The Sparkle In Your Eyes (HyunSung)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

The sound of something dripping is what wakes Jisung up and he knows right then and there where he is at the moment. He's about to huff an annoyed breath because he's sure he made his boyfriend and friends worry about him again, but he feels something gripping around his hand and it's warm. It's Hyunjin, fell asleep while slouching into the side of the hospital bed and before he fell asleep completely, he has secured a grip around Jisung's hand. Life is beautiful, now that Jisung has everything he wanted, but sometimes he wonders if he's just a bother to anyone he loves. It's his fault that he's like this.

He looks down to his side and automatically, a soft smile takes place into his face. He slowly lifts his body and tries to sit up, his other free hand reaches over to ruffle Hyunjin's hair.

"Hyunjin..." He softly mumbles.

The movement wakes Hyunjin up, Jisung winces at his action, he shouldn't wake his boyfriend up. He's sure that the older stays late for him.

"Hey, babe... Hi. Good morning. You're awake." Hyunjin greets him, Jisung smiles more at that, looking at his boyfriend like he's still confuse as to where he is amuses him.

"I'm sorry, I made you worry." Jisung says, it's the only words he can offer at the moment.

Hyunjin seems to be more awake now and lifts his hand that has Jisung's in it and presses his lips against the back of Jisung's palm, the warm sensation of the older's lips spread so fast all around Jisung's body.

"What are you sorry for? What's the point, I would get worry over you and your situation anyway." Hyunjin replies nonchalantly, too used to this same moment to ever happen once in a while.

"Then what should I do if you don't want my sorry?" Jisung pouts, a pale pink tinting his cheeks but he's not aware of it, only Hyunjin sees that.

"A kiss is enough for me." Hyunjin wiggles his eye brows suggestively then pouts his lips, asking for a kiss. Jisung giggles and before he could even lean down to give Hyunjin that kiss, there's two soft knocks on the door before it opens.

Jisung hears Hyunjin click his tongue in annoyance but immediately brightens up upon seeing who is walking into the room.

"Mom! You're here!"

"Of course, I would. Hi, dear, Sungie, do you feel okay?"

"Mrs. Hwang! You don't have to be here but I'm also thankful. Thank you for visiting me and I'm sorry for making you worry." Knowing his boyfriend's worrywart self, he definitely gets that from his mother and it's the last thing he wants to do, to make Hyunjin's mom worry over his situation.

"You silly boy! What's with the Mrs. Hwang all of a sudden? I told you to call me Mom already. And why are you apologizing, it's not your fault you have this kind of situation. Just be strong like always, hmm?"

"I- y-yes, M-mom...thank you again."

"Did Hyunjin take care of you enough? If he's not, just tell me, I'll spank him for you."

"Mom!" Jisung giggles at Hyunjin's flustered state.

"Don't worry, Mom, he's taking care of me really well. He's a good boy."

"Of course I am! What do you take me for?"

"Then why are you calling me in the middle of the night, panicking as if this was the first time ever happened to your boyfriend, and asked for advices on how to comfort your partner?" Mrs. Hwang raises her eyebrow, it's only to son, Jisung knows that. Mrs. Hwang loves flustering her own son. And Jisung can't help but laugh softly at that. He loves these two so much, they make him feel belong, they make him feel loved and well taken cared of. With these two, Jisung doesn't feel empty, as if Mrs. Hwang is his own mother.

"Mom! I should've called you. You're just messing with me always! Embarrassing me in front of my boyfriend!" Jisung hears his boyfriend complain and groan in frustration.

Jisung together with Mrs. Hwang are chuckling at the flustered boy before the older woman turns her attention back to Jisung.

"Hyunjin told me what happened and so I came here immediately after making you a soup. You have to eat something now that you're awake. I'm so glad you're okay. Eat now, okay?" Mrs. Hwang hands him carefully the soup in a container with a spoon, the smell feels like home, he could cry but he tries hard not to spill tears so suddenly and make Hyunjin and his mother worry again.

"T-thank you so much, Mom."

"You're welcome, dear. After you discharge here, visit me okay? Bring this son of mine, I missed having you two in my place." It's ironic for Mrs. Hwang to say those to him instead of saying them to her own son but the woman already sees him as his other son.

"Yes, we will, Mom."

"Good. Now, Hyunjin, make sure Jisung eats healthy food and drinks fruit juices and also a fat-free milk. Text me when'll you two be vacant so I can clean the other room for you two, I want it to be fresher when you two come. I'll go now, I'll let you two continue your business as I'm going to work, okay?"

"Yes, Mom, I know and I will. I'll see you out."

"Stay with Jisung, don't leave him in this situation." Mrs. Hwang eyes her son sternly making Hyunjin backs out as if making himself small, cowering to the scary look of his own mother.

Jisung takes pity of his boyfriend, it's fun seeing Hyunjin like this but he's not that heartless, "it's okay, Mom, I'll devour this soup while it's still warm and while Hyunjin is gone." Mrs. Hwang relaxes at that, nodding her head.

"Okay, then. That's good. Let's go, son."

"Baby, I'll be back, just slowly sip the soup, 'kay?" Hyunjin leans down to whisper at him.

Jisung giggles softly, "yes, yes, I know." He then finally leans up, meeting Hyunjin in the middle, into a sweet lip lock.

Β 

"You can leave me here, love." Hyunjin smiles at her mother, grateful to have such a wonderful, kind at heart and very supportive mother.

"Thank you for taking care of Jisung, Mom. Even if sometimes it feels like you see him as more of a son than me." Hyunjin says, chuckling a little as he whispers the last sentence.

"What are you saying!"

"Uh! Mom!" He just received a hard flick on his forehead.

"Seriously, you should take care of him more, hm? I really like him, son, since the first time you called me from a hospital telling me something was happening to your partner. I didn't even know you have already a boyfriend at that time! Then I signed the hospital notice as his mom. I really liked it." Hyunjin's Mom's smile is nostalgic. Hyunjin smiles at that memory too even if it was more of a worry stuff memory. He panicked the moment he knew that his boyfriend fainted and his doctor at that time said he's low on blood sugar.

"And you must work harder, I want Jisung to call me mom more." Hyunjin's Mom pulls him out of the sudden daze he's in and now he's flushing again.

"Mom!"

"What? Am I wrong?"

"You're gonna be late! We'll visit you soon!" Hyunjin hurriedly waves his mother off.

"Okay, okay. I won't tease you anymore. Back to the subject, I meant it, Hyunjin. I love that boy already and I wanted him to call me mom forever, so you have to work hard, okay?"

"I will." Hyunjin gives his mom a serious smile as he nods his head in determination.

"Uh, Mom? Why did you accept Jisung as my partner so easily?" He adds as he looks at his Mom, all seriousness is plastered on his face.

And instead, his Mom asks him a question in return, "have you ever noticed the way you look at him?" It makes Hyunjin tilt his head in slight confusion, their friends always make fun of him for the way he looks at Jisung. And now, even his own mom asks him about that, so what is there when he looks at Jisung?

"The way I look at him?"

"That's right, I noticed it the first time I met him. When you look at him there's a sparkle in your eyes. At that moment, I was certain of it. He's another son given to me by God."

Β 

Hyunjin has the biggest smile into his face, his jaw is hurting, he doesn't notice how he manages to come up back towards Jisung's room.

"Babe? Why are you smiling like that?" Jisung blinks up at him and Hyunjin can't help but smile more when he looks at his boyfriend. Do his eyes have that sparkle in them right at this moment that he looks at Jisung, Hyunjin thought.

Definitely.

Hyunjin manages to walk back and sit by the corner of Jisung's bed, beside him. Then leans forward and surprises the other by suddenly pecking him on the lips then when he pulls away, he doesn't stop there. He also drops kisses around Jisung's face and the latter could only blink in surprise.

"Babe? You okay? Did Mom go already?"

"Hm. Did you finish your soup?"

"Yes. And it's the best soup I've ever tasted in my whole life." Jisung always saying that every time he's sick and Hyunjin's Mom always made him the same soup.

"That's good. I love you, Jisung, get well soon so we can visit Mom soon."

Jisung giggles, "I love you too, babe. You're extra sweet today."

"Hey, I'm always extra sweet everyday!"

"Hm, sure."

"What do you mean by that? I'm always sweet."

"Okay, okay, you're always super duper extra sweet everyday."

"That's more like it."

"Uhm..." There's someone clearing their throat by the door and the both of them don't notice how their friends get inside the room and are already lining up to greet them.

"Sorry to disturb whatever you're doing. Good to see you, Jisung,"

"Hey, Chan-hyung, hey guys! Thanks guys for visiting." Jisung smiles at their friends.

"Ehhh look at Hyunjin! He's so gross when he looks at Jisung!" Jeongin hollers.

"Hey, you always bully me!"

"Jeongin, he's always looking at Jisung that way. What's new." Changbin says, emphasizing on the word "always."

"Yes, he always does that." Felix agrees, of course, Changbin's his boyfriend, he always agrees whatever the older says.

"What look?" Minho butts in.

"You know, babe, his eyes are extra sparkly when he looks at Jisung." Seungmin answers forΒ  Minho dramatically as he leans his head into the older's shoulder.

"So, it's gross then."

"You look at Seungmin like that too. You're not subtle at doing that either." Chan sighs and instead of an embarrassed remarks from the addressed man, he even puffs his chest proudly.

"Why are you all here just to tease me? You're not needed here, get out!" Hyunjin suddenly yells. He loves his friends but he doesn't need their teasing.

"We're not here for you, we're here for your boyfriend."

"I- hey!"

"Alright, alright, that's enough. Please stop bullying my boyfriend." Jisung chuckles, wrapping a hand around the older's shoulders, he's pouting and is leaning his head against Jisung's shoulder.

"I appreciate you all for visiting and I'm sorry for making you all worry again."

"Ehh, stop that, Sungie, why are you apologizing for something you can't control? All you have to do now is to get well so you can get out of here. Hm?" Chan is always the father figure of their friend group and Jisung smiles at the warmth spreading in his chest. See, Jisung's life is perfect. He has a loving boyfriend, a dream job, a Mom who's really Hyunjin's Mom but he feels like Mrs. Hwang's son too, and...great friends.

"And..." Chan continues but pauses for a moment as he averts his gaze towards Hyunjin who's still nuzzling his face into the crook of Jisung's neck. "Get well soon, we still need to witness how Hyunjin looks at you."

Hyunjin groans at that as he finally pulls away from his younger boyfriend to glare at his friends, "all of you should be thankful you're friends with Jisung too or else I'll have to disown you."

Chuckles and fond laughter filled the entire room making their hearts light and content.