Rescued (ChangLix)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

"Yaaaah! Where's the guy? Save your girl already!" Jisung shouted for quite a few minutes already. Felix just rolled his eyes for  quiet a few times too. The best friends and work mates were chilling in the latter's apartment. This was the routine they had since they met 4 years ago. They were watching a movie which the scene was a girl was having an accident along the way.

It was Friday evening, thank God It's Friday. Hello weekend. After their food orders came, they ate while watching a movie.

"Ahh here he comes! How sweet." Jisung again said dreamily, referring to the scene from the movie they're watching.

Felix laughed at his best friend before munching the last piece of his pizza.

"You ever wonder that could happen in real life? It was sweet yeah?" Jisung yet again said dreamily while laying his head on Felix's shoulder.

And again Felix has to roll his eyes, huffing too for dramatic effect, "oh my god, you believe in those? Sung, that's a scene from the wide imagination of the movie's writer. It's not gonna happen in real life." Felix can't believe Jisung was acting like a hopeless romantic when he has a boyfriend already.

"What "if" Lix, you know?" Jisung had to raise his hands for the quotations for of course, a dramatic effect. "That girl was you and the guy is your mystery guy." Jisung continued wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh my god, how was this became about me?" Felix groaned. Jisung laughed out loud, he has to control himself from smacking his friend's air head.

 


Monday came rolling fast and Felix was buckling his seat belt up to himself and driving to his work. He has an ear piece clipped on his ear, a TWICE's song was playing. He was humming happily the song, he knew all TWICE's songs by heart when suddenly something just burst and he gripped the steering wheel hard before he stomped the break pedal hard.

It happened so fast, everything hurt and he couldn't hear a thing besides his ragged breathing. His heart beats were frantic. He wanted to cry, his vision was blurry. He remembered his phone.

"Jisung..Jisung..Jisung.." he mumbled repeatedly as he took his phone out from his front pocket of his pants. He adjusted his vision first, once he could clearly see things again just as he realized he was in an upside down position. He was still inside his car, on the driver seat, the seat belt was the only thing that held him up.

"Oh god..please.." he sobs, he doesn't want to die single. And he chuckled upon realizing how ridiculous he was, thinking about dating when he was already one way from his death.

He managed to call Jisung. At the second ring, his best friend answered, "yep, Lix, where are you? You're almost late."

"Help. Get help, I'm stuck in my car upside down and everything hurts, Sung, I--"

"What? Felix are you okay? Where are you, can you remember?"

"Yeah I think I'm at *******"

"Hang on okay? Do not cut the call, stay with me. Can you do that?" Jisung was frantic too, he can hear him panting hard. He chuckled but sadly, yes he was literally hanging now.

His thoughts were disturbed when the car swayed a little, it sounded like from that movie they've watched, the cracking sound of the car when it was about to fall from the cliff. Yes, that movie. It felt like the scene there was happening except he has no one to help him.

"Oh god.."

"Lix? Why? What happen?"

"I think the car is about to fall..oh god, I'm scared."

Jisung panting hard, he cried scanning to find his boyfriend.

"Hey, babe..oh--why are you--" 

"Hyunjin, it's Felix. He was crashed at ******. Please let's call help. He's with me on the other line."

Felix could hear a crying Jisung, this will probably be the last time he'll hear Jisung's voice and Hyunjin's too. He couldn't help but sobbed from that pathetic thought.

"Hey babe, please breathe for me. I'll call a rescue team now." Hyunjin reassured Jisung. Felix can hear them clearly on the other side of the line.

"I love you, Jisung." 

"Dude! Don't just say that I'm about to have an aneurysm here." Jisung scolded him though his voice is shaky.

He chuckled, "I'm about to die and you just dude-zoned me. I'm hurt."

"Yah. No one's going to die, the rescue team is on their way. So please hang on."

"Funny but I'm literally hanging so.." he gave a weak chuckle as he heard a sound of a car's engine from the other side of the line.

"Come on, babe, buckle up." He could hear Hyunjin said.

He felt dizzy, he felt that all his blood's gone to his head.

"Lix! You're still there right?!" 

"Yeah.."

"Good. Do not sleep okay? Stay with us."

He weakly hummed, he was drifting off to sleep. He tried to swallow the lump that formed in his throat. He weakly blinked his eyes as he heard a..chopper? Then he heard some people were yelling from above him.

"Bring me down! The car's about to fall!"

"Okay."

Then someone knocked on the glass, an angel who has rope tied around his waist instead of a pair of wings. 

The angel managed to open the door and he smiled, he saw an angel before he died. But wait, am I dead already? I saw an angel.

"Can you hear me?" And oh god even his voice is so angelic.

"Hold my arms. I am going to cut your seat belt because it got you stucked." Felix managed to nod a little before grabbing the angel's arms. And oh god, the angel has big guns. Those muscles are to die for. Wait, he was litterally dying and all he thinks was this guy! But can you blame him? He didn't even know if he was still alive or dead already, can't tell the difference when there's an angel in front of him.

As Felix was free from the seat belt, the car came crumbling down the hill. Felix was safely tucked in the angel's tight embrace. He was panting hard when everything felt normal from the upside down position lately.

"That was so close. Are you okay?" He could feel the warm breath fanning Felix's nape.

"Yes. Thank you." He didn't know when he had started sobbing.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry, you're safe."

"Thank you. Thank you for not being late. I don't wanna die single so thank you."

He heard a chuckled just before he felt that everything was dark, "hey Chan, pull us up!" 

Hyunjin and Jisung managed to call an ambulance, when the rescue guy put Felix on the sketcher, he ran towards it, so relieved to see Felix in one piece, except he had fainted.

 

 

When Felix woke up, the first thing he said was..

"I spent half of my on that damn car."

Hyunjin and Jisung laughed. They were so glad that the other was okay.

"It's no problem Lix, you can always hitch with us." Hyunjin said.

Felix sighed. How unlucky of him, he was rolling his eyes when Jisung said about the what "if's" of the movie scene Jisung told him lately about happening it in real life yet here he was experiencing that exact scene. Ironic.

"You know what's funny?" Felix said suddenly.

Hyunjin hummed as to tell him to continue while Jisung just raised his eyebrows. "We just watched the exact movie that happened to me."

"Oh yeah. You know that guy who got you seemed really worried when I saw him put you on that sketcher. He was surprised because he didn't know you fainted." Jisung said excitedly.

He suddenly blushed, all the embarrassing thoughts he had that moment came up to his memory but he can't help but admire the guy. Damn, spare him, he was just a hopeless romantic gay.

"He's f--" a knocked could be heard and the door creeked open. All eyes were on the door when someone, oh wait it was the rescue guy (in Jisung's mind)/ angel with muscles (in Felix's mind), came in. A bouquet of flowers on his one arm and a basket of fruits hanging on the other. The blush now came back to Felix's cheeks. 

"Uh..hi, I wonder if you're okay now?" 

"Uhm..I--I mean I'm fine now, thanks to you again."

The guy has this sheepish grin and maybe a pink dusting on his cheeks too.

Before the awkward guy can answer of course it has to be disrupted by a clearing of throat, right? It always happens in a movie. But now, a grinning Jisung taking the basket of fruits that was hanging so calmly on the guy's arm. He silently thanked Jisung as he properly held the bouquet of flowers in front of Felix.

"For you. I'm Seo Changbin, by the way." 

Felix took the flowers and held them near to his little nose, as he smelt the flowers he felt alive, his heart is beating so fast. The couple was no where to be seen. It didn't help how the guy, the angel whose name is Changbin, was smiling down at him.

"Thank you. I'm Lee Felix."

"Uhm--you said..I mean, I--I don't want to die single too, so.." Changbin is biting down his lower lip because this is awkward and embarrassing but the smile Felix gave him was the kind of answer he wanted.

So weeks after that incident, Felix wasn't hitching a ride and be a third wheel of Hyunjin and Jisung when going to work...

Felix heard a honk and a yell, "Baby! You ready?" Changbin drives  Felix  to his work before going to his own work and drives him back to his apartment after work.

"Coming!" A grinning Felix came out and after locking the door was running down the few steps towards Changbin's car.

"Love, please be careful with the steps!"

You know, Felix's life wasn't the only thing Changbin had rescued that day, but also his heart.