Before the Petals Fall (HyunSung)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

Jisung and Hyunjin became a thing out of the blue, they were never friends even though they're in the same friend group but they're not strangers to each other as well. The two of them were the only ones single out of the eight of them, you can say that they're jumping into a sudden relationship out of peer pressure. 

Hyunjin, despite of being handsome, no one ever wanted a serious relationship with him and his family and his family's friends in business were pestering him about his love life. While Jisung, lowkey funny of the group, loved to tease and prank his friends, he was pranked once by his said friends in return and that's where his and Hyunjin's relationship came into light. Long story short, their so called relationship was just a product of a prank/a joke.

Being in a so-so relationship with Hyunjin was miraculously nice, he has something to call as boyfriend. Sometimes, they shared the same brain cells and sentiments. Momentarily, Hyunjin was glad he's family stop pestering him about his love life because he can proudly say that he has a boyfriend now.

"Hey, Sung, did Hyunjin tell you that we have an outing this weekend?"

"Uhm, no..."

"Oh..we specifically told him to tell you about it right away." Felix scoffed, almost exasperated.

Jisung sighed, "you know him, he only wanted me for show, someone to call as his boyfriend."

"Er..what are you saying? I'm sure that's not it."

The two friends talking didn't notice that Hyunjin was there just behind them and heard everything. For the first time, Hyunjin felt something new to him, something like guilt but not really? Half guilt, half pity? He wasn't sure, he just backed away and left the space. He came to see and talk to the eldest of their group.

"I think Jisung started to pick up what's happening between us, you know the things that I've been doing?" Hyunjin has been the happiest to show Jisung off to all of his family's friends through family dinners or family parties. They did go out for a date once in a while but most of the times, they're with the gang. He never really asked Jisung out for a date for only the two of them.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know."

"Well, do you wanna keep him? If not, you know you can just tell him that, right?" Hyunjin was speechless.

Hyunjin never thought this through and he never thought he would come to this situation. He just thanked Chan and since it's almost time, he was out of his sight to find Jisung. They didn't even go to lunch together, like it's never new.

Hyunjin found Jisung still in one of the table in the school canteen, slumping into the table with God knows what he's doing, he can see a pen in his right hand. But he looked like he's one second from face planting onto the table, a common sight that he only found out just now as cute.

"Ji! You know, you can just stop what you're doing and take a nap first or something." Jisung didn't even flinch, just sleepily looked up to him then sighing.

"I wish I can, with all these homeworks, it's impossible to do that." Jisung said weakly motioning for the scattered books and notebooks in front of him.

"They're called homeworks for a reason, Sung."

"Hey! It's not like you're doing your homeworks at home either."

"I did mine last night." Hyunjin said with a smirk and the other just pursed his lips together, out of words. He then gave out a weak scoff.

"Whatever." Jisung mumbled resigningly then started to collect all his things and put them all in his bag in one swift movement.

"Uh..did you eat your lunch?" Hyunjin found himself asking.

"Yeah, you?" Jisung replied, not looking at him.

"Me too. Uhm- it's almost time, uh anyway, see you later. Let's meet up later and go home together?" It's the first time in six months that Hyunjin is doing this . And surprisingly, Jisung said yes. And more surprisingly, when he leaned down to plant a kiss on top of Jisung's head. He can feel the younger freeze and he didn't bother to check on him as he immediately retreated towards the exit of the canteen.

 

Jisung walked like a zombie, maybe he looked like one too. He really felt so tired and hungry as well but the former was the strongest. He just wanted to go home, sleep and never wake up again but he guessed, he's not the one making decision for that last part. After saying goodbye to his friends, he walked straight out of the school gate and called a cab. He didn't wait for the bus, he really just wanted to go home fast.

He had entered the door of his home when he remembered Hyunjin.

"!" He quickly fished out his phone, when he found Hyunjin's contact, he pressed on it and called him.

In the first ring, Hyunjin answered, "hey, did you arrive home?"

"Yes. I- uh, I'm sorry, hyung. I forgot that we should go home together." Hyunjin lived not far from the division where Jisung lived and the younger thought that maybe that's the reason with that sudden request of the older earlier.

"It's okay. At least you did get home safe. I understand, you looked like you're a second away from falling onto the ground earlier." Jisung could almost hear the humor on the older's voice, it somehow made him feel okay for a bit as it caused him to smile.

"Yeah, I'm really worn out and sleepy and I just wanted to go home fast and you know, hybernate." He joked back.

"It's not even hybernating season, but okay, I understand. Go on then, get some sleep."

"Okay. Where are you?"

"I'm already riding a bus as we speak."

"Okay." End of the call, it felt strange but it's not weird.

Jisung almost dove his face into his bed as he struggled to pull off his shoes and once he did, he lazily swam into his blanket and curled into a ball. Finally, he's in his bed and so he slept.

 

Hyunjin contemplated whether to go straight home or straight to Jisung's first. He's not so sure why the sudden urge to go to the younger's when he knew Jisung's probably sleeping now. But the sudden urge to visit Jisung won his heart and pressed the button before the bus can turn the curve into Hyunjin's subdivision.

If he wanted to go to Jisung's apartment, at least he would bring something to eat, he thought. Knowing that Jisung's sleeping now, he probably will skip his dinner. That idiot, Hyunjin thought and without knowing, there's a foolish smile grew onto his lips as he trekked the way towards the little market.

He bought a box of blueberry cheesecake and thought of wanting to cook dinner for Jisung, it was just a decision on impulse but he kinda liked it so he bought ingredients and proceeded to call for a cab to Jisung's apartment. Thankfully, since they're in the same friend group, they have this kind of routine about scheduling visits, so at least he knew where Jisung lived. He's not that bastard of a boyfriend, or so he thought.


Jisung woke up to a very dark room, he blinked into the darkness and when conciousness hit him, he sat up and pulled himself out of his bed to blindly walk to a corner to switch on his lights. Then he stretched his limbs out- or trying to, he felt his arms crack in time with a loud tonk that came from the window.

"Oh, !"

That's not really new to him, there's this big tree beside the building with its branches poking against his window, of all the windows and rooms in this two-story studio apartment, the tree decided to grow just beside his room. It's unfortunate but the tree was there when he first rent out the particular room. He's always suffering when the weather's windy and the braches will hit his window hard making him jump everytime.

tonk!

There was it again, but something's off. It's not even windy today. He walked towards his window so he could see what could it be and it turned out to be a human in a form of his boyfriend grinning as he sat onto the branch that's nearer to the window. There's grocery bags slung around his arms.

"Hi, sorry, did I wake you up?"

"Hyunjin, what the are you doing there?" Jisung asked incredously, blinking for a few times as if clearing his sight, you know, maybe he's just dreaming.

"What do you think?" Hyunjin's grin never faltering, sweats were also glistening on his forehead.

"I don't know that's why I'm asking! How do you even get up there?" Jisung unconciously with wide eyes looking down from the trunk of the tree to the branch where Hyunjin was currently perched on. Jisung didn't bother even if he's shouting a little bit louder than his default shouting tone. People living in this studio apartment came home really late except for him, he's the only student living here.

"Just help me with these?" Hyunjin sighed dismissively and ed his arm into Jisung's direction for him to take the bags, there's at least a half meter distance from the branch to Jisung's window.

Jisung moved quickly in reaching for the bags and hastily put them on the floor to reach his hands out for Hyunjin to take. He helped the older into his window and when they're standing face to face, Jisung could only sigh. He thought he felt relaxed after that power nap he just took but after seeing Hyunjin's shenanigans..but he didn't say anything about it, instead he brought up his hands to Hyunjin's forehead and wiped off his sweats using his bare hands, noticing that he's still in his uniform, it's not that Jisung's not in the same uniform but still, he already napped...but what did Hyunjin still do at those hours? He can imagine that he's been asleep for almost two hours, he thought Hyunjin could have been home at that time.

"What are you doing here? Why are you still in your uniform?"

"I could ask the same thing." Hyunjin grinned and Jisung can't help but noticed how the older's been grinning for a few times already today and that's just in a span of what- two or three minutes?

"You know what, forget it. Just what are these?" Jisung shifted his attention back to the bags laid on the floor and took them one by one and brought it to his eye level.

"I brought dinner."

Jisung pulled his hands down and let them rest on his side with the bags and looked up at the older, there's silence between them as they held eye contact but it was just a brief moment before Jisung looked away.

"You know for starters, you could have just knock on the door, right? Why must you climb a tree with all these bags with you?" Sometimes Jisung could wonder why somebody else didn't want to be with him and that's Jisung's the only crazy one to do so.

"I tried. The only thing nearest your bed is your window." Fair enough, maybe Jisung's really that tired. Once he's tired he's dead to the world, even a volcanic eruption can't wake him up.

"Just- come on.." Jisung walked out of the bedroom, he could feel Hyunjin's following him, and into the kitchenette and turned the lights on, he put all the bags, three in total, on the counter sink. And even if he got a slight sight of the box of his favorite cheesecake, he still can't help but ask due to the crazy beats his heart was making.

"What's this?" Yep, stupid question. Hyunjin bought him his favorite cheesecake. He didn't even think Hyunjin would remember.

"Blueberry cheesecake, please tell me that's the one?" Hyunjin made his eyes even more smaller while waiting for Jisung's reply. While Jisung purposely ignored his question and shifted his gaze back to the familiar box because if he kept on looking Hyunjin, he could tip his toes and kiss him. You know, Jisung fell in love with the smallest things, how much more if it's his favorite snacks?

"I thought you said you brought dinner?" Jisung asked back instead, just a mere whisper but Hyunjin still heard him nonetheless. The older started to unpack the other bags and Jisung could see meat, spices and veggies from there.

"Just something for you to munch on while I make dinner."

And that's when Jisung's ears were ringing due to the loudness of his heartbeats as he fumbled on the box of his favorite treat, there's a wide smile on his lips that he tried hard to hide but failed and a warmth  of his chest seemed to spread up to his neck and ears. Thankfully, Hyunjin didn't notice any of it since he's busy fumbling on the other ingredients as well.

"This is mine then." Jisung successfully got the box out of the bag and held it carefully as if it would break if he's not handling it with care.

Hyunjin just hummed before looking at the younger, "do you have rice?"

"Yes, thankfully." Jisung grinned this time, he fed himself with instant food for almost a week now but he thankfully has stock of rice saved with him.

"Just sit there and start eating, I asked Felix earlier, he said you barely touched your lunch. I'll cook, just point where you put it." Jisung blinked up at him again before pointing the corner where he stocked his rice.

There's a quiet air between the two, but it's not awkward. It's mainly Jisung sitting on his chair by his small dining table and Hyunjin francing around and in front of the stove, humming, and the rice cooker that sit in the other corner of the counter already plugged into the outlet.

Hyunjin was making beef broath, it's been weeks since he last ate it. He fried vegetable lumpia as well, it's a perfect side dish for any broath. Well, it's Hyunjin's personal taste and he thought of letting Jisung have a taste of his own preference of food. Knowing Jisung, he loved food in general, so it wouldn't be hard for him to please him even with Hyunjin's personal preference  of food. He did hope so.

He just hummed along with his busy hands, but he's aware of the stare from Jisung once in a while. He smiled once in a while too, he thought that it's nice doing something like this. It's not the first time cooking for someone else for when his friends came and gather into his own apartment, he would always cooked for them. But this was the first time he's cooking specially for Jisung and he thought that it's kind of nice doing this specially for  him.

Hyunjin didn't notice Jisung's form  beside him, a spoonful of cheesecake in level of his mouth and an expectant look in his eyes when he said, "have a bite too."

Hyunjin smiled taking the treat into his mouth while also noticing a small smeared of filling onto Jisung's lower lip. His mind failed to take control of his heart. He leaned down and at that certain spot on Jisung's lower lip, he could feel the younger freeze in front of him.

"Mhm, tastes good, no wonder this is your favorite."

Hyunjin's breath was fanning against Jisung's lips and the younger couldn't hold himself up anymore as he grabbed the older's face and smashed their lips together into a bruising kiss. It was their first time kissing in the mouth, most of the times after Hyunjin brought Jisung home from a party, Hyunjin would kiss his cheek for a mere second. Right now was different, both moaned with feeling of their lips mold together. Jisung's hands slid from Hyunjin's neck up to the back of his head and the other was on his cheek. The kiss was bruising yet it remained lips alone, each other's lips, they can't seem to let go and can't get enough of their lips.

Jisung was dragged softly forward  by the hands that's around his waist making their bodies press against each other. That's also the time when Jisung was feeling bold, he started to nibble on the older's upper lip, it caused a half groan half moan out of Hyunjin's mouth.

"Ji.." Hyunjin cupped the younger's face into his rather big hands to stop himself from kissing back again, he needed to stop or so God will help him.

", Ji, it's not like I didn't want to continue but..I need to finish cooking the food, we need to eat still. How about we continue this later?" Hyunjin sounded desperate both from Jisung and from his own needs at the moment but he really said it slowly so Jisung will understand that the reason he needed to stop this was not because he didn't like to continue kissing him. God knew, he wanted to kiss Jisung all night. It's just that the still conscious part of his brain kept on telling him that they needed food first.

And he breathed out a sigh of relief when Jisung shyly grinned at him in return while slowly nodding his head. He needed that silent confirmation so much.

"Yeah?" But Hyunjin still needed to make sure if both of them were really on the same page.

"Yeah." Jisung said weakly, his hands were now clasped over Hyunjin's shoulder blades. And the older can't help but smile and leaned down quickly for a sweet peck on Jisung's lips.

This was really nice, Hyunjin thought.

 

The next day, their friends were throwing looks at them being extra clingy to each other- like they're sitting beside each other but Jisung's almost into half of Hyunjin's lap and it's clear as day that the older didn't mind it one bit, instead, he indulged the younger and himself with an arm wrapped around the younger's waist.

"Sungie, the bench is still pretty spacious, don't you think?" Felix's deep voice voiced out everyone's concern like they're thankful that everybody has noticed something.

They're in the back of the school building where benches were everywhere for students who loved to study in a rather quiet space...only the soft and calm whistles of some birds were to be heard. But they're not here to study, they're here to lounge out and planned out their weekend gateaway.

"You're literally and fully sitting in Changbin hyung's lap right now." Jisung scoffed.

"Touché." Felix mumbled then a giggle after a few chuckles from everyone.

"Did you two talk? Looks like it but just wanted to make sure I'm not hallucinating."

"Yes, Chan hyung. Thanks." Chan grinned at the good news.

"Finally, no more between the two of you."

Jisung just ignored the whole statement from Seungmin since he's more interested in what talk did Chan mean earlier. Was it the same talk they had last night?

What happened last night will stay in Jisung's apartment and in their memories. That what happened last night was the start of something more that they didn't know they're craving for until their talk. Yes, they talked. They talked after the continuation of their make out that led to something more...heated. And thankfully all of those things happened after they have their stomach full. 

Hyunjin might noticed Jisung's internal dilemma so he just squeezed his hand to where it landed- probably Jisung's side judging by the way he flinched.

"It's fine, don't worry about what Chan hyung said, he just helped me open my eyes about my real feelings for you." He whispered into Jisung's ear, it's very intimate act noting that they're still with their friends but apparently they didn't care anymore.

"Hmm, okay."

"Oh, look at them being lovey dovey as if we didn't even exist here." Minho said for the first time today.

Hyunjin scoffed, glaring at the older, "as if you're not holding hands with Seungmin right now." And true to that, Minho's arm was hidden and  crookly laid against the backrest of the wooden bench but if someone will look closely to it, it ended up attached with Seungmin's other hand. That earned a few laughs from the others including Seungmin.

"Why, are you jealous?" Minho acted nonchalant about it but the red hue tinting the tip of his ears meant otherwise.

"Nope. Why would I?" Hyunjin rolled his eyes as he leaned his chin onto Jisung's shoulder.

"And also why were your uniform looked smaller than you today?"

Effectively that question of Minho made Hyunjin and Jisung blush as they both remembered what happened last night.

"This is Jisung's. I- I stained mine last night."

"Ohh~ what were you doing in Jisungie's apartment?"

"Changbin, they're dating, of course, boyfriend priveledges!"

"Alright, you guys, we get it. You are all so happy and lovey dovey with your boyfriends but tone it down a bit, not everyone has a boyfriend. Have some respect." Jeongin said mostly for laughs and everyone did laugh.

"Don't worry, Innie, you're not alone. Chan can still relate." Changbin quickly said making Chan turn to him with an indignant hey! Unfortunately though, Changbin blocked Felix's body in Chan's way so the latter can't really make use of his hands on Changbin right now.

"Eh? But Chan hyung has a boyfriend already." Jeongin quipped. Wide eyes and gaped mouth were what greeted Chan. Everyone didn't know it yet except for the youngest, Jeongin, apparently.

Chan let out a shy laugh, he's flushing as well, "well, that's also one of the reasons why I wanted this weekend get away to happen. I wanted you all to meet my boyfriend."

"Oh my God, finally you'll be living with that surname of yours!" Seungmin yelled. It earned an 'hey, behave' from his own boyfriend. Chan's surname was a secret joke between the hyung line but eventually gone into the youngest friends' ears.

"I- hey! What did you tell him these days, Lee Minho?" In which the mentioned man just shrugged his shoulders, smiling at the giggles he's hearing from Seungmin instead.

Chan cleared his throat, "anyways, I wanted you to meet my boyfriend but this is where our talk begins. Please be civil, all of you, I beg you."

"I think you should be begging to your boyfriend, hyung. Not to us." Jisung deadpanned.

Chan groaned, "you know what I mean! Seriously, guys!"

Everyone took pity on the elder and made a chorus of 'yeah, yeah, we got it', not really reasuring but Chan can live with that, he trusted them and that he knew them all. They may looked unserious but they're not s.

"At least tell us his name! Jeongin, did you meet this guy already?" Felix demanded bouncing into his boyfriend's lap in excitement.

"I didn't meet him yet but I know his name. You know him too. We already saw him in campus but from a distance." Jeongin said.

"It's Woojin. Kim Woojin." Chan supplied.

Everyone gasped.

"The exchange student?"

"How could you? I think he's been here for only a month and yet!"

"Oh, Bang Chan moves fast~"

"Hey, for your information, although he's an exchanged student, he's from here. He only studied abroad since his parents' divorced and he's gone with his mother abroad. And this talk is supposed to happen next weekend!" Chan said exasperatedly.

The kids took pity on him once again and finally begun planning out their weekend get away for real since the campus was beginning to feel so quiet already as the day was about to end.

 


"Thank you." Jisung said when they reached to his doorstep. They had gone home together this time, finally. He has a shy smile onto his lips and Hyunjin can't help but be endeared by it.

"Aren't you going to invite me in? Or you rather want me back on that branch again?" Hyunjin asked jokingly which made Jisung rolled his eyes playfully at the older in return.

"Fine, come in, then." Jisung said dejectedly but a smile on his lips gave out as well.

The moment Hyunjin had closed the door, he pinned the younger against it immediately.

"Let's make up for all those wasted times that we could have been doing this." Hyunjin whispered before surging forward claiming Jisung's awaited lips. The younger let out a moan and a giggle after he took a playful bite onto Hyunjin's upper lip.

"It's a promise then."