Vocal & Maknae's Conflict~~

Can you Save/See me?

Chapter 29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

“You’ve been training and debuted for years……..and you still can’t improve your vocal strength?”

 

 

Sungyeol standing nervously and glue his sight to the floor. How he can answer that? It’s also a mystery for him for years. He never thought that was a big issues before, because he was satisfied enough just to be together with his group even he got one or two line in the songs. He had never complained.

 

 

“Have you even tried?”

 

 

Seeing the young man in front of him enjoyed the floor more than answering his question, Mr.Jun just sighs and look at Sungyeol’s performance report in his hand. If not because of the Woollim’s director that he respect the most personally asked for his favor, he won’t even bother to spend his precious weekend for this mute brat. He had been a vocal trainer for more than 13 years and monitored a lot of popular and talented singers. This is the first time ever he met a singer who can’t even control his voice for 10 second without wavering his vocal cord. Just what this young man had that make Mr.Choi asked his help?

 

 

“Are you just going to stand there or what??!!”

 

 

Mr.Jun raised his voice and walking toward Sungyeol. The choding was startled and shoot his head’s up.

 

 

“I’m sorry……I’m really sorry, sir……I…..I just can’t answer that……”

 

Listen boy....I’m not a regular vocal trainer that you always met in your studio…..I’m much more than that…….So show me some respect!!!”

 

“Yes……yes, I understand…I’m sorry, sir”

 

 

Mr.Jun felt a bit sorry toward the young man when he saw Sungyeol hand was slightly tremble. He didn’t mean to scare him.

 

 

“Now listen……I’ve been monitored couples of video about of you. Audition, practiced, music video, variety shows and interview, just name it. I watched it all. So what you must understand is, not all great singers were born with a great voice. Some of them gained from pain, some gained from connection and some was born with it……What make them different from each other is hard work and confident…..”

 

 

Sungyeol nod repeatedly and pay full attention to Mr.Jun’s every word.

 

 

“So before I pinpoint a long list of your vocal problem, let me ask you some questions…..just give me an honest answer right away and don’t hesitate…....”

 

“O…Okay…...”                

                                                                                                                 

“Now tell me INFINITE’s rank in vocal according to you….”

 

“Kim Sungyu, Nam Woohyun, Kim Myungsoo, Lee Howon, Jang Dongwoo and Lee Sungjong.”

 

 

Mr.Jun hides his smile when Sungyeol really indeed answered his question in 1 second and one breath without doing any thinking. This boy is funny and honest.

 

 

“All vocal have own type of music genre that suit the singer’s voice. You’ve learnt this right?..............Name what kind of genre that your group had been used so far”

 

“Mostly ballad, pop, jazz, R&B, classic, rock and hip-hop……..and……..and…..others…....~~~”

 

“Then……..what’s yours?”

 

 

Mr.Jun question was a headshot to Sungyeol. He blankly looks at the vocal trainer and his voice stuck in his throat. When Sungyeol was a trainee, their vocal instructor did tell him, but he forgot. He never had a lot of lines anyway for every song. So, he didn’t bother to really think or remember what type of song’s genre that goes along with his voice.

 

 

“I…..I can’t remember……may…maybe ballad and pop I guess”

 

 

Mr Jun sighs for tenth time today. This boy is hopeless. He didn’t even know the value of his own voice.

 

 

“Now answer this…..for every INFINITE’s song since you guys debuted till now, who will sing the next part right after your line?”

 

“Mostly the……..the main vocals and the lead vocal……………always”

 

“Kim Sungyu, Nam Woohyun and Kim Myungsoo huh~~…..............and why do you think they arranged it like that? Have you ever asked or have you thinks about that?”

 

 

Sungyeol getting his 2nd headshot from the guy in front of him. He doesn’t know how to reply. Even he just realized that.  It’s true that for every of INFINITE’s songs after his part, either Sungyu, Woohyun or Myungsoo will sang right after him. Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong never even once get a part after him.

Mr.Jun examine Sungyeol confuse looks and sigh heavily.

 

 

“What’s wrong with our music industries nowadays? Just because you have a good look, you think you can stand on stage and become a singer??? You don’t even know the basic of vocal and line arrangement for a song!!”

 

 

Once again, Sungyeol looks at the floor. 3rd headshot.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(In INFINITE’s dorm)

 

                                                                                               

“Hoya hyung~~~Where is Yeolie hyung?”

 

 

Hoya raises his head from the chopping board and glance at the maknae. The boy just woke up with a messy hair and cutely rubbing his eyes to ease away the sleepiness. He walks to the kitchen where Hoya and Myungsoo prepare for breakfast. Today is their turn to cook.

 

                                                                                      

“He left early this morning…….”

 

“What?? I thought he was schedule-free for today…… Do you know where did he go Soo hyung?”

 

 

Hoya just smile when Sungjong pouting. So the youngest still have some cuteness in him. Although he act cute and their fans always fall on knees for his ‘aegyo’ gesture, but for the members, it’s was cringe worthy sight to see. Outside, he is an angel, but inside he was like a little devil who waiting to chew on his hyung.

 

 

“How should I know? I’m not his mom!!!”

 

 

Hoya and Sungjong both fall into deep silent when Myungsoo keep stabbing the sausage in the frying pan with a chopstick. Hoya just sighs and continues to cut the kimchii into small pieces. Since he step his foot in the kitchen, he already sensed a dark and cold aura from the visual. Welcome ‘L'.

 

 

“Why are you getting upset with me?? I’m just asking!!!!”

 

 

The sudden outburst from the maknae really startles Hoya. Even Myungsoo turn his body and glaring to Sungjong.

 

 

“What did you say???”

 

“I’m just asking, okay……..just say you don’t know is enough~~~~~”

 

 

Seeing that the visual marching toward the youngest make Hoya alert. He put down his knife and grab Myungsoo’s arm.

 

 

“Stop!!! Both of you!!! Sungjong, go wash up and wake Dongwoo hyung up…….Myungsoo, let finish this before Sungyu hyung wake up!!!!!”     

 

 

Sungjong just huff and walk out of the kitchen while stomping his feet. He had enough with Myungsoo’s immature act. Since Sungyeol rarely around, the visual easily become grumpy all the time. Myungsoo used to be the one who accompany him, comforting him and took care of him a lot. In conclusion, the visual is the source of his tranquility. But this past three month, Myungsoo easily get upset even on trivial matter, keep silent and only become normal when INFINITE’s is complete with 7 members. He is already at his limit faces with Myungsoo’s mood swing.

 

 

“Jongie is right, Myungsoo ah……….....I know why you upset, I will scold Sungyeol later for you, okay?”

 

 

Myungsoo shut his mouth and focusing back on the almost burn sausage in the pan. Hoya knows that the visual is upset with Sungyeol. The choding was too busy to pay attention to his best friend and didn’t even inform him where he went this morning. Today Sungyeol have no schedule, same with Myungsoo. So, the visual maybe already planned to spend the day with Sungyeol. But when Hoya wakes up, Sungyeol was ready to go out and he just said that he needs to go somewhere for drama purposes and already informed their manager.

 

 

The choding did actually got a schedule. The schedule that was supposedly confidential that Mr.Choi gave to him. He will suffer a full day of individual vocal and dance practices. Nobody knows that Sungyeol is currently being scolded again and again by his strict vocal trainer.

 

Nobody know and nobody should know.

 

 

 

A/N : Yeahhh~~~ another update for you guys~~~

 

Seems like the dynamic of the group are crumbling slowly……….

What will happen between Sungjong and Myungsoo?

The two maknae is Sungyeol and Hoya responsibility since they debuted….…..but when Sungyeol is not around, can Hoya handle it by himself?

 

 

Wait for my next update~~~~

By the way, I think every INSPIRIT do noticed that for every INFINITE's song, only Sungyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo will sing right after Sungyeol's part.......except for "COVER GIRL".......

 

Why do you think the line was arranged like that? I will expose it in next chapter ~~~ (^_^)