Uncharted Territory (2Min + Changlix)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

There were friends of six men, Bang Chan, Han Jisung, Kim Seungmin, Lee Minho and his little brother Lee Felix and finally, Seo Changbin, the said little brother's boyfriend. They had been canoeing for five days in the wilderness. The six young boys were hungry, sore, and totally exhausted. Bang Chan, the guide and their leader as this was totally his idea, kept pushing them on. There was another portage just ahead.

"I don't think I can make it." Felix said in a weary voice. He shared a canoe with his older brother.

The said older brother rolled his eyes playfully but of course, his baby brother didn't see him do it, "Lixie, you're not the one paddling this boat." Minho, even though he's tired, he just kept on paddling. Their canoe was lagging behind the other three, who were also active in the gym, they still have strength left under those big guns.

"I know, I'm just- oh god, I think I have sea sick." Felix said in a hurry, he felt like throwing up.

Ahead, in the next canoe, Changbin slowed down his paddling upon hearing his boyfriend, worried.

"Baby, you okay?"

"Lix, this isn't even a sea-"

A groan cut off Minho, it's obviously from the other canoe beside him, Kim Seungmin. These two were weird in their kind of way, they have a mutual understanding that they like each other but also liked to tease just to rail each other up.

"Just get the idea, Minho, your brother isn't well."

"That's hyung to you."

"Sorry, darling." Seungmin grinned before dashing his way ahead almost leveling Chan's canoe. He had stick figure arms and was obviously tired as well but Minho didn't know how did still Seungmin have the energy to annoy him...and to still paddle like it was just nothing. While him? He's so tired as , he can barely feel his own arms.

Bang Chan and their other friend, Jisung laughed softly at the two, they always laughed at how Minho and Seungmin acted around each other.

The others paddled on smoothly, leaving Minho's and Changbin's canoe behind, the latter tended his sick boyfriend behind Minho.

Eventually, their canoe glided within a few feet of the land, Chan leaped out into the water. Jisung and Seungmin followed him a few seconds later. They guided their boat onto the shore and then pulled it out of the lake, watching for sharp rocks in the shallow water.

"Get a move on it, you two," Jisung called out, referring to Minho and Changbin who now were back at paddling towards the others. "You're slowing us down." He joked.

"Is Felix okay?" Seungmin asked worriedly. Felix stopped joining the conversation, he didn't feel like talking, he's afraid he'll throw up when he opened his mouth. Seungmin was worried to his sickly best friend, it wasn't the first time the other became sick like this.

"He's fine. Just don't feel like talking or he'll throw up." Changbin shouted to let Seungmin hear his reply. Seungmin nodded his head, worriedly eyeing the figure behind Minho and then back to Minho's frame. He can see that the older was exhausted, they all were, but Minho especially, in their circle, he's likely the one who got sick the most. Well, along with his brother but they're always on the go for an adventure like this.

"Minho, do you need help?" Seungmin already walked forward meeting Minho's and Felix's canoe. Although Minho didn't give a verbal answer, it was obvious to Seungmin that he needed help. Minho has been paddling with an extra weight of his brother since day one.

Minho's and Changbin's canoe skimmed into the shoreline. Minho jumped out into the water carefully then guided the canoe with his brother still in it, Seungmin came to other side and helped pull it. Minho murmured a quiet thanks to the younger. Chan and Jisung shared a knowing look. Those two were so stubbornly in love with each other but yeah stubborn, they both rather wanted to die than stating it out loud.

Felix was guided by his strong boyfriend out of the boat and onto his back to give Felix a piggy back ride. While in the middle of pulling the now empty canoe, suddenly Minho lost his footing. While Seungmin pulled the boat up onto the land, Minho floundered around in the water. When he finally waded out, he was totally drenched.

"Oh no! Minho, are you okay?" Seungmin asked in a hurry, he just noticed Minho's situation. Minho grunted before answering.

"I'm fine, just drenched. It's not the end of the world."

Chan chuckled at him while Jisung was always the one who laughed or talked or snoored the loudest, at this moment, he laughed hysterically and loudly too as if Minho's unfortunate dive into the water was the biggest joke ever.

"You'll make a good target for the mosquitoes," Jisung said after he recovered from his all out laugh seconds ago. When they planned this trip, they have researched about the place and it's known to have been the meaniest mosquitoes in the region and because of that, they brought mosquito nets with them. "At least you're good for something." Jisung continued. Now that was a joke as well, just friends saying mean things to each other. It was normal for them even if that felt like a bit below the belt but Jisung was always like this to all of them.

"Can you not? It isn't funny." It's Seungmin, also glaring at the slightly older friend.

Chan sighed, it's beginning to get dark, it's weird since he's sure it's just past noon. They still needed to settle for the night later so they too needed to find a place to set up their tents, "let's go. We need to set up our tents if we want to survive from the mosquitoes." He continued, hoisting his canoe on his shoulder while pulling Changbin's on the other hand since the latter has his boyfriend on his back. At least Jisung stopped joking around, shrugged his shoulders and have the decency of carrying their supplies, his own bagpack and Changbin's.

Seungmin was left behind with a wet Minho who also started to shake from the breeze.

"Is your bagpack, okay? It's not drenched?" Seungmin asked.

"." Minho just remembered he had a bagpack with him when he suddenly dove into the water earlier. He hurriedly took it off of his back and checked the outer part where there's an obvious wet patch on the bottom part.

"Ugh, my clothes are all in the bottom. ."

"I have a few spare of clothes with me. Just get out of the water, you're shaking."

Minho groaned and begrudgingly slung his bag back on his shoulder while helping the younger pull his boat.

The portage was a long one, it would take over an hour. Four of them already tramped through the spongy undergrowth of the woods.

"You still okay to pull your boat alone though?" Seungmin asked, eyeing the older who got ready to pull his canoe alone now that Seungmin has to pull his own boat.

"Seungmin, I am just drenched with a goddamned water, not-"

"-not disabled, I know. I was just making sure."

"Are you in love with me or something, Kim Seungmin?" Minho smirked at the younger.

"Or something." Seungmin scoffed before walking ahead, leaving a cackling Minho behind.

The six of them continued their way through the woods after Seungmin made Minho change his wet clothes to some dried ones which were also Seungmin's. The ground wasn't completely dry, there's water that squished in their leather boots with each step.

"Chan-hyung, are you sure this is the right place?" Seungmin asked their guide and leader, he never saw a picture when Chan and the others discussed this place before going here so he didn't have a mental image of the place. Chan grunted a chuckle even if it's already difficult for him to do it with the weight he's carrying and pulling as well.

"I think, we're in the right place, Seung, don't worry."

"I don't like the vibe of this place." Seungmin didn't want to be that one guy who spoil everyone else's fun but he can't also help but getting worried over everything. They're in an island of some sort that obviously no other people to run to if ever danger ensued. And he started to get mosquito bites and it was hard to slap his hand onto the itchy area when he's carrying a weight with him.

"Minnie, what movie are you on this time? This is real life. And we've been doing this for so long." Jisung striked again. Yes, canoeing was almost their life, they've grew up together with this hobby and this wasn't the first time that they've been in a strange place. But all of a sudden, Seungmin never felt confident on this place or on what they were doing at the moment in general.

"It's just weird, Chan hyung said, the place has to reception but when I checked the time at my phone earlier in the shore, I've got a few bars."

"Wow, really?" Jisung's eyes widened at the news, of course, it's a good news for him. What a way to flex his whereabouts on his social media! He motioned to get his phone out of his bagpack's side pocket even if it's a struggle with all the bags he's carrying and his boat.

"Uh...guys, I think we should check the reception or whatnots later, I think we have bigger problems ahead." Chan said wearily, eyes staring at something ahead.

"Holy , were all of that mosquitoes?" Changbin shrieked at what he saw when he craned his head upwards and saw what's ahead of them. There were like groups of swarming mosquitoes flying towards them like tornadoes.

"I thought you said mosquitoes here were just like in a normal size but the meaniest? Why were they looked like a ing grasshopper?!" Seungmin's cry was never entertained as Chan hurried down to hastily put the canoes on the ground.

"Hurry, get the nets!" The others hurriedly put everything else on the ground as well and Jisung handed everyone their mosquito nets. It's good that they brilliantly put all the nets together in one bag, it was easier when they needed them. It was one of the bags along with their other supplies that Jisung was carrying.

Minho put Changbin's mosquito net first on both Changbin and his boyfriend, "Lixie, press your face against Bin's nape."

He then put his own over his head and shoulders, Chan wasn't joking when he said the mosquitoes here were the meaniest but he didn't tell the others about the size. The mosquitoes buzzed around their bodies, thirsty for blood. They have managed to cover their heads and necks but their hands and forearms were unprotected since they have to carry back their belongings. It was hard and a struggle to slap away the insects from their body when they have arms full of things. They decided to go on in their way since its getting darker and darker under the trees. They still needed to find a place for their tents. Luckily, those damn mosquitoes seemed to just passing by.

"Everyone okay?" Chan asked loudly but not stopping on walking and turning his head since there's a present weight on his shoulder.

Chan heard a chorus of yes and so they have moved forward and further into the woods. A few moments passed, Felix spoke from Changbin's back.

"Babe, I'm okay to walk on my own now. You must be tired and sore already because of me." Felix said, although still weak but he felt better than earlier when they arrived the place.

"Are you sure you can walk fine now? I'm still fine though." Changbin said and already stopped from walking and ready to squat down so he can put Felix down and let him stand on the ground.

"I think I'm good."

"Okay, put on the net all over your body, in case there's still some insects ahead."

"This is the end of the portage. We should-" Chan announced but rudely interrupted by Jisung.

"Chan, I'm hungry. We still didn't eat our lunch yet." Jisung whined that almost just sounded like a grunt. It was true, according to his cellphone, it's quarter to two o'clock. The woods was getting darker like the sun was setting already. Chan wanted them to continue canoeing until the next portage and find a place to camp out in but they still didn't eat their lunch, the others have the same sentiment with Jisung and eventually Chan sighed in understanding.

"Fine, let's eat first, then we go on."

 

After sharing a quick lunch, they got their boats into the water.

"Minho hyung, Felix can ride with me so you can paddle easily without him at your back." Changbin said to the older and got a nod in affirmation in return.

All canoes moved over the blue, clear lake. There was no conversation, even the talkative Jisung looked drained and the group was thankful for that. Each person was either lost in his thoughts or too worn out by his physical exertion. The air was still.

Then, the silence was broken. There's a hoarse, croaking sound of an animal echoed over the lake.

"Oh , what was that?" Felix said as he ducked his head and pressed himself closer against his boyfriend's back but the movement was minimal that it still didn't shake their canoe.

"Some kind of bird, I think. Calm down." Changbin assured his boyfriend even though he didn't know what made that sound but then again this wasn't the first time they have encountered such strange or unfamiliar animals before.

Silence came through them again. Just the slow splash of water as they moved the paddle was what they can hear aside from the sudden screeching sound from afar and sometimes it sounded near them. Beside Changbin's and Felix's boat were Chan's and Jisung's while Seungmin and Minho were behind them, all were alerted since its getting dark and they didn't know what kind of animals were present in this place.

Seconds later, a huge bird dove down from the sky like a bomb. Its body shot into the water, not more than twenty feet from the last canoe, which was Minho's. He almost lost grip on the right paddle and his boat wobbled slightly.

"Minho! Are you okay?" Seungmin's voice alerted the others ahead of them to turn their heads to see what's happening behind them.

", that one came close." Minho mumbled to himself, gripping on his paddles tight, he didn't hear the younger on his right.

"Minho!"

"I'm okay, but that was really close."

"Well, hyung, I think that thing took a liking of you!" Jisung yelled from the front, even without fully seeing him, Minho knew that there's an annoying grin plastered on his face.

"Please, Jisung, shut up." Seungmin groaned and slightly hoped that the next bird will land onto their jerk of a friend's head.

Jisung didn't say anything after that, Seungmin's glare from a few feet away from him was enough to shut him up. He just clicked his tongue in surrender and thought, "y'all were so serious, can't I throw some random jokes or something anymore?"

The boys watched for the bird to reappear. It took over a minute. Then it surfaced, several yards away from where it had entered the water. A silver fish was clamped in its strong beak.

"What is that thing? Man, it's huge!" Jisung commented loudly. No one has still the strength left to answer or entertain Jisung this time. Because the others were wondering the same thing too. The six canoeists watched as it took flight again. Ten minutes later, another hoarse croak came from the sky. It was loud, incredibly loud. Everyone looked up, they couldn't believe their eyes.

"That's the biggest bird I've ever seen," Minho exclaimed, it was supposed to be in his thought but well, he just said it out loud. Unfortunately for them, no one in their circle was knowledgeable about birds so they didn't know what this one called. Seungmin can tell that Minho was scared with the bird so he paddled his way quickly near the older, just an inch where their paddles won't collide.

"It's okay, stop looking at it." Seungmin's voice was soft and assuring, somehow it made Minho drew out a sigh of relief and did what the younger told him and averted his gaze from the bird to the pair of familiar eyes beside him.

The others didn't take their eyes from the bird. Its body straightened out like an arrow, ready for the dive. When it hit the water, waves rippled out that slapped against the moving canoes.

"A bird like that could kill us if it wanted to," Changbin said in a quiet voice. Felix looked around for his brother he had the same scared look on his face.

Minho just in time to look back ahead and met his baby brother's eyes, he gave him a smile, "it's okay, Lixie, it's just a bird." Assuring his brother would be useless now that they already saw how it's not just a bird but maybe, that's also for himself.

The bird resurfaced farther away from their canoes. But they could see its prey wriggling desperately in its beak.

"Let's just go, everyone. We should find a place to camp on the next portage and stay there for the night." Chan announced and continued paddling his way forward, the other obediently followed him.

No more huge birds dove around them on the lake as they reached the next portage. Doing the same process as earlier and bringing their canoes with them on the land, they made a big circle around the bag with their supplies in it. After getting an okay from Chan, they pulled out the squashed loaves of bread and the peanut butter and jelly from their packs. It wasn't much food, hungry as they were, but they couldn't eat a lot until the evening meal, when they made camp later.

The six sat silently, wolfing down their sandwiches except for one. Felix just stared at his share, he was hungry but didn't like to eat.

"Baby, finish yours, please. It's just for now until our meal later, you need it." Changbin seemed to notice his boyfriend beside him who has no intention of eating the bread. And a familiar look from Minho across him was enough for him to take a small bite onto his bread.

Jisung finished first and was about to reach for more bread but Chan held his hand.

"You've had your share. That's all you get today. This food has to get us all the way back to base camp." Chan said sternly but also ready to give his remaining half of the sandwich to the younger, "take mine."

Jisung felt shame and just shook his head, "no hyung, it's fine. That's yours anyway." Food wasn't a problem to all of them, they have money to buy enough food but when they're canoeing, they cannot carry a lot of food. They only brought what can be carried in a bag or two.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Let's just get over this so we can find a perfect spot for our tents." For the entirety of this trip, Jisung for once said something with sense.

While waiting for the others to finish their shares, Jisung got his phone out from the side pocket of his bagpack.

"Well, Seungmin was right, I've got reception." Jisung announced, not waiting for some kind of response as he tapped on the internet using his data plan and searched the map.

"It's weird, I can't find the place on the map." Since no one ever had gone through the place before, and they've got reception, he might as well wanted to learn something with this place, he didn't listen to Chan when he discussed about the place some days ago.

"What? Lemme try." Chan quickly wiped off the crumbs from his hands to his pants to get his own phone and did the same thing as Jisung. His eyebrow rose from disbelief when he got the same result, he mumbled, "what the- this is weird, ugh whatever, maybe there's something wrong with the area or something, I don't know. Come on, guys, we'll set up the tents."

Minho and Changbin were already gone to spot hunting just a few meters from where they sat while eating their snacks, they found a somewhat dry ground, well at least, it looked dry than the other space around. Jisung kept up with the two but actually not helping, he just looked around the area.

"Look over there, in the crook of the tree," Jisung yelled, "it's a nest!" Everyone looked in the direction Jisung's arm was pointing. There was a huge nest with large eggs in it.

"It must be their nest, from those things in the lake." Felix said quietly, he's still quite scared as he remembered those huge birds earlier.

"Okay, you guys, it won't be the last time you see a bird's nest. Chop, chop! The day's not getting any younger." Chan beckoned his friends to start preparing for the night and set up the tents.

"Felix and Jisung, could you two find us some firewoods? We need fire to warm us up." Chan then gestured to his two almost twin friends, Jisung was born just a day before Felix, but of course they're not blood related so their personalities were way opposite to each other. Jisung was a prankster, he's a mood setter but sometimes it's gone to the level where no one was laughing to his jokes anymore, but he's still a good guy. While Felix was an angel, like everyone was whipped for this little ball of sunshine. His emotions were reflected on his facial reactions that he didn't need to say anything for everyone to know what's wrong or what's up with him. Now, even though, they're absolutely opposite in terms of personality to each other, they worked along best together. So it was the best bet for Chan to gather some woods, at least Jisung was weak for Felix, whereas if he could pair him up with Minho or Seungmin, there will be lots of trouble done than the work.

"On it, Captain!" Jisung actively said, stood straight facing Chan and gave him a messy hand salute. Felix, already beside him, just scoffed and laughed softly. At least, they can see Felix smiling now, Jisung always made Felix laugh, well when the latter wasn't sick.

"Hey, Lixie! Be careful, okay? Don't go too far away from Jisung." Changbin made a quick once over look to his boyfriend's retreating back and when Felix heared him, he turned around and walked backwards then gestures his hands to the older. It was a sign language of yes, sir, and love you!

Changbin grinned at him, "watch where you're walking!" And Felix just giggled.

Of course, Jisung would comment on it as well, "have some respect to us singles here, will you?"

Chan actually snorted at that, "you're the only single here, Sungie."

"At least I still get some!" Jisung stuck his tongue out to Chan in a mocking way as if he's a child teasing the other.

"You mean your not-friend-hwang-but-with-benefits?"

"Shut up, hyung, the point was- I still get some even if I'm not in some kind of relationship!" Jisung quipped and lead the way before their leader more.

"Hey, don't leave Lix behind, I swear Han Jisung if you lost my brother, I'll personally feed you to those big birds myself!" Minho gave Jisung the glare that often directed at him for acting like a jerk.

"Yeah, yeah, you guys has little faith on me." Jisung uttered his words in a bored manner, rolling his eyes. "Come along, Felix!"

The two began searching for some dry twigs around the area, the others can still see their backs from where they were starting setting up tents, Changbin and Minho especially took turns in checking up the two while their hands were busy with the tent with Chan. Seungmin was readying a good spot for the fire later.

 

"Hey, Lixie, look at this." Jisung called out, he has an arm full of twigs and branches while his other still free hand pointed a finger to a certain direction for Felix to see.

Felix, who also has an arm full of firewoods, came to his friend's side, a shiver down to his spine spiked up as he came to a halt to see another bird nest. It was also filled with eggs just like the ones over the tree branch from earlier which was just on the other side near to where the others set up their camp. But these eggs now were unlike the ones before, these were extra huge, too huge that both boys thought they didn't belong to the same kind of bird. The ones before were white while these ones were gray.

"Let's just go back to the others, Sung...I don't feel good with this, these huge eggs were scaring me and I think we got enough firewoods anyway. Let's go back now." Felix said to Jisung who just scoffed.

"Come on, they're just eggs!"

"Yes, they're just eggs, but the ones laying these were not just birds! Ugh, whatever, come on, let's just go back!"

But Jisung didn't move an inch, instead he looked back to the eggs and got a stick from the pile of twigs in his arm. He gripped the stick tight with one hand and raised it high in the air.

"What the ! Jisung, stop it!" Felix was frozen for when he had a hump of what Jisung was about to do.

"Leave them alone, Jisung! What- oh God!" Felix gasped loudly when Jisung drove the stick down, like a stake, first into one of the eggs, and then into the others. It happened so fast that Felix's mind can't even react.

Then, high above them in the trees, there was a rustle of wings and Felix saw a big flying shadow covering them. An agonized cry pierced through the stillness of the woods. It continued on and on like an eerie death wail. Circling above them in the sky, a giant bird swooped up and down above the tree tops.

Felix was already shaking in fear as tears ran down his cheeks. It was also when the others came to them.

"You two okay?" Chan called out but it was Changbin who came first beside the shaking Felix and he noticed his boyfriend was quietly sobbing.

"Hey, baby, what happened?" Changbin was fast to collect the firewoods from Felix's arm and placed them in his own arm while the other hand was wiping off beads of tears that were constantly running down his boyfriend's cheeks.

"Sungie.." Felix started, his voice was quivering.

Then there's a collective gasps beside them, all eyes were on the cracked eggs, they forgot and missed to notice that above them, there was not just one huge bird but many of them were circling above the trees, above them.

"What the did you do, Jisung?" Jisung blinked at Seungmin's voice, he  threw the stick on the ground by the nest, seemed to wake up from whatever daze he was in. Even Minho can't utter a word, he too was shaking while eyeing Jisung in disbelief. He couldn't believe that this guy could do something at this extent. Even though, he himself was scared just by looking at those monstrous eggs, but they're just eggs and he didn't intend to do like what Jisung did to the poor eggs.

"Oh wow, the mothers were after us now. Congratulations, Jisung." Changbin said in monotone, he's the first one to take notice of the crying birds above them. It's starting to get really dark now but the shadows could tell how angry and big those things in the sky were.

"Lets get into our tents! For sake, Jisung, for once, grow up! Why would you do that? What are you a ing child?!" Even Chan who barely got angry was now mad. He too can't believe the stunt his friend did. For sure, trouble was now waving at them in the future.

For once, Jisung can't say anything out of shame and guilt. For once, he felt scared.

"Oh god, what now?" Minho mumbled when the sound of the birds' cries got nearer and nearer to them, they have abandoned the idea of making a fire and just went directly running back to their campsite and scrambled inside their respective tents.

Chan shared a tent with the perpetrator, Han Jisung. Felix's with his boyfriend. The other tent was shared by Minho and Seungmin. But no one's really into sleeping now that there were flappings of big wings above them.

"I don't like this, please make it stop, I'm so scared..." Felix whispered as he pressed against Changbin's body, his own body was still shaking and both hands were now covering his ears. The older hushed and whispered sweet nothings but it really didn't calm Felix down. Changbin's palms that were softly rubbing up and down on his back was somehow assuring.

On the other tent, Seungmin was the most scared than Minho. The situation seemed to sink in his brain, that those birds were not just birds, they could be end up dead here and no one will ever know about what happened. He didn't feel himself shake and a hand on his shoulder made him flinch, eyes wide and breathe stuttered, but he calmed down when it was just Minho.

"Minie, you okay?"

"I'm not." Seungmin then pressed his body against Minho's side and the older seemed to accept him as he wrapped an arm around his frame.

"Me too. But I'm sure we'll gonna be okay, we'll just let it pass. They'll gonna get tired eventually." Minho wasn't sure about that because even him wasn't confident about his own words.

Minho's sentence was also what Jisung had uttered in the next tent but in an inquiry type.

"Hyung, they'll eventually get tired, right?" 

Chan glared at him.

"If you were the bird and I was gonna break your eggs, see if you were ever stop making that loud annoying shriek above me!"

"Ey, come on, hyung. I'm sorry, okay?"

"I was not the one laying those eggs! Ask forgiveness to the birds!" Chan's head hurt and also his ears, the hoarse croak noises of the birds were getting loud and annoying, he felt like banging his head on the ground. Then, suddenly he jolted up as if remembering something.

"Fire! Let's create fire! A big one." Chan hollered. "Seungmin, you got the lighter there with you, right?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I have mine as well!" Changbin on the other tent yelled too.

"Okay, guys, remember when we always encounter strange animals in the woods that we've been together before? We scared them with fire." Chan shouted again, hoping that his voice will carry through his message to his friends when there's still a loud bird noises in the background.

"But not any of them was this...huge, hyung." Seungmin weakly said but was already fishing out the lighter from his pants pocket.

"I know, Minnie, we just have to try."

"I got it, hyung!" Minho replied instead.

"Thanks, Minho. You there, Bin?" Chan called for his other friend.

"Yes! I am thinking of how to get out of the tent without being noticed, we can't just create a fire inside the tent."

Minho felt brave at the moment, pulled the tent's zipper down, Seungmin's eyes grew wide.

"Minho, what are you-"

"Hey, it's fine..." Minho handed the lighter back to Seungmin, "find something- a handkerchief, a paper, something that you can use to help create fire faster while I ran over there and get those firewoods that Lixie have gathered earlier." Minho swallowed a lump in his throat as he remembered the few meters from here where the forgotten pile of twigs laid.

Seungmin shook his head, he's not liking the older's idea but it's not like he has a better one, "no, babe, please, no-"

"Shh, it's okay. I will be okay, I'll just have to run over there, get the firewoods and run back here." Minho said, voice shaking, heart's racing, as he caressed the younger's cheek using the back of his palm.

", Minho! Don't do this to me, I swear-"

"No, you won't." Minho quickly pecked the younger's mouth loudly then grinned at him "Come on, be brave for me and find something, I need you to light it up so we can easily create a big fire with the twigs when I come back. It's just bird, right?" Reminding Seungmin with his own words earlier.

"Uhm, okay, lovebirds, tick tock?"

"Shut up, Jisung! Don't give me any more reason why I should really feed you to these birds right at this ing instant!" Minho glared at the direction of Chan's and Jisung's tent. Jisung was heard sighing in surrender.

"Hyung, you don't need to do that, we can figure something else." Felix was once again crying but he managed to get his message across.

"It's okay, Lixie, stay with Binnie, okay?"

Felix hummed weakly, he can't do anything with a stubborn Minho right now.

When he turned back to look at Seungmin, their lips collided together, molded perfectly at this moment. It was a quick kiss, still a kiss yet Minho had barely reciprocated when Seungmin pulled away.

"It's just bird... Just be careful and come back to us...to me." He said the last one quietly. Minho smiled at that, if he's not in a hurry or under in this type of situation, he would have teased the younger for it.

"I promise." That was it, Minho sprinted towards the direction where Felix and Jisung have gathered firewoods earlier, without looking back and just run as fast as he can, it was dark and he may stumbled a few times but he got there eventually. He panted hard tried to remember the way, without a light, it was a hard task.

"," he mumbled to himself, why did he even forget to get his phone at least? He shouldn't have been blindly feeling the ground for those pile of firewoods! There's a sound of flapping wings towards his direction.

"Ah, goddamnit!" He angrily shouted, frustrated to get the damn woods and go back. With a few more blindly taps of his palms on the ground, one of his hands landed onto some sticky liquid-

"Ew..ugh!" But it was okay, this was the nest, that's good. The firewoods were left near it. He quicken his hands to feel around the ground and finally landed on the twigs.

"Ah ing finally!"

"Minho, watch out! And please hurry!" Seungmin's voice rang through the woods, he has now created a little torch. Minho grinned at the younger even though Seungmin couldn't still see him doing it, he knew he could always count on the younger.

"I'm coming back, baby!" Minho ran back towards the light, towards the one holding the light...a pile of firewoods pressed against his chest.

The little light from Seungmin's little torch somehow illuminated throughout the space they all occupied and it seemed to scare the birds as the flappings of wings and their weird noises now got farther and farther.

"It's working! They're flying away from us now!" Seungmin shouted in joy and he could also see Minho running back towards him, he could finally breathe back to normal.

"Good job, Minnie!" Chan said as he and the others got out of their tents to help gather something that could help create bigger fire.

Changbin had managed to create fire as well on the spot they're supposed to have a campfire earlier. When Minho ran out of the tent earlier, Changbin came out of the tent as well to do his task. Minho then carefully dumped all the twigs on Changbin's fire and Seungmin too included his little torch with it. Now the flame's blaring, scorching sound now echoing in the woods.

"I'm sorry, everyone, I ed up. I should have listened to Felix when he said to leave the eggs alone earlier." Jisung said seriously and sincerely this time, he stood there in the middle of everyone near the now bigger fire, arms around his own frame. He looked like a wet dog that just got kicked out by its owner.

"At least, you've owned up to your mistake. Thank you for apologizing, Jisung. I hope you learned something out of it. But we're in this together and we've been doing this for as long as we can remember. And no matter what happens, we die or survive together, okay? So it's fine now, Sungie, don't bet yourself over it." When Chan spoke, he voiced out for everyone. Jisung's their friend and even if he's an sometimes, they couldn't just ditch him. That's not how their friendship worked. And Chan taught them well to always know better than what was necessary. They didn't do it because it was necessary and was just obligated to do it since Jisung was their friend, but they did it because it was the right thing to do.

"Yeah, it's fine, Jisung just please, for the love of God, don't ever do it again if ever we could encounter another nest full of eggs!" Minho said next.

Then Changbin added, "listen to us for once, you still need guidance, you're still childish." His words seemed harsh but there was no real bite in them.

"Hey!" Jisung yelled out weakly, not really in a good shape to retort back, or maybe he got hit by Changbin's words real hard.

"You know, we can't really get mad at you forever, right?" Seungmin also said, now slumping his body back to Minho's side. And Felix gave him one of his sunshiny smiles.

"Thank you, guys." Jisung felt like the luckiest guy in the world for having such wonderful friends in his life.

Chan cleared his throat, "that settled it! Come in here already!" Chan beckoned the younger to settle inside their tent to which Jisung obliged.

They didn't get a wink of sleep that night. They were just sitting in their respective tents without zipping its porch so they could still see each other with the big fire in front of them. And when the fire started to will out, they would pair up and take turns on gathering firewoods around. They had a quick dinner and just talked about anything just to kill time and in hopes that in any minute now, it would be the next day.

Felix managed to take a nap on Bin's shoulder, he just realized that when he woke up. The horizon was now clearer, it meant that it's almost morning. Well, technically, it was. He moved his eyes around without moving his head until he gazed up and found Changbin's already looking down at him.

"Morning, baby." Changbin's smile was warn, it immediately melted his heart, butterflies started to fly around in his belly.

"Good morning too, Binnie. Did you fall asleep at least?" Felix's voice still sounded hoarse.

"I don't know, I don't remember closing my eyes," He paused to chuckle a bit, "it's okay, I'm going to sleep for the entire day when we go back home." It sounded like a promise because it was, Changbin needed them all to go home.

"Will the birds come back to us in the morning? What if they didn't forget what Jisung did to their eggs?"

"I don't know about that, love. Don't stress yourself over this situation too much, we will all go home. Okay?" Changbin turned slightly on the side to properly look at his boyfriend and cupped his rather cold cheeks. He immediately caressed his palms over Felix's cheeks to get his face warm somehow.

Felix just nodded his head in the older's hands and Changbin leaned forward to plant a kiss on the tip of the younger's nose then to his lips.

"You have to stay close to me all the time from now on, hm? So if we run, we will run together, you get it?" Changbin said in a whisper as he looked straight into Felix's starry eyes.

"Yes, hyung."

"I love you." And it was Felix who surged forward first this time and kissed Changbin slowly.

"I love you too." Felix murmured in between their chaste kiss. When they decided to pull away from each other's lips, there's a bright smile on both of their faces, both of their hearts were racing with so much emotion they felt to each other and that nothing mattered to them as if they're in their own world.

They were about to kiss once again if not for someone clearing their throat and it was also when they pulled back down to earth and realized that they were never alone, that they were still trapped in this unknown place with all those giant birds somewhere. The lovely couple looked up to see the intruder.

"Stop on my baby brother's lips already! It's our turn to get firewoods." Minho said in his usual monotone voice.

"Ah, hyung, can you not?" Felix whined as he rolled his eyes at his older brother. Changbin just chuckled because it was the younger who often got shy over this situation when his brother was involved.

"The fire's about to die and if those damn birds will come back and eat us all, see if you can still whine and roll your eyes at me like that." Minho looked like a mother hen softly scolding his little chick, he has his hands on his hips as he glared down at his younger brother, the only thing that's missing was a bandana on his head.

"I'm coming with you two!"

"No, you're not. Stay here." Minho quickly responded sternly with a hard glare this time, directed at Felix.

"I need to be so close with you two so if we needed to run, we run together!" Felix yelled then blinked up at Minho. Changbin felt like an outsider but there's a fond smile onto his face which suddenly faded when Minho's glare diverted to him.

"What are you smiling like a fool for? Are you just gonna let him talk back to me like that?"

"Uh- well, Felix had a point? We should stick toge-"

"I get it, that we- you know what, whatever." Minho scoffed, so done with all the stubborn people in the world, even if they're just his brother and the boyfriend.

"Stay with Seungmin for now." Then Minho said once again to Felix, quietly this time, almost pleading. And thankfully, Felix listened to him. Changbin ruffled the younger's hair before following Minho further into the woods.

 


The two halted their feet from making another step when a loud cry of a bird was heard throughout the woods, but it was more near to their camp site. The two looked to each other with the same fear flashed into their eyes.

"."

Minho and Changbin almost moved identically as they ran very fast back to where they came from. The loud beats of their hearts almost audible as it rung into their ears. Then another croak shriek of the bird just above them rung next to their ears.

"We are . Let's hide, Bin. There! Under that tree!" Minho frantically grab the younger's wrist and continued running just until the big tree only a meter away from them.

They stayed under the tree for some minutes after the bird got bored of just hovering over them and flew off and the two resumed to run again.

Arriving back to the campsite, their tents were like washed away by a big wave, some of their belongings were scattered on the ground, their boats were flipped upside down. There were two birds hovering in the sky and the biggest was stomping its feet right directly on their campfire. The morning came fast that no one seemed to notice how the sky has now became clearer.

"Chan! Where's Felix and Seungmin?!" Minho and Changbin almost yelled at the same time after seeing their leader near where their canoes were flipped over, a shaking Han Jisung beside him. And no sight of Seungmin and Felix.

"They hid somewhere! We have to go back now!"

Minho groaned, "but how? With those animals above us?"

"Hyung!" Everyone looked at the direction of the voice, it was Felix's voice, he called after hearing his brother's voice.

"Baby, are you okay?" Changbin run to the direction of his boyfriend's voice, Minho was behind him but they needed to hide under the tree.

"Lixie, where's Seungmin?" Minho called.

"I'm okay!" Minho loudly exhaled in relief after hearing Seungmin's voice.

Then there's some rustling on the few bushes around until two bodies came into light.

"Get over here! Hurry!" Minho motioned for the two while looking up to the sky, the birds kept on floating there and they were like communicating too. Good thing that the area where they chose to stay the night has lots of big trees around and with the birds having huge body parts, they can't easily slip through the tree tops and onto the ground. Their camp fire spot was the only space with a wide opening from the top.

Felix and Seungmin came out of the bushes to hurriedly join the older two but before they could reach the tree, there's a sudden swish of air hitting them. It was one of the birds above them, flinging its wide wing towards them making Seungmin fell over so he quickly crawled back to the bushes.

"Seungmin!"

"I'm alright! Just hide!" Seungmin's voice rung through the bushes.

"We need a distraction but ing how?" Changbin said, frustrated, Felix was safety tucked beside him. They backed up and pressed themselves against the trunk, heavy breathings were loud to each other's ears. Minho felt like his brain's about to explode from thinking of ways to distract the bird that kept on hovering over them.

Then a sudden deaf tone noise but still loud enough as it echoed around the place. Jisung managed to get brave and got himself a dried branch hitting a canoe to make a noise. He kept on hitting the boat as he screamed so loud that got the birds stopped screeching.

"Heeeyyyy you cowards!!!! Here I ammmm! Face me you motherersss!!!"

Now the three birds were now flying above Jisung, the biggest of the three released a loud hoarse croak as if accepting the challenge, eyes piercing through Jisung's.

While the birds were distracted, Seungmin quickly leaped out of the bushes once again and ran towards and into Minho's already opened arms.

Jisung on the other hand was swallowing a sudden lump in his already dried throat.

"Well, . Here they come, Chan hyung!" He saw how the birds hovered above him, one of them was descending towards him. But before its beak could reach Jisung's hair, there's a loud thud on the ground, they all could feel it shake a little, then a loud cry in pain from the bird which just landed inches away from Jisung.

The bird struggled to stand and flap its wings back to fly upwards leaving a shook Jisung as he stood there near their camp fire. The other two released a loud croak noise before following the wounded one.

Silence fill out the place and only their ragged breathing could be heard. They looked at each other, then to their leader who has an elastic speargun in his hand, a satisfied smile onto his lips. Then there's a loud cheers from the boys.

"Hah! Chan hyung, you shot its heart!" Jisung cheered.

"That old thing has finally served its purpose, I can't believe you still bring that with you, Chan." Minho said happily. Chan always bring it for fishing but he can't also believe that it can also be used against those big things.

The feat was shortly cut off with another croaking sound from afar.

"We need to go!"

They moved through the woods, travelling fast. But they couldn't escape the croaking of the birds. It continued to shriek in the sky. They planned to go back but the birds didn't leave them no choice but to keep on canoeing to the next portage instead of going back to where they've been yesterday. Hurriedly, they shoved off into the next lake at the end of the portage. Each of them was filled with a strange sense of guilt and fear....even foreboding.

On the lake, they automatically fell into a fast paddle. It was as though they were racing against something. Chan's and Jisung's canoes cut through the water in a straight, smooth line. Changbin and Minho followed close behind with Felix and Seungmin riding with them respectively.

"You think, there are other people who ever came here before us?" Seungmin asked behind Minho.

"I think so or I don't know, this place apparently didn't exist."

They stopped talking when they heard the flapping of strong wings against the air in the sky above them. Just before it began its dive, the giant bird screamed out its eerie call.

The two in front stopped paddling and turned around. They saw a huge bird diving down, straight down onto Minho's canoe. Its body was pointing like a spear at their bodies. They saw Seungmin cowering low and pressed his body against his own boyfriend's back.

At the last second, Minho swung the boat to one side. The bird plunged into the water two feet away. A wave of water almost swamped the canoe, Seungmin started screaming but was muffled by Minho's back.

"Hold onto me!" Minho instructed to Seungmin and when he felt the younger's hands around his waist, he started paddling forward as fast as his strength could still muster.

Changbin's canoe were also swayed by the force of the wave, same as Seungmin, Felix behind Changbin was screaming too. They were now a bit far from the others but Changbin started to paddle his way back to their friends. Even Chan and Jisung turned around towards them.

"No, I can manage it! You two should go ahead, we're an easy target if we stayed too close to each other!" Changbin yelled to Chan and Jisung who in return nodded their heads but before they could turn their boat back, the bird resurfaced twenty feet away and then took off again into the air. This time, it has no fish in its beak. The six of them knew that they're its target, they're its prey now. Fortunately, it didn't come back. At least that's for now.

They moved out their canoes across the lake, paddled mechanically. They couldn't let themselves think of the bird. They couldn't let themselves think at all.

For two more hours they pushed on. This was a big lake and Chan headed them to its furthest point. Finally, they touched shore on a small island. They started to pull their canoes up but were frozen when they heard a loud croak noise from a far.

"Oh, God, when will they stop?" Felix said, almost shaking as he eyed his boyfriend.

"We're its preys now." Chan said, "hurry, let's get further into the wood and under those big trees."

They ran into the woods for some minutes, leaving their boats behind, expecting more trees but they came onto a clearing. What they saw made them stop short but no one said a word. No one knew what to say. It was a deserted campsite. Three tents were pitched. A cooking kettle hung over a burnt-out fire. Camping equipment sat around the clearing. So, there were other people who came here. But this campsite- it looked as though the people had just disappeared, leaving everything behind.

"I don't like this," Seungmin said, hands around his own frame.

"Me either." Felix seconded, pressed against Changbin's side.

"Let's get out of here." Jisung too said.

"Wait a minute, are those canoes?" Chan pointed to something not too far from where the tents pitched.

"I think so, they're like us too? What happened here, why do you think they left and leave their stuff behind? And their boats are all here." Minho wondered, all the things he experienced for the past hours exhausted him.

"This campsite looked like just a few days old." Changbin commented quietly.

"Hm, they didn't even take their sleeping bags." Jisung once again said, coming out of one of the tents, "everything is set up for them to go to bed...but they didn't, I guess." He then shrugged his shoulders, he's too hungry for this. He didn't want to think and to analyze what had happened here.

They didn't noticed something above them, just quietly flying as if it's floating in the air and was ready to land whenever. Seungmin widened his eyes upon realizing a sudden sound of a flapping wings.

"Hide! It's coming towards us!" Everyone wasn't ready, they just scrambled away from each other or that's what Jisung thought when he  seemed to be frozen on his spot. Because when he spun around and tilted his head upwards, there's a huge bird with its claws on display, ready to clamp on his shoulders. He just closed his eyes and waited, accepted his fate.

But there were no claws that clamp on his shoulders but a cold hand on his waist and suddenly his body was manhandled on the side. There's a loud thud on the ground and a frustrated cry from the bird as it flew back up in the sky again.

"Thank you, Chan, you saved me! I could kiss you right now." Jisung released a breathe, he didn't know he's holding. Chan managed to drag himself and Jisung under a big tree.

"Nope, Woojin won't like that."

"Ugh, can you at least humor me, your boyfriend's not here anyway." Jisung grinned, Chan thought and wondered how come Jisung could still joke around after his near death experience.

"Nope, I don't like you like that, no Offence." Chan said honestly, a big grin onto his face.

"Outch, I'm definitely offended." Jisung slightly pouted.

"Stop joking around, we have a situation here, in case you forgot? We have to find the others." Chan groaned. It's morning now, the sky was clearer, it's not hard to find their friends. It was only the time that Jisung noticed that the others were not with them.

"Oh, . They ran fast huh, leaving us behind?"

"I would too if I didn't see your frozen ."

"Heh. Thanks, hyung. Seriously."

"It's fine, Sungie, now let's go find the others. Hopefully, that annoying bird will never come back."


On the other side of the woods where nothing like that bird's cry could be heard anymore, Minho and Seungmin just ran fast after the latter had snatched the former's wrist earlier. Seungmin panicked seeing the bird flew down to them, grabbed his man's wrist and just ran. And now they're here, still in the same place as their friends but under a different tree.

"Seungmin, I think I don't have other time to say this to you." Minho could feel their time was getting shorter and shorter. He still wondered about what happened in this campsite, where were the people? Were they eaten by that bird? All possible thoughts swarming into his head and he didn't know what to do. He still loved the feeling of Seungmin's hand around his wrist, he still loved to experience this under different circumstances but he still didn't know if they could escape from here.

"What?" Seungmin's voice was a little hoarse, it was a sign that he was dehydrated. Minho knew him too well. It's just too bad, they didn't have anything with them, their bags were all left behind on the previous portage.


"That I love you, I'm in love with you." Minho slowly turned his face to look at the younger whose face was just inches away from his.

"You have to say that now?" They have kissed, made out even, have ed and all those crazy and things included, they have done that together but Minho never ever said or confessed he loved Seungmin, as in verbally. He just let his action decide. He just kinda assumed  Seungmin would know, that he knew and didn't need those words being actually said to him.

"What if we die here and have never ever said that? St. Peter won't let me through the gates of heaven if I have unsaid words for you."

"God, Minho, we're not in the ing movies! This is real life, actors die in thriller movies but this is real life, no one is dying today, or ever."

"You sounded like Jisung."

"What the ! Gah, just-" Seungmin cut himself off because maybe he too will never ever have the time again to kiss the other so he leaned in and hungrily kissed Minho.

When they pulled away for air, Minho has the widest grin on his face, if they're in a much more relax situation, Seungmin would've appreciated the look on the older's face, would've made Minho him even, but they're not even in their room. They're in the middle of ing nowhere.

"So, do you love me too, Kim Seungmin?"

"Geez, yes, Minho! I thought I made it clear years ago?"

Minho smiled at him warmly, kissed Seungmin's lips this time but it was slow and tender. It really did a difference when they said the L word out loud.

"Say it back?" Minho was always demanding but this time he didn't sound as one, instead it was a soft request. Seungmin can't even get mad, God, he was so whipped for this man.

"I love you too, Minho. I- I want us to be alive, please?"

Minho released another sigh of relief, it really did feel different when Seungmin said it back and out loud to him. If they will come out of here, he will annoy the younger with those words every freaking day. He pecked the younger's lips in assurance.

"Well, first, let's find the others. I hope they're okay, I- I hope Lixie is okay." He didn't see anyone after they have ran to a different direction.

"Hey, Bin will always keep him safe." Seungmin tapped Minho's cheek softly with his palm and leaned forward to share a chaste kiss once again.

Somehow, luck was on their side, Minho and Seungmin made their way back to the deserted campsite they have found earlier and the others were already there. Felix was the first one to spot them.

"Hyung! Oh gosh, I'm glad you're okay! And Seungmin, you too!" Felix ran and collided his body against his older brother's while managing to grab Seungmin's hands.

"Good to see you too, baby, I'm glad you're okay as well." Minho said affectionately, hugging his baby brother tighter.

Seungmin's has a fond gaze while looking at his best friend and boyfriend hugging. He gave a warm smile to Felix as well.

"Good to see Changbin hyung's keeping you safe, Lixie!"

"Ah, Minnie! Everything happened so fast, I didn't even know it was Changbin hyung I was with!"

Seungmin chuckled, "yeah, yeah, I know."

"Right, let's continue the reunion at home?" Chan suggested, a grin on his face uniform to Jisung beside him.

"We would love to." Seungmin and Felix answered at the same time.

Fortunately, there's no more huge birds hovering over them as they paddled their way back using the canoes there. Jisung was now hitching with Chan's boat. Three canoes were lined up in perfect line paddled together out of this place, towards their base camp.

"I'm sorry, guys, for everything a-and especially for-" he shut his eyes closed tightly, not letting a single tear out of his eyes not because he wouldn't want his friends to find him being a coward, a crybaby, or something but he sincerely was sorry for not listening to Felix at that time, he should have left those eggs alone. He sighed to calm down, found a way to make his hand busy by pulling the hem of Chan's t-shirts on the back.

"I should have listened to Lixie." Jisung said finally.

"I couldn't say it's alright, Sung, because what we have encountered there was hell, we're just lucky we got out of there." Changbin replied first, letting out a sigh before he continued, "but....you're not Jisung if you're not an ." The last statement made everyone laugh except Jisung.

"Hey!" He had a pout on his voice and a soft glare directed at Changbin on their right to which the other man just grinned.

"It's a fact, Sung, you should try to accept it- hey!" Changbin's canoe wobbled as he jerked his hand with his paddles when Jisung splashed him with water. Felix just giggled behind him.

"Ah, seriously, stop that! You'll gonna wet Lixie too! Stop!" The others chuckled at Changbin's misfortune.

"I see, using Lixie now to make me stop huh.." But Jisung did stop splashing water to poor Changbin.

When the cacklings around had stopped, Changbin sported a serious face again, clearing his throat before adding something, "I want to thank you as well for making that brave distraction to save Lixie and Seungmin. That was really brave of you, for once you did something right, huh?"

"Ey, it was already nice and sentimental, why must you add that last part. Tsk."

"Truth hurts."

Jisung sighed, "it was an impulse, I would do it again to save any of you." The others awe'd at him but he deliberately ignored them.

"But it was partly Chan's idea because he had a plan, I just did my part to create a distraction." Jisung smiled to himself.

"Oh! I just realized I lost my speargun!"

Everyone seemed to laugh hard at Chan's sudden statement. The thing was so old fashioned and manual with a rubber to shoot its spear but Chan personally liked it still and see? It helped them somehow. It was an impulse to buy that in a thrift shop, didn't have any idea why that thing was there but it got Chan hooked the first time he laid his eyes on it.

"At first, I was shocked seeing you packed it with your other stuff and I was wondering why the hell would you still bring it? But I guess, it has its purpose. It saved us all at that moment." Seungmin remembered that exact moment, it caused a shiver down to his spine as he laid his chin over Minho's shoulder.

"Yeah, well, I didn't remember how I lose it." Chan said lastly, a sad frown plastered onto his face, anyone other than them who could see him right now, they would think that he just lost a pet or something. But guess, the topic about Chan's now lost speargun ended there when a sudden shift of attention was now on Seungmin who's murmuring something into Minho's ear.

"Should I paddle now?"

Minho even whispered back that they looked so domestic.

"No, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yep."

"You two seemed closer now huh. Finally figured your together? Hyung's even wearing Seungminie's clothes." Jisung said in a monotone voice but a fond look was present onto his face, he's happy for these two to figure out whatever weird they're acting.

Minho turned to glare at Jisung but it was just for a while after seeing everyone's fond look directed at him and Seungmin.

"Tsk, we're always this close, thank you very much." He calmed down when he received a giggle and a kiss onto his shoulder from Seungmin. All was good.

Miraculously, they came back to their base camp, decided to cut their trip short to travel back home, carrying the same fear when they were still in that place. But they knew, eventually, they will move on little by little until they could laugh again without getting haunted by their experience on this certain trip.

 

 

One week later, everyone was gathered in Chan's and his boyfriend's apartment, they always did this kind of staying over at Chan's once a week when they're not travelling or busy managing their own businesses.

Chan's living room was full of laughter, apparently, Felix got teased by his best friend. He got teased for being so forgetful because he forgot his cellphone in his seat when they got out of the van. Seungmin found it and put the device in his coat pocket and deal with it later. And later was happening not long after they got settled inside the house when Felix started to pat every pocket of his pants and coat.

"Uhm, where's my phone?"

Minho just bought that, they all actually got new phones since theirs were long forgotten in the place that they've been but it wasn't worth mentioning for. They didn't have anything as they fled away from that place except each other and the canoes that they didn't even own.

"Maybe you didn't bring it." Changbin answered without leaving his eyes from Chan's laptop.

"No, I'm sure I brought it with me, I even used it in the car. Seungminie, do you happen to see it on your way out of the car?"

Seungmin was occupying the space beside his boyfriend on Chan's couch, his head was laying on Minho's chest while one of the older's arms was wrapped around the younger's middle.

"No." Seungmin answered but his sudden mischievous smile betrayed him and it was at this moment that Felix knew what's the matter.

"Ah, Minnie! Give me back my phone, please?" Felix walked towards the couch and hovered over the two figures in it.

"I don't have your phone."

"I know that smile, come on! Hyung, please help me." Minho had his eyes closed, feeling the warmth of his boyfriend against his body, the corner of his lips tugged upwards.

"Sorry, baby, you're on your own now." It made Felix whine more as he stomped his feet cutely on the floor before he started to check Seungmin's pockets.

Seungmin took pity and finally gave the device to his best friend.

"Forgetful already at this young? Did you two always use the withdrawal method? You know, when you do it with Changbin," whispering now, "did he pull out before- aw what? I was just asking!" Seungmin just laughed at the weak punches Felix threw at him. Felix was flushing but not because of what Seungmin said was true, he forgot his phone just this time and it has nothing to do with how he did it with his Changbin. Seungmin was just being annoying.

"I hate you." Felix said, pouting at his best friend. The others just softly laughed at Felix.

"It's okay, your brother loves me so..." While Felix continued to pout, Minho has a small smile on his lips and if the arm that's been wrapped around Seungmin's tummy slightly tightened comfortably, only Seungmin knew and felt that.

"Please, stop teasing my boyfriend, thank you very much." Changbin said in the background as Felix continued to whine.

They found out that that place was out in the map, and it was weird when Chan just found it out when he was scanning on his phone to find possible places for camping. No, they were in the right place but no one knew that it has an adjacent island that wasn't found in the map. Whatever, they were over it. They have escaped from there and they all survived and that's what mattered most.

One of the reasons why they have gathered here at Chan's was to create an article about the place so if other people happened to find the place for a possible camping, they will have a some sort of warning.

They themselves found a few articles and comments later saying that there were people went missing after a plan to visit in that certain region. Then they think of resting, decided to no canoeing for a few months or just stopped for good. Anyway they've been travelling and canoeing to lots of lakes and seas alike for a while now, they're pretty content with their adventures so far. The only adventure that they didn't have a single photo was the recent one, all of their belongings were left behind but they thought they can live with that. Still living and breathing was way more better than the photo or the personal stuff that got left behind anyway.

 


On the other part of the world, six months later, there's another group of young lads who were finding and searching a good place for camping in the internet and they found a prospect, or one of them found a good place.

"Oh wow, guys, there's this place that's good for camping! We can even go there by  canoeing!"

Then all of the other friends came and huddled together in front of the laptop   screen.

"You can't be serious, there's articles about that place, maybe it's a bad idea
They're all negative."

"What article? You mean those six articles? Those were just meh. Maybe they're the only people who didn't enjoy the place and we can't know that unless we experience it ourselves."

"Come on, man, maybe those six were the only ones who got there and survived, the first one stated that people went missing there. Let's find another place. These were made just a few months ago."

"You are all a bunch of ! I'm going there." He said, his decision was final coz he really liked the place, ideal for canoeing and camping. He will go there with or without his coward friends.

"It also said that mosquitoes there were like mean than the ones here.... and you hate mosquitoes..." Another guy said, he said the last part quietly since the man in question was out of the door, he shared a look with his other friends still present in the room.

" it." The rest followed their leader out of the door.

They didn't even read the articles fully, just lazily skimming over the words, they didn't reach to the part where it talked about those monster birds. And yes, people went there and most of them didn't survive...but they didn't know that.