Can't Stay Mad For Anything (When It Comes To You) [Changlix]

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

Part 1 of 2: Cold Dinner

 

 


Changbin sighed as he walked inside the door of his and his boyfriend's shared apartment, it's already late in the evening- actually, it's almost midnight but at least they had finished the song that they're producing for a while now. The apartment is quite regardless of the familiar song playing softly somewhere. He thought it's from the kitchen.

"Felix? Baby? I'm home!" He was confused for a while, was his boyfriend still up at this hour?

He was right, the music that was playing somewhere was in the kitchen and why it was familiar to him because it was their song that they have both created and produced just a year being together. And a realization came up to Changbin's mind, he was ed. He has the audacity to gasp and swallow the lump that suddenly formed in his throat.

"Baby? Oh no, I- I'm so sorry..."

Felix was there sitting prettily on his chair and he looked oh so good if only he's not scowling at him.

He did remember that he had promised the younger to be at home early so they could have a special dinner to celebrate their second anniversary. And he ed up. He swallowed hard again.

"Oh..hey, babe. Dinner?" And Felix started to dig up, starting to put food into his plate and also to Changbin's, his expression is blank, Changbin can't read him at the moment. Changbin knew that he's angry, and this is scary.

"Sit down, why are you still standing there?" Changbin wordlessly sit on his chair after he slowly had put down his bag pack on the floor just below their table.

"Lix? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to forget it, it's just that-"

"I know. It's fine. Let's just eat, I'm hungry."

Changbin nodded his head even though his partner didn't see him as he was starting to eat. Their dinner was awfully quiet  except for the occasional clanking of the utensils they're using and it scared Changbin. He didn't like this, the way Felix is treating him is scary but he can't do anything about it but to just eat even though he's feeling full so suddenly.

Changbin was sweating and he simply wiped them off using the sleeve of his shirt, he immediately stands up to collect the dishes, hoping for this to help ease the situation.

"I'll wash the dishes, you just go shower or prepare for bed." Felix just wordlessly nodded his head and goes out of the kitchen but before he could fully exit the room, Changbin called him softly and the younger halted for a moment.

"Happy anniversary to us, baby. I'm sorry I messed up." After a hum that sounds more like a grunt, Felix completely was out of the door.


Felix on the other hand, got himself ready for bed, all of the ideas he had for this day were all out of the window. He sighed as his back landed on the matress. He felt bad for giving his boyfriend a cold shoulder. Was it too much? Was it right for him to give Changbin a cold shoulder and silent treatment? He knew Changbin didn't mean to forget their anniversary, he's just busy from work. 

He still waited for the elder, he seemed to be finished washing the dishes judging by the now quite kitchen. He sighed again, his excitement was gone, the effort he had put through was wasted, from the food preparation and the little decorations in the kitchen and for setting the table, for selecting the beautiful flowers and to choosing the right scented candles, he even took a day off from his own work because he wanted this day to be special. He even dressed nice and all that but- he sighed again. But then he realized that he can't stay like this. He can't be mad at Changbin for such a petty reason.


He decided to wait for the other to enter their bedroom for some minutes more but Changbin seemed like planning not to tonight. They have a few small fights during the early stage of their relationship, it was half a year with Changbin when they decided to live in together, too early for that they knew but why suffer when they could enjoy themselves together at almost all the times, right? During those times, they have a few fights and it all ended with Changbin not sleeping beside him in their bedroom. Felix thought that this might be the same case tonight, so he quietly left the bed and went outside the bedroom, carrying the thick blanket around his body.

He guessed right when he saw Changbin curling himself into a small ball on the couch, even with the dim light that was lighted in the living room he knew it was Changbin and he can't help but felt guilty, he felt like a jerk, being mad at him just because of something so stupid. Anniversary date was important and memorable to Felix and it was kinda big deal for him if his partner will forget it but he can't brush away the pang he felt in his chest seeing his boyfriend curling up like that on the couch.

He realized, the anniversary date, they can still celebrate it in the future, Changbin is more important to him.

He wrapped the other half length of the blanket to Changbin's body as he crouched down to the couch level, facing his boyfriend's face. Changbin's eyebags were prominent and Felix was feeling even more guilty.

"Bin?" Changbin was startled a little, he has dozed off for a bit. He thought that he was dreaming because his beautiful Felix was here in front of him and not mad at him. His voice is soft and his heart aching to hear Felix's voice more.

"Hey, why are you still up?" Changbin's voice cracked a little and he quickly cleared his throat. Felix didn't miss to notice how tired his boyfriend sounded.

"I was waiting for you in the bedroom."

"oh.. Were you?" Changbin felt like a fool, he didn't know how to answer it because he didn't know why Felix is not mad at him anymore.

"Yeah. Come on, changed your clothes then we can go to sleep." Felix stood up as Changbin too sat on the couch, tugging the blanket to wrap it more around him too and it caused Felix to sit on his lap.

"I'm sorry about earlier, I just forgot, I'm sorry." Through the dim light, the teary eyes of his boyfriend made Felix's heart soften.

"No, baby. I am sorry. It was stupid, I should have been more considerate. I love you, I'm sorry for giving you a cold shoulder earlier." Felix cupped the older's face gently and leaned forward to give Changbin's lips a soft peck. Changbin wrapped his arms around the younger's waist as he too leaned forward next to capture Felix's lips. He released a deep long sigh in relief, they were okay, Felix was not mad him anymore.

"You have the right to be mad at me. I felt stupid for forgetting my promise to you and our anniversary, I felt horrible."

"No, no please, don't feel like that. You're not stupid, I am not mad totally it was just for a moment and then I was the real stupid for giving you a cold shoulder when you're just busy, I was selfish."

"Well, I guess let's just forget all of these and move on?"

"Yeah. We still have many anniversaries ahead. We can still celebrate it in the future." Felix said, caressing the older's cheeks with his palm.

"And I'll make sure to keep the date in mind by then."

They both giggled at their selves. Now that everything was okay and light, Felix smiled lovingly at Changbin who also has a big smile on his face.

"I love you."

"I love you more, Lixie. Thank you. Happy anniversary." It's already past midnight but whatever.

Felix answered him by pulling him again for a kiss, a longer kiss this time, it was chaste and sweet and full of love.

When both of them are panting hard due to the moment and the lack of oxygen in their lungs, Changbin was carrying a giggling Felix back into their bedroom, blanket was still wrapped around the both of them. They struggle a little but they safety landed on their bed, while Felix made himself comfortable on the mattress, Changbin was pulling his clothes off his body except for his boxer shorts. He doesn't feel like showering, he just wanted his boyfriend beside him, cuddle him, wanted his body near his, so that's what he did after crawling under the blanket and situated himself beside the younger.

"Sleep tight, dream of me." Felix said in a hush tone, pecking his boyfriend's cheek before completely making himself comfortable beside him.

"I don't have to dream of you when you're here beside me already hmm?" Changbin cheesily said as he wrapped his arms tighter around Felix's petite waist. It made the younger squirm and giggle cutely as he rub off his face to the older's hard chest. They laughed at their own antics, it felt like the first phase of their relationship, saying chessy things to each other. 

They didn't mind it though, they love each other, they can't stay mad at each other for long, and that's what it matters.