Choices~

Can you Save/See me?

Chapter 9      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV               

 

Hyoan walk slow and hung his head low. He is in deep thought.

 

When Mr.Choi asked for Sungyeol, Hyoan was dejected. He didn’t know the reason but he worried for the boy. Although he do admit that Sungyeol is mischievous and a bit lacking compare to other member in every aspect, but he is sweet and hardworking. He always complaint about a lot of things, but none he really mean it.

 

“Hyung, I’m done, isn’t it?”

“Huh? What?”

The manager stops his track and study Sungyeol’s calm face. Did the members tell him anything? Did Myungsoo blurt it out?

 

“Don’t make that face hyung. If I’m being call individually to meet the big guy, that’s mean I’m screwed right? Although I didn’t know what I did this time”

Hyoan still tongue-tight and didn’t respond to Sungyeol words. He just looks into Sungyeol’s eyes and didn’t budge. The tall boy smile weakly and stretch his body a bit.

“Okay~~~ whatever it is, I’m ready~~~Lets go hyung!!!!!!”

 

Sungyeol’s grab Hyoan’s arm and drag him to the director’s room. He himself knocks the door and goes inside leaving the manager alone outside the room. Hyoan sigh and lean on the door. He hopes all of this won’t affect the dynamic of the group. This is the first time he saw Sungyeol in is calm state.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(Inside the room)

 

Sungyeol sit on the chair after greet politely to Mr.Choi. The most powerful person in Woollim closes the document he read and takes off his glasses. He glances to the young guy in front of him. Sungyeol lower his head to avoid the director eyes and fidgeting on the chair.

Mr.Choi leans on his chair and put both his elbow on the hand rest.

 

“What INFINITE mean to you, Sungyeolie?”  

 

The young guy shot his head up and looks into Mr.Choi eyes. He didn’t know how to answer that. Seeing Sungyeol silent respond, Mr.Choi repeats his question again.

 

“Family…………. and my other half, sir”

 

Mr.Choi was contemplating since the last meeting with other members. He got 2 decisions for Sungyeol issue. But it depending on Sungyeol’s answer for which decision he would take. The director was moved by Sungyeol honest and clear answer. The glint in Sungyeol’s eyes sign that he really mean what he said.

 

“Then what would you do for INFINITE? How far would you go for them?”

Sungyeol flash a warm smile and straighten his body posture.

“I’ll do anything and I can go as far as leaving the group if that what best for the members”

 

Mr.Choi was taken aback by that straight answer. He never thought the childish and mischievous person like Sungyeol can come out with that without stuttering. That kind of answer is what Sungyu would say if he in the same situation like now.

Mr.Choi smile and sigh in relief. He makes a right choice when he put Lee Sungyeol in the team. Now everything depends on Sungyeol to protect his position in INFINITE. Mr.Choi has decided. He grabs 3 thick documents and slides it in front of Sungyeol.

 

“Now listen carefully and pay attention Lee Sungyeol. I’ll be honest. You held the lowest position in the team. You’re lacking in vocal strength, passion and self-esteem. Not to mention, low in self-control and ambition. You are not competitive and oblivious to your surrounding”

Sungyeol flinch and low his head.

 

“In conclusion, you are TALENTLESS and UNFIT as an IDOL and a SINGER”

 

Mr.Choi stops his word to analyze the boy. He knows Sungyeol was hurt by his remark. But this is needed to be said. Sungyeol lift up his head and rub his neck. He smile weakly and paste his eyes on the table.

 

“Does the lacking me……..effect the members?”

“Yes, you did. Sungyu covered up for your mistake a lot of time. Dongwoo got scold a lot of time because he played too much with you. Woohyun have a hard time to fix your vocal strength for every song. Hoya has a lot on his plate looking after Dongwoo, Myungsoo and Sungjong yet he work so hard for his part. Sungjong and Myungsoo can’t depend on you at all because you are too carefree and you just going with the flow and didn’t do much for INFINITE to shine”

Sungyeol just keep quiet.

 

“When……you want me…….to…to  leave?”   Sungyeol’s voice were quivering and stuttering.

 

“You want to?”

Sungyeol shot his head up by the question.

 

“OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!”

 

“I……I don’t want to leave……but….but if that is good……good for the group….. I mean, I’m willing to………….. if that is what best for them.”

Mr.Choi smile and tap the documents that he slide in front of Sungyeol.

 

“You got 2 choices. Leaving willingly or prove yourself.”

 “First, if you choose to leave, your stage and INFINITE contract will be terminated immediately and you will sign a new contract for acting department to be title as full-time actor. You will not involve in any sort of INFINITE activities and performance.

He picks up the 1st document and shows it to Sungyeol. The new contract.

 

“Second, if you choose to prove yourself, you will follow my conditions without any objection in order to protect and improve your position in INFINITE. You have 6 months to prove that or else you will be out of the team and INFINITE will stand as 6 members for the next concert”

Mr.Choi shows the 2nd document. The 6 months agreement.

 

Sungyeol was stump. His voice stuck in his throat yet his eyed the last 3rd document. The director picks up the last document and sighs.

“If you choose to leave, this is meaningless. But if you choose to stay in INFINITE, this one is your first step. Give me your answer tomorrow. Remember that all of this is between you and me. If this were known by others, your INFINITE’s contract will be terminate immediately. Think it over and read these documents carefully”

 

Sungyeol eyes all the documents in blank expression. His brain froze, his heart clenching inside and his sight is blurred.

____________________________________________________________________________ __________________________     

 

 A/N : Another update~~~~ awwww poor Our Sungyeol………What will he choose?

Please give me any comment, critic, suggestion or feedback on this story……looks like I’m start to get a writer block hahaha~~~

Hope you guys enjoy it so far…