tolerate it (SeungMinho)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

Seungmin is insisting to himself that he wants to cook for something that he can share with his boyfriend later for their valentine's date. They had no plan on going out today since Minho still has shift at work and a bit late when he'll get home, but they talked about  a simple dinner date at the older's place in the evening. And here he insists in cooking even though God knows how bad he is in the kitchen. But after reading the recipe on his phone, he decided that it was easy to make- at least that's what he thought. He was very excited when he entered the older's flat a few minutes ago. When the recipe includes frying a meat where he needs to use a cooking oil, chaos ensues.

"Hmm...is it hot enough?" Seungmin mumbles onto himself, eyeing the calm oil in the pan. He then shrugs and unceremoniously puts the large portion of meat into the pan, he doesn't acknowledge the fact that the liquid will splash like crazy. And when it does, Seungmin flinches in shock and from the little raindrops of hot oil onto his skin, not totally thinking that something like this would happen. He hisses at the feeling and unconsciously drops the laddle he is holding and it clatters on the counter just beside the stove and to his misfortune, the back of his left hand grazes the edge of the rather hot pan before he could even move to back away from the stove.

"Ugh, what the-" He hisses quietly, momentarily forgetting what he was doing there as he tends to the burn on his arm. There is now a reddish oblong-sized bruise onto his left wrist and on the other were little red dots scattered on the skin. He is at least a meter away from the stove now and that's the scene that greets Minho when he comes home earlier than intended.

Minho's eyes widen at the blaring fire on the stove, splattering noises of something in the pan was what he hears at first then his boyfriend's hushed hisses.

"What the , Kim Seungmin. I told you to wait for me!"

"Sorry." Seungmin says dejectedly as he softly rubs his own skin, he feels the burn more. He doesn't notice Minho's appearance at all, the older immediately goes to lower down the flame of the stove.

Minho sighs, drops the grocery bags on the counter and tends his boyfriend. While looking at Seungmin's current mood, Minho feels bad for slightly raising his voice at him earlier. Well, he's not that worried of something unimaginable that Seungmin could do to his kitchen, he is more worried with his stubborn boyfriend.

"I should go, you probably are tired and-" I ruined the occasion already, his mind supplies.

"Kim Seungmin, that's not what we have planned yesterday."

"I-I know, it's just- Valentine's day is just nothing, we can just skip it."

"I'm not worried over the possibility of you setting my goddamn apartment on fire, I am more worried about you. You know, you don't have to try things you're not comfortable about doing just to please me. With you right here even if you just sit here and be pretty, that would be enough for me." Minho is nagging, just skip all the words that made Seungmin flush.

Seungmin lowers down his head in slight shame and also to hide his red face, it's not like it's the first time hearing his boyfriend utter words like that but it still makes his heart flutter.

"Alright. I'll just sit here then."

Minho chuckles, this is one of those moments that he could actually witness how his boyfriend turns into a puppy coz he's like one as of the moment. Minho then raises Seungmin's hand near his mouth and kisses the red part on his wrist, that does make Seungmin feel better but it even makes him blush harder.

"Sit here or you can watch me..."

"I'll just sit here...I don't wanna cause any more trouble-" Seungmin is rudely cut off by the pair of lips pressed against his but he kisses back nonetheless, well he turns it into a kiss before Minho could even pull away. Thankfully, Minho plays along and wraps his arms around the younger's waist to pull him closer to his body. Seungmin is a weak, weak man so he wraps his own arms as well around the older's neck. He doesn't remember the burning feeling on his wrist anymore coz what he's feeling right now is his racing heart and a giddy feeling in his gut. They make out for quite some time, when one pulls away the other chases forward so it's going to be a long night but neither of them minds it.

When they decide to let oxygen win and pull away from each other's swollen lips to breathe, Minho cups the younger's face so he could look at him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you earlier, I was just so worried over you. I don't want you to feel obligated to do anything for me especially if you're not comfortable of doing such things. I don't mind having a boyfriend who cannot cook for his life coz that's my job. You know that, right?"

"Hyung, my heart is racing...I think I fell in love with you more." Seungmin grins.

"Ah, seriously, Seungmin!"

"Alright, alright! I know that, of course. That is why I love you. You're the best boyfriend ever. Happy Valentine's day, sorry for being such a er boyfriend. I just wanted to make something coz you're always the one who makes effort while I'm just receiving it but it turned out to be a disaster."

Minho sighs, this conversation would never going to end if they keep on talking about this, "stop that, it's not a disaster...and you can always do something for me, anything else that you're comfortable with."

"Fine! I'll be your videographer in the coming shoot of your dance then." Minho's eyes seem to sparkle at the idea, he longs to ask his boyfriend about it anyway but he doesn't want to bother the younger when he has his own studies to focus on.

"If that'll not mess up with your schedule." Minho sounds hopeful and Seungmin just smiles, of course he would make time for the other. Every choreographer in Minho's work needs to shoot a dance video to be posted on their social media for promotional purposes and the older knows he has the best videographer boyfriend for that but he just seems to have a little bit of trouble in asking him.

"I'll make time for you..." Seungmin simply answers as he presses his forehead to the other's.

"Okay then, that's settled." Minho pecks the younger's lips once more before he continues, "and I love you too, Seungmin. Happy valentine's day." Seungmin giggles before diving back to claiming Minho's lips.

 

 

Minho's done putting ice on the burn of Seungmin's wrist and he's in the middle of preparing their dinner with his younger's boyfriend plastered on his back. He doesn't mind the extra weight on his back though, it feels comforting, Seungmin is so warm against him.

"You know, I can teach you myself if you're interested in cooking." He says suddenly, and Seungmin just shoves his face into the crook of the older's neck.

"No, I'd rather starve. I realized how dangerous I am in the kitchen or I was endangered inside a kitchen." Seungmin says quickly and sighing afterwards in total defeat, accepting the fact that he will never be good in the kitchen.

Minho's booming laugh resonates around the apartment, "well, I'll always cook for you then."

"That's a very bright idea, babe...I love that better."