New Obstacles~~

Can you Save/See me?

Chapter 28

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

“Is it true, sir?”

 

Urmm?”

 

 

Sungyeol rub his neck awkwardly. He was a bit taken aback when Hyoan said that Mr.Choi want to see him. He worried that Mr.Choi knew something. He already broke the agreement by telling Kris about it. But when he met the director, it was more than confusing.

 

 

“I mean the filming………...is it true that the dateline has been extended?”

 

“Yeah, they just called me this morning…..…they said because of the increase in rating, they decided to add more series than original...........that’s mean you did a good job~~~”

 

“But…......but extended to one month?”

 

“Yeah…......what’s wrong with that? You got more job than before….…..wasn’t that what you want?”

 

 

Sungyeol clench both of his fists tightly. Yes, indeed he got more jobs, but the time is crucial for him. He wants to focus with his practice and to be together with his group for the concert and performances. But the filming affected him physically. He tried his best to endure for last one month from the original filming schedule, but now it become two month. He swallowed enough pain killers to withstand the pain throughout the last three months. His right shoulder still sore, his left hand was numb because yesterday he hanged by his left hand with rope when filming a scene where he need to save Kris from falling from the cliff. They do the stunt by themselves.

 

 

“Okay……....one more month…….I can do that”

 

 

Sungyeol grit his teeth and look directly into Mr.Choi eyes. He don’t care if it’s was rude to the director. He promised. He will fulfill it.

 

Mr.Choi sighs heavily. He really impressed with Sungyeol. That boy got some gut to accepted and survived this long, thought the director. But no matter how strong he is, everyone got his own limit. Mr.Choi worried that the limit is around the corner; because he knows that by extending the filming schedule is just a starter to mentally torture the young man. That’s how strong the influence and power of the main branch. And it will only end when Sungyeol give up or Sungyeol survive the 6 months. The more the young man endures, more obstacles will stand on his path.

 

 

“Sungyeol ah….…….one more thing……..”

 

The director hands out a piece of paper to the choding. Sungyeol briefly read it and sigh.

 

 

“Extending the filming dateline is not enough, huh?..........now this…..”

Sungyeol fold the paper into small piece and put it in his pocket.

 

 

“Is there is anything else, sir?”

 

 

After studying Sungyeol face, Mr.Choi walks to the young man and gently pats his shoulder.

 

 

“Sungyeol ah……..….when I put you in INFINITE, I worried that you can’t fit in with the team. I was afraid that you will be left behind and chewed by the media because you lacked in every aspect as a singer. But you survived for years…..…you honestly stand strongly and made your existence known to the world”

 

 

Sungyeol just silently listen to the director. Mr.Choi never talked this gently to him. Not personally, because normally Sungyu was the one who did all the talking and became middlemen between the director and the members.

 

 

“What I meant to say is…….….…be strong~~~”

 

Sungyeol smile a bit seeing the awkward way the director show his ‘Hwaiting’ sign with his chubby hands. Well at least he tried.

 

                         

“Thank you, sir. Then I make my move now”

 

 

Sungyeol walk to the door and try to turn the knob. But suddenly the door open by someone make Sungyeol walk backward to give space for the person.But Sungyeol hastily look at the floor when his eyes met with the leader’s small eyes. He still hurt about yesterday conversation with Sungyu. It was kind of awkward to be around Sungyu. He hates how this situation goes, but he was too hurt to even look at Sungyu.

 

Even this morning, because he came home at 3.30am, he was the last one to wake up. Myungsoo and Sungjong helped him a lot by preparing his cloth and his stuff. Sungyu didn’t say a word at him as usual. Not even a ‘good morning’.

 

 

“Did you come here to talk to me or just standing there?”

 

 

Mr.Choi voice startles both Sungyeol and Sungyu. The leader was actually shocked to see Sungyeol in the director room. He comes to talk about Sungyeol and the choding was already there.

 

 

“Yes….yes, sir…….I need to talk to you…..about our new song”

 

 

Sungyu just eyeing Sungyeol’s back when he left the room and close the door.

 

“So Sungyu……....have a sit”

“Why he was here?”

 

Sungyu shot the question even before his hit the chair.

 

 

“What do you think?”

 

“The contract? Filming? Is he hurt? Did he say he want to quit?

 

“Sungyu, one question at a time………it’s NO for all…..except his drama filming dateline has been extended”

 

“Extended? Why?”

 

“If you happen to meet Lee Soo Man somewhere around the street, ask that for me………….….”

 

 

Sungyu directly glue his sight on the table and clasp him both of his hand tightly. From Mr.Choi’s tone, Sungyu knows he almost crossed the line. Among the idols and staffs in Woollim, Sungyu is the only one who can speak up his opinion boldly to the director of Woollim. But there is still a line he can’t step over. The line called respect.

 

“I called Sungyeol here just to informed him about the extended dateline………..that’s all”

 

Seeing Sungyu just nodding and bite his lip, the director know that the young man waiting his signal to speak up. That’s why he adored Sungyu than others. The young man knows how to act in crucial moments, choice of word for every conversation and take control in every situation given to him. One of the main reasons why he never worried to let Sungyu involved in any TV program or talk shows. But nowadays the INFINITE’s leader he proud off started to losing his touch, and this worried Mr.Choi.

 

 

“Is there anything else?”

“About Sungyeol……..”

“Again, Sungyu?”

“I’m just worried…….”

 

 

Mr.Choi rubs his neck, straightens his body posture and huff. Now he knows perfectly why Sungyeol is the target. Other than he was an easy prey, Lee Soo Man knew the influence Sungyeol have in the group.

 

 

“How about you focus on the team right now…….you guys got new choreography, new song and new theme…….get your head straight Sungyu ah~~”

 

“I know sir….but……”   

                    

 “Get Hoya and Dongwoo to help you in dance practice to keep others in line. Tell Woohyun and Myungsoo to be consistent in their vocal training. After all, Myungsoo need to work hard because he is the lead vocal now. Make sure Sungjong and Sungyeol train harder than before. Monitor Sungjong dance and ask him to stop practice girls group’s dance for a while because the new choreography is sharp and strong……...That’s all…..now you can go and continues your practice”

 

 

Sungyu knows better not to say a word anymore. He just nods, stand up and bow his head to show some respect to the director. He walks out the room and closes the door with a big lump in his heart.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(In the bathroom)

 

Sungyeol swallow two capsules of pain killer because he needs to withstand 3 hours of dance practice. His right shoulder still is in recovery state. The pain might get in the way when he dances. Sungyeol then clench his left hand repeatedly and sighs. He can’t feel anything because it was fully numb.

 

Suddenly Sungyeol remember the piece of paper he received from Mr.Choi. The choding take out the paper in his pocket and open it. He looks at the timetable and read the big title on it.

 

“INDIVIDUAL TRAINING SESSION SCHEDULE FOR VOCAL AND DANCE PRACTICES”

(STATUS: CONFIDENTIAL)

 

 

“Confidential huh……..telling me to suffer alone again”

 

Sungyeol sighs and fold back the paper and put in his pocket. He then walks out to the dance studio with a heavy shoulder.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Yeah~~~ another update for you guys~~~~~

Sungyeol misunderstanding toward Sungyu become serious~~~~~

Will Sungyeol know that Sungyu is just worried about him?

Why everything become harder to the choding?

Will anyone realize Sungyeol situation and help him?

 

Wait for my next update~~~