Purrfect Love (SeungMinho)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

⚠short ahead; and a sudden pet death⚠

__________________________

In about nine weeks of living together, Minho came home with a malnourished kitten in the inside pocket of his coat. Seungmin was not happy at all. It wasn't because he hated cats in general, he just disliked them for being a bit allergic to its fur, dogs' fur included. And Seungmin has a trauma as a kid, he was once wanted to pet a stray cat and when its paws had clawed deep into the flesh of his little arms, a fear had then formed in him that every time he saw a cat, he can't help but think of that moment.


"I'm home." Minho's usual monotone voice resonated in their shared apartment after the door has been swung open. Seungmin who was in his room, immediately perked up at the voice and gone downstairs to greet his boyfriend.

"Hi, babe- I miss- wait, is that a cat, Lee Minho?" The smile on Seungmin's face faded and the calm beating of his heart became erratic so suddenly after hearing the tiny meow and seeing the little bulging on the chest part of Minho. These days, his boyfriend has been coming home late, they hadn't been eating together for a while now, so he missed the other man so much only for the feeling to be spoiled by a tiny feline.

"Hey, love, I'm sorry, I need to bring him, he's injured and I can't just leave him there." Minho started, wincing at his words because he knew his boyfriend's situation when it came to cats and he knew that Seungmin would never be happy at the news.

"You know how I feel about them! Do not come in here with that thing!" Seungmin whined and not in a bratty way, just by looking at the small animal peeking from his boyfriend's chest, Seungmin could feel tiny pricks on his arms and he shivered at that.

"Come on, Min, I can't just leave him out here, he's injured! See?" Minho swiftly took out the tiny animal and it was dirty, the younger can't guess its real color. Minho displayed the dirty thing in the level of his eyes and thankfully it was a decent few inches away from his face.

"I don't care! Just get that away from me." Seungmin left the doorway, didn't wait for Minho's reply, he just heard the older close the door.

"Don't be such a kitten hater. Once I cleaned him, you'll gonna love him." Minho said softly and it was loud for Seungmin that his neck cracked a bit when he turned his head immediately and glared at his boyfriend.

"A kitten hater? It's that even a- ugh, never mind!" Seungmin suddenly felt tired, he didn't have the energy to fight with Minho right now. Well, technically, they're not fighting, it's just them being stubborn. Seungmin sighed, he knew he can't coax his boyfriend to throw the damn animal out of their apartment.

"Calm down, will you? I promise, he'll just stay in my room." Minho said softly once again. And Seungmin tried really hard not to look down on Minho's arms where he swore the cat made that pity look on its damn eyes from his peripheral vision.

"And, I'll try coming home early from now on to take care of him hmm? It's just until he's okay so I can sign him up for an adoption in the shelter." Minho added, quickly dropping a small peck onto Seungmin's dry lips.

Seungmin's been receiving little pecks like that from Minho these days, no longer chaste kiss, no make out, no wild action and it's almost making Seungmin crazy. He just missed his boyfriend so much and now he only got from him was a peck because after that, Minho proceeded to take care of the kitten- cleaning its fur and bandaging its wound. Then after that, Seungmin only  caught Minho's wide back before closing the door of his own room to finally settle the kitten in his room.

"Lucky bastard." Seungmin mumbled angrily. He can't believe he just felt jealous over a kitten.

They were living together but they still have a separate room for each other- though they ended up using one room (depending on the mood and situation) often times. Their apartment was big enough for them and it has two rooms, they just utilized both rooms for some reason.


True to Minho's words, the next day, Minho got home early with a bag of treats- not for him obviously —but he still can't help but be overjoyed at the fact that his boyfriend was home and so he greeted him excitedly by the doorway.

"I'm home!" Minho hollered as he closed the door and walked towards the living room.

"Hi, baby, how was your day?" Seungmin started, leaning forward to capture Minho's lips, didn't wait for his reply and didn't even wait for him to bring the bags down to the floor. Thankfully, Minho didn't mind the action and just accepted Seungmin's awkward (because of the bags pressed against Minho's chest) hug and chaste kiss, he can only release a fond chuckle.

"Hello, my love. My day's just so-so. How about yours?" Minho asked after they pulled from the kiss and hug, finally deposited the bags into the table.

Seungmin refrained himself from rolling his eyes with that question because every day for him was boring. Working from home four times a week was boring. But he still gave his boyfriend a big grin, and before he could even gave Minho his reply, the older was already upstairs. With how Minho just did that when Seungmin didn't even have a chance to move an inch- Seungmin didn't have any idea. All he knew was that, Minho's probably going to his room and pampered the kitten, that lucky bastard. Seungmin could only sigh and then he resigned himself into the kitchen to do his usual task- make dinner.

And Minho was like that for the whole week, came home early, even earlier than his usual time, brought lots of kitten treats and toys, leaving Seungmin alone (they still had their dinner together though and even watched a movie or two while cuddling on the sofa, Seungmin was just being dramatic) with a lone and pathetic peck on the lips before Minho would resign to his room and play with the kitten.

Until one fine day, while Minho's on a business trip and Seungmin's free day, Seungmin decided that he has enough. The little lucky bastard has been holding his boyfriend captive for far too long (even if it's only one and a half weeks).

"I can finally throw you out of this apartment, you little ." Seungmin mumbled to himself while trudging his way towards the older man's room.

"I can just say to Minho that his beloved kitten left, finally felt bored of his room and decided to scram away. Hah, that's it." Seungmin even grinned wickedly at his own evil thoughts as if what he had thought was even possible or if Minho would even believe him if he would say that to him.

Seungmin was already standing in front of Minho's door like some monster on the children's books, hand clasped around the knob, twisted it while pushing the door slowly. And lo and behold the little was sleeping in Minho's bed.

But why did the sight make Seungmin feel giddy? Why did he find the view extra cute? The kitten looked cozy and warm and its so tiny as it curled its body into a perfect small letter c in the middle of his boyfriend's bed. The urge to pet the kitten was strong but the sudden shiver in his spine pulled him out of his sudden haze.

"What am I even thinking!" He scolded himself and at that moment, the kitten sprung up and stared at Seungmin. He felt like it's staring right through his soul, he even got startled for a bit.

The kitten tilted his head and it was so damn cute that Seungmin just balled his hands into fists so he could stop himself from shrieking at the cute sight. It blinked up at him, it was cute that Seungmin almost lost himself- almost, until it stood up and run towards the edge of the bed. Seungmin stiffly stood in fright and thankfully was still sane enough to hurriedly slam the door shut.

"That scared the out of me." Seungmin mumbled, body's still shivering a bit.

Seungmin cooled off in his own room, he read an unfinished novel, positioned himself comfortably in the bed on his stomach until he totally forgot what happened earlier. Maybe almost an hour into reading, he suddenly felt a fluffy something pressing on his toe. Seungmin didn't flinch at the start because it felt kinda nice to have something soft rubbing against his foot but not until he realized something.

Seungmin sprung up into a sitting position, his book, forgotten, laid haphazardly on the edge of the left side of the bed, almost falling on the floor. And there he saw the tiny white kitten, staring cutely at him. Seungmin held his breath for a second when it started to walk slowly towards him but then exhaled loudly when the kitten didn't jump at him or worse, scratch his skin, but it only bump its cold nose onto one of Seungmin's toes and surprisingly, he didn't flinch at that.

"How the hell did you get out of Minho's room?" Seungmin asked as if the kitten will answer him while shifting his sight to his own room's opened door. He forgot that he didn't close the door earlier and as to how the kitten got out of his boyfriend's room was still a mystery to him. He was pulled out of his initial concern when the kitten meowed at him. It was cute, yes, Seungmin can't deny that and he's a liar if he'll say that he didn't find the furball cute.

 


Minho has already enrolled the kitten in the animal shelter, he just have to send the kitten there this weekend and done. He knew that he's been neglecting his boyfriend for the kitten. So even if it hurt him, he needed the kitten to get adopted right away since the furball's fine and healthy now. He can't just let himself being selfish and not think of Seungmin's situation. He loved kittens in general but he loved Seungmin more. He released a long sigh out before opening the door of their home.

"I'm ho-" Minho was frozen at the sight that greeted him.

There they were on the floor in the tiny hallway that leads up to the living room from the doorway, Seungmin's body seemed like twisting as he laid on the floor with a feather duster in his hand, toys were scattered around them while the kitten was cutely jumping and trying to catch the feather duster that Seungmin was holding.

Minho's voice made Seungmin sit up on the floor and turned to look at the door's direction, eyes sparkling and crinkled cutely at the sight of Minho.

"Oh! Hi, babe!" He's voice was muffled by the a mask.

"What's- What's happening?" You see, Minho can't quite believe the sight in front of him, Seungmin was playing with the kitten and he looked very happy while doing it. Even if he can't see the younger's smile because of the mask, he can still see his eyes crinkle, a sign that he has a big grin on.

"Look how high he jumps!" Seungmin shrieked as if like a kid feeling excited over something as he was swinging the feather duster in his hand and the kitten jumped to catch it.

Minho was still frozen, his hand was still grasping around their doorknob while his other arm was a bit aching from the weight of the bags of kitten treats hanging around it. He was sure that he's not dreaming, if the feeling he felt on his arm was anything to go by, he just continued to gape at the scene in front of him.

"How does this little fella jump this high when he's so tiny? Ugh, so cute!" Seungmin continued, obviously didn't know Minho's internal dilemma. The older finally shook his head as if to clear his thoughts and eyes and checked on his boyfriend's arms and legs if he ever got scratched by the kitten or something, but found nothing which he sighed out a relieved breathe.

"Oh..honey, I can see that you make yourself acquainted with this little guy already, glad to see that. How's your allergy though?" Minho finally caught himself and cleared his throat as he finally closed the door.

"Yeah, minmin's so cute~ I got him his toys, I thought that he got bored just from staying inside your room all day. Annnd~ I didn't feel something weird when he kept on rubbing himself against me earlier, I just wore this mask just in case." Seungmin said once again with all the fondness in his voice even Minho can feel it.

"Minmin?" Minho asked confused after putting all the bags down on the floor, trying not to dump them on one of the kitten's toys.

"I've named him after our names because~ he's our baby~" Seungmin even giggled dazedly as he said that, pulling the mask off of his face.  Minho, on the other hand, can't help but kiss him on the mouth, good thing that Seungmin kissed back- like, as always.

When Minho pulled away, he formed a sad pout onto his own lips, "I finally enrolled him into adoption though." He blurted out, it's better now than later. And surprisingly, for someone who fashionably disliking kittens, Seungmin glared at Minho hard right after hearing the statement. Minho blinked his eyes in mild shock, he watched Seungmin scoop the kitten up into his arms and pressed the furball against his chest protectively.

"How could you be so cruel? No! Don't ever lay your hands on him, minmin will stay just right here! You can't take him away from me!" Then Seungmin stormed out of the space and into his room. Minho was left there to put away the bags he had brought and put away the toys with a wide grin onto his lips.

Since then, Minho still can't believe how Seungmin felt attached to the animal. Everytime that Minho came home, he always found his boyfriend playing with the kitten and some other times, both sleeping on the couch or a bed, the kitten curled comfortably onto Seungmin's chest. It was some nice days, seeing his boyfriend so happy and giggly because of an animal he once disliked.

Not until one unfortunate day, the couple woke up, Minho was out of the bed and didn't find minmin. A few moments later, he found him in the washing machine, floating into the soafy water. Last night, they forgot to get the water out of the machine.

Seungmin was balling his eyes out as he can't accept that minmin was gone.  He even made a proper burial for him in their little yard, Minho would laugh at his boyfriend for how unbelievable he was for just a dead kitten but he can't do it, not when Seungmin has a red eyes from crying and a disgusting snot on his ing pretty face. Minho's heart was aching to see his boyfriend like that, he can't bring himself to make fun of Seungmin so he just sighed and took the younger into his arms and murmured sweet nothings and reassures into his ear.

It took Seungmin a week to recover from what happened of the kitten, Minho felt bad from leaving him to work looking like the saddest puppy. Even when they have on the seventh night since minmin was gone, Seungmin was riding Minho as he sobbed his heart out.

"Oh, baby, I felt bad for doing this. I can't believe you're that attached to him. You know, we can always do this some other time?" Minho coaxed his boyfriend to stop bouncing on his .

Seungmin shook his head, "no, please, me." And he sounded so devastated that Minho can't even say no. Minho sighed and tightened his hold around his sobbing boyfriend's waist, then planted his feet flat on the mattress.

"Alright, then. Tell me if you want to stop, okay?" Minho whispered into his baby's ear, Seungmin just nodded his head. Then Minho started to buck his hips up to plung deep inside the younger and pulled out until he's repeating the motion.

Seungmin was still sobbing, but it sounded like it's because of pleasure, Minho was relieved at that so he continued to upwards.

"Hmm~ Please, babe, don't stop~" Seungmin moaned into the older's ear.

"-" Minho felt bad because this whole situation turned him on, "baby, can we change position? It's okay if you prefer this though." Minho said, also stopping from moving his hips and just let a ragged breathe out and kissed the younger's temple.

"Yeah, me from behind." Seungmin whispered and it immediately made Minho frown. Seungmin only requested something like this everytime he felt insecure.

"No, baby, I want to  see your face. Please?" 

"But...I look ugly right now."

"You're ugly every day, not just now but see? I'm still here- aw!"

Seungmin pouted after he hit Minho's chest.

"Yah!"

Minho laughed at the younger and cupped his face, turning serious, "I was just teasing you. You know, you're the most adorable and the prettiest person I've ever laid my eyes on, you don't have to feel insecure about your crying face, you still looked pretty. Hmm?"

Seungmin still pouted but his face and ears down to his neck turned red. Then he cried once again but for this time it was out of pure happiness.

"Oh, baby, don't cry. I felt like the bad guy here. Come on, stop crying already." Minho chuckled as he wiped off the tears that were still streaming down the younger's cheeks.

"Thank you and I'm sorry, I feel like a mess. I-" He looked down to , it was soft now.

Minho got the message and kissed his crown, assuring the younger that Minho didn't mind to stop what they're doing.

"It's okay, pretty. We can always do this some other time." Minho once again cupped the younger's face to make him look at him in the eyes.

"But you're still hard." Seungmin said weakly and sniffed.

"It's okay. We can just shower together."

Seungmin nodded his head weakly then pushed his face into the crook of Minho's neck.

"I love you." Seungmin said, voice was muffled by Minho's skin against his neck but the older still heard him clearly.

"I love you too. Now, hold tight, let's go shower!"

Well, that was it, Seungmin still looked and feeling down due to minmin's death but at least he's back to smiling wide when he greeted Minho by the door since then.

 

Today, Minho exited the building without his car and decided to walk home, just to breathe some fresh air and to appreciate the beautiful scenery that he often missed to notice when he's driving. He felt a sense of deja vu when he passed by a corner hearing some little meow's in the bushes. It was also the same exact place where he found minmin before.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Minho mumbled to himself and even if something in him was saying no, his feet were already trudging the way towards the bushes where the little noises came from.

"Here, kitty, kitty- oh!" Minho was surprised to see two little kittens sat side by side under the bushes.

", I don't know if this is a good idea." Seungmin probably won't be happy about this but Minho clicked his tongue in annoyance because his hands have a mind of their own. He began scooping the kitten and safely tucked them in each of the inside pockets of his coat. His coat can't be zipped back anymore so Minho just let it be as long as the kittens were safe and tucked away.

Arriving home, he stood stiffly outside the door, he's still unsure if he wanted to open the door or not. But he has no time to decide anymore when the door has opened suddenly and Seungmin's smiling face came into view.

"Why are you still standing there? Did you- oh-" Seungmin's eyes landed immediately on the cute puffballs inside his coat.

"Sorry, darling, I can't just leave them there..." This really felt like a deja vu, Minho thought.

"My gosh! They are so cuteeee! They might be minmin's reincarnations!" Minho can't even laugh at the younger when Seungmin looked so happy. The kittens were already meowing in Seungmin's arms. Minho didn't notice how Seungmin got his hands on them but that's not important anymore, Minho was just happy seeing Seungmin so happy like this.

"Uhm, darling, I think they're minmin's siblings." Minho said but it went to deaf ears, Seungmin was already tending the dirty kittens. Fortunately, they weren't injured like the first one, they just seemed malnourished and very dirty but that's okay as well since Seungmin was dutifully on it- he already got the cleaning tools laiden out on the floor.

"I'll call this minmin one, he looks like minmin, has the same color too, the only difference is his black nose. Ugh, so cuteee~" Seungmin animatedly said while carefully wiping all the dirt on the first kitten's fur while the other was just behaving in between Seungmin's legs.

Minho can only hum, too busy staring at his boyfriend's bright smile, heart's content and fond. He loved this man so much.

"Annnd, this little guy here will be called minmin two! He's gray and cute. He looks like minmin too!" Seungmin's hands were busy and expertly did the same thing he did with the first one. Minho could cry but it would be awkward and he didn't want to spoil Seungmin's feeling at the moment.

"Okay, honey, whatever you want to call them, I don't mind." Minho smiled widely at the younger's sparkly eyes.

"So can we keep them, babe? Please? Can we?" Like Minho would ever say no to his puppy eyes and even if Seungmin's not sporting that look, Minho has the ability to always say yes to his boyfriend.

"Of course." Seungmin's already giving them names anyway, it would be awkward and Minho would be an if he said no.

"Yes! I'll feed them now!" Seungmin scooped the kitten in his arms again and walked his way towards where they kept the remaining of kitten treats, he stopped for a moment though and turned back to his boyfriend, dropping a sweet kiss on Minho's mouth.

"Welcome home, baby." Seungmin whispered before he continued to tend on the meowing kittens in his arms.

Minho's too whip of his boyfriend to react, he just smiled at Seungmin's retreating back.

"Well, that wasn't hard than I imagined." Minho murmured to himself, internally thanking his own self for bringing the kittens home.