Once Upon A Night (Changlix)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

There was a boy named Changbin. He was a lonely boy. He was lonely for too long already that he was hopeless he might not have someone meant for him. All of his friends were already having a partner. He was so jealous of them. Chan has Woojin, they had met at their university's music room and they clicked. They acted like a married couple, it was  always a scene to be seen when they're together, but Changbin was happy for them. Then, there's Jisung, this boy was almost the definition of "careless" but man his carelessness brought him Hyunjin, his now boyfriend. They met at a café—or Jisung's careless bumped and gone straight into the arms of Hyunjin, and they too have clicked. He was happy for his friends and he felt alone, he thought he was being left behind.

This ain't a fairytale that will magically give him someone to love him to save his lonely . This ain't a fairytale that started with "once upon a time" and ended with "they lived happily ever after."

But there was one night, after saving all his work for the day in his computer, he exited the studio and found himself seated in a bus. His ride was just like any other rides when he went home...or so he thought.

At the first stop, few students have hurriedly came in the bus and find their own seats. One guy—no a kid, Changbin thought, has took his seat beside him. He wore a school uniform and he looked sleepy. He didn't realize that he has smiled upon seeing the sleepy boy beside him. He's pouty and he looked cute like that, it amused Changbin by just looking at the kid who's now sitting beside him. The boy has freckles, he still saw them scattered on his handsome face thanks to the bus' light, and oh boy Changbin is such a er of freckles. The freckled boy sighed and got himself comfortable with his seat.

Changbin pretended to look unmoving like he's not bothered by the angel beside him, of how cute he looked like that when he's sleepy. School might be a pain in the for this kid today. After a few moments, he took a glance to the boy beside him. The freckled angel (Changbin feels like a gross hopeless for giving nicknames to a stranger—but hey, don't blame him when the boy looked like one) was already asleep. He even looked more cuter when he's asleep like this, his cute mouth was slightly open. He wanted to take a picture but didn't want to be a creep (when he's already one by just staring at this boy but who cares?).

A few minutes later, the bus suddenly stopped and the boy was seconds away from kissing the back of the seat in front of him if Changbin was not fast enough to hold him. The movement woke the boy up. Changbin thought that the boy might realized what had happened because he suddenly blushed. He was so cute—too cute, it made Changbin smiled.

"Thanks.."

Changbin was more surprised that this cute angel has a deep voice. But he managed to not show his excitement, he cleared his throat.

"No problem."

It went silent again, Changbin guessed that the boy beside him was asleep again. He took another glance beside him and he was right, the boy was asleep. His head was kinda tilted in a weird way that made Changbin worried, it will hurt when he wakes up. His head has kept on swaying from side to side as the bus moved. Changbin was really concerned over the boy's neck—or to the boy himself.

He swallowed hard and took the boy's cheek on his hand, wow his cheek was soft too. He guided the sleeping boy's head on his shoulder so that he will be comfortable. The boy's breathe tickled his neck but he held himself grounded on his seat to not wake the boy up. Changbin suddenly smiled, he has a sleeping angel on his shoulder, he always wished of doing this to someone. Hey, he is romantic—or chessy, whatever it was  called, although his friends had called him dark guy. He loved dark but it didn't mean he cannot be romantic or chessy.

Changbin's thought got cut off by the boy that has stirred a little. Changbin stiffened when the sleeping boy nestled his face into Changbin's neck. He was not prepared for this. He could feel the other's lips—that kissable and pouty lips—on the side of his neck. He swallowed hard. His heart beats too fast to be a normal beating. It might sound cliche but he was afraid if the boy on his shoulder will hear his beating heart and wake up.

Changbin wasbeven worried because it was almost his stop. He didn't want to wake the boy up. He didn't want to say goodbye to him yet. But he has no choice, it's already his stop. He sighed, he's about to wake the sleeping boy but he saw the other's eyes have fluttered open. The boy hummed and realized that he was leaning against the boy beside him.

Felix on the other hand, blushed hard as he pulled away from Changbin's shoulder. He suddenly jolted up from his seat when he also realized that it was his stop.

"S-sorry...oh, it's my stop!"

Changbin wanted to call the other boy to wait up but he was already out of the bus. He was amused by the shocked reaction that had plastered on the other boy's freckled face. Changbin then has quickly stood up from his seat before the bus' door has closed.

"Wait!"

The freckled boy didn't stop. Oh god, the same guy from the bus was calling him, Felix thought. He half walked and half jogged without sparing a glance behind him. Wait, did he get off the bus just to follow him or—

"Freckles!"

And that made Felix halt, he was frozen at the moment. Did that hot guy (yes, he found him hot) just call him freckles? Did he call for me Or was he hearing things? He could still feel how warm his cheeks were. He was hungry and sleepy and he was stressed too. Too many projects, assignments and dead lines at school, maybe he was just imagining things. He sighed when he remembered the embarrassment he just felt in the bus ride a while ago.


Changbin panted hard beside the boy where he stopped walking/running. Unaware of the other boy's internal crisis, he turned to look at him, "gosh, lucky you for having long legs huh." He also grinned at the boy.

"Sorry—but, did you just call me freckles?"

"Yeah. You have beautiful freckles by the way."

Felix was taken aback by the other's sincere voice. Only his friends have appreciated his freckles. Other people seemed to find distaste of them on his face, that's why he often covered them with make up. Only today that he forgot to put on make up to cover his freckles because he woke up late this morning. But this guy just called his freckles beautiful. He was now aware how his heart was beating so fast when he was not walking or running anymore. He felt butterflies—they say—fluttered inside his stomach.

"I'm Changbin. I didn't know such a cutie living in the same district as I am." Changbin could mentally pat his self for doing such a good job at flirting—no awkwardness and stuttering . It's now or he never will be brave like this ever again. And judging by the flustered face of the other, he could consider his flirtings as effective.

"I—uh—I'm Felix." Felix was very awake now. Changbin's smile radiated such warmth that it made him more alive and awake all of a sudden. That warmth somehow has spread on his face once again. God, how many times did he blush tonight? Just because of the same guy? And to make the situation much worse, his stomach has released a very embarrassing sound that he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him alive. He's not sleepy anymore but is still hungry. Damn. He sighed in defeat and yet again, in embarrassment. He even checked his pulse on his neck if he's still alive.

Changbin chuckled, "cute. Don't worry, Felix, that didn't turn me off. You're too cute for that." And  Changbin had insisted to bring Felix to the seven-eleven store near them to have some snacks, the other's not complaining, he just once again flushed hard and Changbin had to hold himself from smooching the other's red cheeks—he held himself from doing it, maybe next time. For sure, next time.

And if they exchanged phone numbers before saying their goodbye's, nobody has to know.