I have to deal with her." I admitted. Maybe talking to her about it would make me feel a bit better. "I just don't understand how she became so powerful, not to mention all of her money. Ha Na was not rich at all. She use to live with that idiot Mir-"  Rin was still listening. I was no longer talking to her I was thinking out loud.

Wait, maybe I could talk to Mir? 

"Changsun?" Rin tried to get my attention. I ignored her and pulled out my phone. I dialed my secretary. 

"I need you to look someone up for me." 

Rin just looked at me, concerned.

"His name is Bang Cheol Yong. He also goes by Mir. Last time I met with him was here in Seoul 5 years ago. I need you to look for him and bring him to me." 

 

He hung up. 

"Who is Mir?" Rin asked. 

"He is someone I knew when I was a kid..." 

We continued to talk until we reached a restaurant. It was an Italian restaurant. Leo really liked italian food. 

 

Once we sat inside at out table Rin continued talking about Mir. Leo was wearing his headphones while watching Pororo. 

Changsun's heart felt warm when he saw his son be so adorable. 

"How does Mir-ssi know Choi Ha Na-ssi?" Rin asked.

I took a bite of my pasta. "Ha Na and Mir use to live together when her parents died." 

"So she doesn't have parents.." she sounded sad. Rin also didn't have parents or siblings. She could relate to Ha Na.

"They died when she was around 16 years old. Mir was a rich kid that didn't get along with his parents so he eventually moved out and became friends with Ha Na and they moved in together." 

"She sounds like she had a hard life. Jung Rian doesn't sound like Choi Ha Na at all." 

I laughed. "Ha Na was way different. She reminds me a lot of you. She was caring, loving…nothing like she is now. If she didn't have such a striking resemblance I would never think she was her." 

"How does someone change so much?" Rin was astounded. 

"By meeting a like me." 

Rin stopped eating and looked up at me. Her eyes where nothing but sadness. "You're so hard on yourself Changsun. You didn't make her like this..she had a choice." 

"If I got you pregnant and tried to kill your unborn child…wouldn't you change?" 

Rin stayed quiet for a while. 

"I wouldn't know what that's like." 

 

We both sat in silence. 

"No matter how you look at it, Ha Na changed because of what I did to her. Anyone would." 

 

 

My phone rang. I picked it up. It was my secretary. 

"That was fast." I said. 

He told me he found Mir living in Seoul. He had just moved back from England. 

"Make him come to Glory in about," I looked at my watch. "an hour." 

Rin gave me this look, it was quite upsetting. I understood why she would give me a look like that. I was going back to Glory when I had told myself this day was going to be to spend time with my son and her. 

 

"You're going to work?" Rin sounded upset. 

"Yes. This is important." 

"You would do anything to win her back, wouldn't you? You would take her in a heartbeat even if she she wouldn't do it for you." 

As soon as heard those words I stood up, angry. What the hell was up with her? This was so unlike her. I just want to speak with Mir…when did I give her the idea that I wanted her back?

"What else do I have to do for you to believe me when I say that I don't want her? I just need to figure out why she's back and lingering around Ji Hoon…stop being so damn selfish." 

Rin looked down.  

"I'm going to pay. Get Leo ready to leave.." I said. 

 

 

Once we arrived, we all got off and walked to the company. All the workers looked at Leo. They were resisting saying 'awww' 'how cute' because they knew how much of a hothead I was. Things like that made me feel uncomfortable.

"Mr. Kim. Welcome" the receptionist bowed. I slightly glanced at her and made my way to the elevator. 

"Is this where you work appa?" Leo looked up at me. He was holding both mine and Rin's hand. I smiled when he asked curiously about the company.

"Yes, I work very hard for you" 

"For me?" he questioned. I smiled. He was so adorable. His face looked exactly like Ha Na's when she would look at me, confused. 

"One day this will be all yours. You are the only rightful owner Leo, just you" I whispered the last sentence. 

His face lightened up. 

 

The elevator door flew opened and the first person I saw was Lee Ji Hoon.

____________________________

 

LEE JI HOON

 

 

 

What is this?!

That kid….

It couldn't be. What was Joon doing with a kid?

He was with that girl...Rin Kim. Could it be thier child..? 

 

"Joon…" 

"What are you doing here Ji Hoon?" 

"I came to see you, but your father said you were not in." 

"I'm a bit busy. Sorry you can make an appointment later." he shrugged. I grabbed his arm to stop him.

He glared at me. My eyes where glued to the child. 

"Ji Hoon," he smirked. "This is my son. I don't think I have had a chance to tell you about him." 

 

"He--He is your son?" 

"Yes. Son, introduce yourself to this man." 

He came forth and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Leo-himnida…" he mumbled. My eyes widened. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Joon you can't be serious..that--is that..??" 

"Indeed. Doesn't he resemble her?" 

 

What the hell was going on?! How could this happen? I thought he was dead! 

There was no way that was Ha Na's child. He had to be messing with me. But he really did resemble Ha Na. 

"Appa.." Leo looked nervous. He went over to the girl.  

 

"Leo-yah...why don't you go with Rin to see haraboji?" 

The girl nodded and took Leo away.

 

"You're sick, do you even realize how digusting you sound calling him your son? He isn't yours!" I told him in disgust.

He chuckled. 

"I'm sick? Please Ji Hoon, I wasn't the one who his mother." 

I shook my head. Joon always managed to remind me of what I wished to forget. He loved to torture me.

"This childs mother was and beat by you. Look at him and dare to call him yours…" 

"Joon stop!" 

"What? Does it make you feel guilty? Did you honestly think you could marry Ha Na and claim the child as yours? Did you think it would be so easy for you….hyung?" he taunted me.

"What are you doing with him then? You hated this child….You didn't keep him for your own selfish reasons did you? Is this part of your plan? You wish to torment me using such a crud method? You always resort to the worst possible ways don't you? Don't you think this is taking it too far this time Joon!?" 

The elevator opened.

"Don't be mistaken. I love this child more than my own life. At some point, yes I detested the idea of him but now I know that he is mine. I will do whatever necesarry to protect him."

 

 

__________________________

 

 

"What…is going on?"

"Cheol Yong?!?" Ji Hoon was surpsied to see him after all those years. 

"Hyung!…what is Joon doing here??!? I thought---he was…dead!" Mir was completley shocked. 

 

 

 

"You, follow me." Changsun directed his attention to Mir. Mir was so dumbfounded. 

"What are you up to?" Ji Hoon narrowed his eyes.  

"Ji Hoon, I am strictly here to talk to this person. If you excuse us."  

 

Both of them walked into Changsun's office. Just then Rin came into the office with Leo. She had no idea he was actually there.

Mir looked shocked. 

"Appa!" Leo ran to Changsun.  

"What the is going on!??!?" 

"Could you not cuss in front of my child." 

Mir was even more surprised. "Your child!?"

"You are still the same loud bastard" he mumbled.

"Yoon Jae-san wasn't in his office..." Rin let Changsun know. He nodded.

"I see. Can you take Leo on a walk around the company? I need to talk to this person." 

Rin nodded and took Leo out of the office. 

"Joon what the hell!? I am so confused! You need to start talking!" 

"Shutup you idiot. I am not Joon anymore. My name is Kim Changsun. I have been for 5 years." 

Mir was so surprised. "Why did you change your name?" 

"You don't need to know." 

"Wait, you've been Kim Changsun for 5 years? When Ha Na went missing?? When you were murdered?" 

"There are other things involved. Things that don't concern you. For now, I need you to tell me everything you know about Jung Ri An." He sat on the edge of the desk.

"You mean Ha Na?" 

"She goes by Jung Rian. She mysteriously popped up 3 years ago. There is nothing of interest on her before that time. She is French/Korean. The only family member she has is an older sister and she is ing rich and she is a pianist…"

"That's bull. That's Ha Na."

"I know that. I'm just telling you what I know about this fake alias she is using." 

 

"Only one thing is for sure. She does have an unnie. I know her." 

Changsun's eyes widened. "Ha Na had a sister?" 

"She left, well more like her parents kicked her out when she was young because she got into dirty business. Ha Na didn't know her. She is a very well known leader of the Yakuza. Back when she was in the hospital 5 years ago, I ran into her sister. She was planning on taking her to France with her." 

"What the hell.." he whispered. "That explains why she suddenly disapeared and where her money is coming from." 

"Why is she here?" Mir asked. 

"I haven't completely figured her out but I know she is here to get revenge." 

"Revenge?" Mir was confused. 

 

"It only makes sense. Her objective is Boosung. I am not sure what she inteneds to do but I know she is planning something againist Ji Hoon and I. She wants to become strong so she can put Ji Hoon and I on the street." 

"She is defiantly different now.…it's all my fault" Mir was sad. "If only I kept her from leaving that day…" 

"That's all in the past. We have to concentrate on now. We have to stop her" 

"How?" 

"Get her to admit to you that she's Ha Na. Get close to her and find out what she plans to do." 

 

"TCH. You think everything is so easy as snapping your fingers. You haven't changed at all."

"No, I know it won't be easy but I have something that will make it a little easier. Her son."

 

Mir's eyes widened. 

"No matter how arrogant and strong she might be, she will not be able to resist her own child. I saw the look on her face when I brought it up to her last time. To be honest I thought it would break her, but she surprised me. Maybe getting back at me is more important to her." 

 

 

 

KIM CHANGSUN 

 

Mir grabbed my shirt collar and slammed me on the wall. "You bastard….tell me you didn't take her baby to hurt her" 

I scoffed. "You think I am a heartless bastard, huh? Well I'm not," I pushed Mir back. "I love that child more than my own life." 

Mir gasped.

"Besides, I didn't even know she was alive until recently. Back then, I had planned to tranfer her to a hospital in Japan. I took Leo first and when it was time to take her she had disapeared. I now understand it was her sister that took her. It wasn't my intention to separate them. I would never hurt or do anything that would harm Leo in any way. I rather run a knife through my heart." 

"You really aren't the same, hyung…" 

He smirked. "It's crazy but he changed me in more ways than Ha Na could of ever done so." 

"So he is Ha Na's kid??" 

I nodded. I dialed my secretary. 

"Yes Mr. Kim?" 

"Let Rin know it's okay for her to come back with Leo." 

"Yes sir." 

 

 

"So who is this Rin girl?" Mir wiggled his eyebrows suggesting something stupid. 

"Wouldn't you like to know" I scoffed.

"A girlfriend!?" Mir yelled. "Looking at her closely she does seem like your type."

"Oh yeah? And what exactly is my type?" I was so irritated with him.

"The low self esteem type. The attractive, but she doesn’t think she is. Shy, sensitive but loving type. But then again I could be wrong. You were into Ha Na and she was aggresive and scary" he shivered.

I smacked him.

"What the hell!" 

"Did you become a match maker or something?!"

"I just happen to know alot about the ladies" he did that annoying eyebrow thing again.

"She's....it's complicated." I grunted. 

I heard a knock. "Don't say anything stupid you bastard." I told him before letting Rin in. 

Rin bowed when she met Mir. That bastard blushed at her greeting. I scoffed. Was I feeling jealous? 

When I snapped out of my thoughts I saw Mir croucthed down, petting Leo's hair.

 

"He looks exactly like her…." he couldn't stop admiring Leo. "It's a little creepy…he kind of looks like you too" 

"Why is that creepy?" I raised a brow, pissed off.

"It's just that he looks like a mix of you two" 

"You idiot…he is our child" 

He laughed. "True" he rubbed the back of his head. 

"I feel sorry for ya kid…if you end up looking like your pops." 

I glared at Mir. After all this time he still managed to piss me off.

"Okay, okay…your dad isn't THAT ugly. But you are going to be really cute because your mommy is--" 

"Mir…shut up" I stopped him. 

Mir stood up. 

"Don't tell me he doesn't know…" 

I shook my head.