Home is where the heart is (Changlix + Sunoo)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

Changbin and Felix made a trek to the nearby plaza with their son, Sunoo. Both Changbin and Felix have finally the weekend for themselves together with their cute little bunny of a son. Both were so busy with their respective job. Changbin almost devoted his whole life in his studio and Felix, although he's working from home, still busy doing the things to be done, ended up hurting his eyes from staring too much at the monitor of his computer.

But now they can finally breathe some fresh air while their hearts were content from looking at their son's bright smiles and from hearing his loud giggles as he ran around the open space.

"Baby, be careful." Felix almost ran towards his son when the little's little foot had bumped on a certain stone on the ground, if not from the strong arms around his waist.

"He's fine, he'll learn best that way. Relax." Changbin mumbled into his ear. Seeing that their son was indeed okay and still giggling while chasing little butterflies around, he relaxed into his husband's arms.

"Fine." Felix released a soft sigh.

Changbin chuckled at him before kissing the younger's cheek, "what's that pout for hmm?" One of Changbin's hands ran down to his thigh and felt it rub up and down on it.

"Nothing, I just missed us spending quality time like this and so happy that finally we're doing this again." Felix said softly, his eyes were following Sunoo's movements in front of them but he's still aware of the dancing hand on his thigh.

"I feel you, love. I'm sorry for being so busy with work," it was Changbin who released a sigh this time, it was a sigh of relief but at the same time of guilt.

"No, babe, don't apologize for it. I am busy with work too, it's just that sometimes I felt petty over myself, with so much work, I can't even enjoy a single hour with you guys and can't even hug Sunoo for a minute even if he's just there with me at home. And if I was done, he's asleep, you know things like that but now, I'm happy. No matter how stressful my weeks are if I could spend my weekend with you and with Sunoo, I feel okay."

"Aww, baby, we're gonna enjoy this day then hmm? We shall not think of anything related to our work, today is stress-free day." And Felix giggled at the cute pronunciation of his husband as he said those last words in English.

"I love you always, Changbin." Felix took a second to stare at his man before leaning forward claiming the older's lips. The kiss was brief but it's sweeter than any fruit in the world.

"I love you too always, my love." Then they're back at admiring the fruit of their love still enjoying himself with some butterflies and dragonflies around, chuckling when Sunoo's eyes got cross-eyed because one yellow butterfly landed on his button nose.

"Daddy, Appa, look!" But sadly the butterfly flew away, still that didn't deter Sunoo from giggling and smiling brightly after, following his sight to the direction where the butterfly flew.

"Enjoying yourself there, sweety?" Changbin called his son, his chin was on Felix's shoulder.

"Yes~" The kid's face was beginning to glisten from the tiny beads of sweats on his cute face. 

"Where do you wanna go next, baby?" 

"To the fountain!" Ah, yes, Sunoo's been talking about wanting to see a dancing fountain for a while now.

His parents chuckled at him, "okay, baby, tell us when you're ready then."

"But- but I wanna see the duckies on the lake first!" Sunoo ran towards his parents, slamming his body onto his Appa's front. Felix was chuckling as he managed to catch and calm the excited bunny in between his legs. Felix gently wiped the kid's face clean from the sweats first and proceeded to drop butterfly kisses all over his face until Sunoo squirmed his way out of his Appa's hold. 

"Okay, the duckies first then." As much as it's the adults way of destressing, it's also a good way of making their son have his time playing outside. Sometimes they got worried over the little, if they neglected their duty to let the kid play outside just because they're both busy.

"Let's go now, please~" Sunoo pouted his lips.

"Okay, okay, let's go." Changbin said, ruffling his kid's hair affectionately.

It's actually not a lake, like natural lake per se, it was a man made canal that may look like a lake, it was cultivated for the ducks to swim around. The ducks or as Sunoo called them duckies were so cute, they swam in groups like a family, two ducks with one and others have two to three baby ducklings.

"Look, Dad, it's like us!" Sunoo squealed in delight, pointing at a group of ducks swimming on the water, he had one arm around his Dad's neck as Changbin carried him in his muscled arms.

"Oh, why do you think so, baby?" Felix chuckled on Changbin's side.

"They're three like us!" The park was surprisingly not so crowded today and their kid was not so shy about shouting his thoughts about the ducks. They just let him though, he's just a kid and he's learning something today.

"Wow, very good, lovely! Nice observation." Changbin said, kissing his son's cheek.

"The pretty one is Appa, that's me the small one in the middle and the short one is you, Dad." Sunoo yet again squealed from his Dad's tickling his side while Felix laughed softly at the sight.

"But baby, you're shorter than me." Changbin grinned at his pouting son, Felix knew that his kid was thinking of a good come back, he's witty like that.

"But I'm still a baby though! Baby is supposed to be small and short!" Sunoo raised his chin to level his Dad's eyes as if challenging him. Felix was full on laughing beside his husband, thankfully again, the place's not that crowded today to be embarrassed by laughing at his husband being outwitted by their 4-year old bubbly son.

"Hey, you're so mean to me today, bud." Changbin used his baby voice that made Sunoo giggle. Then the older looked at Felix, "yah, what's so funny?" It's actually endearing to watch Felix's face brightened with the way he laughed and it's really good to hear his laughter, thanks to his son. He didn't know but the corners of his mouth were curling into a fond smile.

Felix was wiping off some happy tears on the corners of his eyes, he just had a good laugh and he knew it's not good to laugh at his husband's misery but he felt like it.

"I'm sorry, babe. Ah, our baby's so witty huh." Felix said still giggling a bit.

"You're lucky I love you." Changbin muttered with still a fond look on his face and sweet smile on his lips. He really didn't mind Felix laughing at his misery.

"Yeah, I love Appa!" Sunoo joined to the conversation too, watching duckies was already forgotten.

"What about me, buddy?" Changbin faked a frown, Sunoo poked at his cheeks though, smiling brightly that his eyes turned into crescents just like his Appa.

"I love Daddy too!"

"And I love Daddy too!" Felix chirped making Changbin's heart swell.

"Aww~ I am so loved by such beautiful boys, I'm honored. I love you both always, my loves. Now, where's next?" Sunoo perked at that, wrapping both of his arms around his Dad's neck, his tiny body was vibrating with excitement.

"Fountain!!"

"Fountain it is then." Changbin began to walk towards the big fountain in the middle of the park with his son in his other arm and his husband interlocking his arm around the other.

 

 

"What do you want to eat, love?" Felix looked down at his son as he ruffled the kid's hair. The kid started to sway his body, a sign that he's already bored or hungry and when Felix realized that it's the latter, they immediately got out of there and trekked the path towards the stalls of food in the street.

"Ice cream!!!" Little Sunoo raised both of his hands in the air including his parents' hands since they're holding each of the kid's hand. Changbin chuckled at his son while Felix smiled, ruffling the kid's hair again.

"Right. We should go to that ice cream shop here then." Felix said, the street is familiar yet the crowding stalls of food in the street is new to his sight, it's not every weekend that they do this kind of outing. But he did remember an ice cream shop here somewhere.

"Babe, you remember the ice cream shop here?" Felix asked his husband.

"Hmm, the end of this block." Changbin has already his cellphone in his hand, a map on its screen.

"You don't remember, do you?" Felix chuckled.

"I did! I'm just making sure." Then Changbin huffed and scowled his face which made Felix rolled his eyes playfully at him and their son to giggle.

"Sure, babe." Felix grinned.

"Of course, I remember. How could you forget it, I had brought you there on a date once." Changbin gave his husband a serious look, making his eyes into slits. But his younger husband didn't budge, just shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry, baby. Guess I'm just that occupied with work." He's not sorry at all but Changbin didn't mind that, he just wanted to play and tease his husband about it a little. It's been so long since that date with Felix anyway, it's when they had started dating and now they have a son already. 

"Ice cream!!!" Sunoo shrieked, slipping his little hands out of his parents' hold and sprinted towards the shop's door.

"Darling, be careful, the-" Felix hollered, but well, his son was already pushing the door and let his little self in leaving his parents outside. Changbin took his husband's hand instead, chuckling at the way Felix's eyes are cutely bulging out and his lips are pouting.

"Come on, you know, we can't stop him when it's about ice cream. Let's just get inside before he start messing with whoever is behind the counter." Changbin said, opened the door wide for them both.

The Little wanted to eat his favorite ice cream flavor, Mint Chocolate, but unfortunately the ice cream shop was out of that particular flavor. The 4-year old kid was smart enough to talk to someone behind the counter even though he's too short for it, the cashier was kind enough to bend over the counter so he could hear what the kid was saying. But since the flavor he mentioned was out of stock, the kid has now a big frown on his face and that's the scene Changbin and Felix have greeted to.

"What's wrong, love?" Fortunately, there has no pending line of customers but there are those who already got their preferred ice cream and sat on the benches inside the shop. Felix hurriedly took the kid's side with still the cashier bent over the counter.

"I'm sorry, sir, he wants mint chocolate but we're out of it. The last cone was already handed on the customer just seconds ahead of you." The cashier kindly explained.

"It's okay, thank you." Felix gave out a thankful smile to the cashier and then looking back to his son with still a sad look on his face.

"Appa, I want mint chocolate~" 

"Aw, bun, I'm sorry. You can just choose another flavor hmm?"

And Sunoo didn't want to bargain anything- even a kiss from his Appa is not effective at this moment, he really wanted Mint Chocolate. Felix looked up to his husband for help and Changbin just mouthed something like getting the car ready so they can drive to other ice cream shops out there.

Felix was about to scoop his son up to just get out of this place and go with Changbin's idea but there's an   ice cream in a cone shove in front of Sunoo's face, Mint Chocolate, double- just right for the little kid's cravings.

"Here! You can take mine, I'm not that hungry anyway." The owner was also a kid probably a year older than Sunoo and he's taller than him for a few inches.

Sunoo gasped with his eyes sparking at the sight, "Mint Chocolate!!!"

"Uh- hey kiddo, that's so nice of you but are you sure?" Felix said eyeing the other kid in assurance.

"Yes, I'm not hungry." The other kid gave him a toothy smile and proceeded to give the cone of ice cream to Sunoo who was once again gave out a soft gasp.

"What's your name, darling?" Felix inquired, on his peripheral vision, he assumed that the one his husband had talking to was the other kid's Dad.

"Sunghoon."

"Aww, Sunghoonie, thank you," then he looked at his own son, "why don't you tell your name to the nice kid, bun? And what will you say when someone give you a  treat?" 

Sunoo released another soft gasp again, he's too focused on the treat that's already in his hands and momentarily forgot the other kid in front of him, "hi, I'm Sunoo and I'm 4 years old. Thank you for the ice cream." Both kids exchanged smiles which were too bright for Felix's heart.

"Aww, so cute... Very good, bunny." Felix mumbled after a sweet kiss on top of Sunoo's head, too proud for his son making a friend. They ended up sharing a table with Sunghoon and his Dad, also having their own treat.

Indeed, it's a beautiful stress-free day, they may be still experience stressful moments in the future but at least Changbin and Felix got one another with their cute little bunny of a son and everything will be okay.