Once Upon an Election Day (Changlix)

SKZ+KWJ CRUMBS

Felix wipes beads of sweats off of her forehead as she feels hot under the barely shade of the waiting area designated for pregnant women.

"Mommy, are we done yet?" Sunoo, her 4-year old kid with her said. There's a cute pout forming on his lips as he looks up at her.

Felix smiles, wiping some beads of sweats off of her son's forehead as well, "not yet, darling. Are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Okay, let me text Dad first, hmm?" Felix said, ruffling the little's hair before shifting her attention onto her cellphone, typing a message to Changbin. She just hopes that her husband was done voting this time.

They left home early in hopes of voting early too but when they arrived at the voting center, there's a quite long line of voters already. For her, there was a holding area for pregnant women and senior citizens, so it's not that hassle anymore, only that it's hot.

"Daddy!" Sunoo shouts near her, making Felix look at her husband with a clinging Sunoo onto his leg. She smiles as she softly rubs her hand around her bump.

"Hi, angel, I bet you're bored already." Changbin chuckles at his now pouting son.

"I am! I am a little hungry too!"

"Okay, okay. Lemme check on Mommy first and I'll buy some snacks." Sunoo just cutely hums, he continues to cling onto his Dad's leg.

Changbin turns to his wife, "how are you?"

"I'm feeling hot but I can manage. Just please buy Sunoo some snacks, he's hungry."

"Got it. What can I get for you?"

"Just water."

"Okay." Changbin leans down and drops a kiss on top of her head. Then he turns to his son again, "be a good boy to Mommy and to your sister hmm?" And when Sunoo didn't budge, Changbin has to hold his chin so that he'll look up to him.

"Baby, you understand, right?"

Sunoo cutely scrunches up his nose, "yes, Daddy. I'm good boy!"

"Yeah, that's right, be a good boy. I'll be right back." Changbin drops a quick kiss onto his son's forehead before he was gone.

The seven-month pregnant woman once again was left with Sunoo, but at least he's not pouting anymore. His little hand is also softly rubbing onto her bump.

"I think she's kicking, Mommy!" Sunoo releases a soft gasp, Felix did feel the baby in her kicks softly. She chuckles at the way her son's face was leaning closer to her tummy.

"I think she approves of you as a good boy too." Felix said softly, smiling fondly at her son whose eyes just sparkled from hearing what his mother has told him.

"Thank you, aegi-yah. I love you." He then drops kisses onto his Mom's bulging tummy, just over the thin fabric of her dress.

"Aww...she kicks again, love. She loves you too, bun." Felix chuckles, swiping the kid's fringe away from his forehead. The little giggles at the information he hears from his Mommy.

"Look, Dad's here..." Sunoo turns behind him and sees his Dad carrying a mango shake and a corndog and Sunoo couldn't help but squeal in happiness after a long gulp of his own saliva.

"Here, baby," Changbin sits beside the desk where his wife has also been sitting on as he carefully hands over the food to the awating and cute hands of his hungry son.

"Be careful with the sticks and careful not to get too much stains on your shirt." He adds.

"Yes, Daddy. Thank you."

"Your welcome, precious." Changbin ruffles the kid's hair before letting him eat his treat and he looks at his wife, handing her a bottle of water with the cap already twisted open.

"Thanks, babe." And she takes a big gulp of water, she can feel how dry is.

Changbin hums, eyeing their surroundings, there are still other pregnant women there having their own time with their own children too, all are waiting for their turn to be called inside the voting room.

"You done voting?" Felix looks at her husband who already sits comfortably beside her.

"Yeah." Then he showed her his index finger with a dried up ink stain on his fingernail.

And not long after, Felix was called it was finally her turn. Then eventually they leave the voting center together.