Is it that hard?~~

Can you Save/See me?

 

Chapter 72

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

 

“Sungyu……”

 

 

Sungyu snap his head when someone called for him. He stands when he saw Changmin wave his hand from the door and pats Woohyun’s shoulder. Signed that he will be back and ask Woohyun to look after the two maknae. He then walks to the corner of the studio and follow Changmin to sit at the floor beside Changmin.

 

 

“Yes, sunbae-nim?”

 

Changmin sigh and ruffle his hair. He always confident with all his decision and never hesitated at all every time he made his choice. Shim Changmin never worried about the result of his action because he believes that’s what meant to be and going with the flow without any regret.

 

But now, he worried.

 

 

“What TVXQ’s song that INFINITE chose to perform?”

 

“We just discussed it again with our stage director……we go for 5 songs for cover song, 3 for cover dance and 2 for remix……..”

 

“For cover song, it is the original member or the duo?”

 

 

Sungyu sigh. He also worried about that. If they choose the duo song, which mean TVXQ’s song that sang by Yunho and Changmin only, it will be hard for them to distribute the part in line. Meanwhile if they choose the song with original member, there will be a problem on vocal strength. Sungyu was confident with s, but Sungjong and Sungyeol worried him.

Sungjong’s voice is clear and has some depth to give a harmony with other members, but he had a short breath which needs to be support by other member’s voice for balance if they sing a song by TVXQ’s original members which use a lot of head and chest voice.

And about Sungyeol, Sungyu doesn’t even know where to start. It’s been a while he haven’t hear Sungyeol sing because he rarely be with them.

 

 

“3 hits song from original member which is Hug, Mirotic and Purple Line and 2 hit song from duo song which is Catch Me and Keep Your Head Down………..”

 

 

Changmin smile thinly at Sungyu’s worried face. He knows what’s going on in INFINITE’s leader head. He knows how hard a leader work to keep their group image and status up to date. Changmin knew it by sticking to Yunho’s side since he was 14 years old.

 

 

“Change it…….”

 

“Huh??? Change it? Change what?”

 

“I know it’s not easy……but it won’t help if you choose the duo song…….INFINITE have 7 member for just 2 person song………….if you guys do all the cover song from original TVXQ’s members……the line distribution is fair and balance……….remember, this collaboration is for INSPIRIT and CASSIOPEIA……..don’t you want to push the limit?”

 

Sungyu frown at Changmin’s idea.

 

 

“Sunbae-nim…….you knows that we can’t do that…….with the limited time we have now, not to mention that we can’t balance the song just because we have more member…….it’s too risky~~~~”

 

“Don’t you trust your group member, Sungyu ah?”

 

“Of course I do~~~~but we must stick to the fact……..we, INFINITE is not on par with TVXQ’s level…….we have a long way to go and not all of us is vocally compatible with the vocal strength of TVXQ’s member in every song~~~~that’s why our vocal trainer, stage director and me carefully choose the song that we can perform without any chance that we might ruin the song~~~~not to mention that we even worried if me and Woohyun can’t hit your high note in every chosen song~~~”

 

“That’s why I said…..lets change the song……let me help you in song selection and line distribution…….with 7 members, you can help each other to harmonize and shorten the gap for overlapping line………you guys are known for best teamwork, right? Trust me~~~”

 

 

Sungyu hum and scratch his chin. Changmin suggestion somehow convincing but they have limited time to practice. And Sungyeol is one of his big concerns.

 

 

“Is it possible? We still have to practice for duet and dance battle……….and…..and Sungyeol…”

 

“What about him?”

 

 

Sungyu was about to say something when the sound of the door open distract him. He became stiff when Sungyeol’s sour face greets him. Everyone stop everything they do except for the trio who are still dancing in front of the mirror led by Yunho.

Seeing the awkward face of s including Changmin, Sungyeol drop down his head and walk slowly to the corner of the studio and silently play with his phone.

 

 

“Yeolie ah~~~”

 

Sungyeol lift his head and smile faintly at his best friend.

 

 

“Hey buddy~~”

 

Myungsoo sit beside his best friend and quietly lean his body toward Sungyeol. He doesn’t even know what to say, so the visual of their group just keep his mouth sealed. Seeing that make Sungyeol just sigh softly and pinch Myungsoo’s cheek.

 

 

“I’m still here……what with the sour face, huh?”

 

Myungsoo lift his face and gaze at Sungyeol’s calm smiling face. Why Sungyeol still can smile after knowing about his contract termination?

Myungsoo didn’t reply Sungyeol’s question and snuggle closer to his best friend. He just doesn’t want to be apart from Sungyeol. Myungsoo can’t imagine his daily life without that guy because he already became too attached to Sungyeol.

 

 

Hey buddy……do you remember?”

 

“Errm? About what?”

 

“Remember your scandal last year? About what you said in our ‘GROW’ documentary?”

 

 

Myungsoo frown and study Sungyeol’s faint smile. Why did he suddenly want to talk about that?

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(Flashback)

(Infinite ‘GROW’ documentary)

 

“Peoples will criticize me for even smiling right now…….they will criticize me for crying……they are tired with me……..they said this will be a good opportunity for me……I’m really scared~~~~~to be honest, I’m afraid that I might leave the group~~~~~I afraid that I’ll be abandon by the peoples I trusted………I’m scare nobody will believe me……….I can’t sleep……I can’t even eat……..I don’t want to do anything, but I have to work~~~~~”

 

(End of flashback)

 

 

“What did I said?”

 

 

Myungsoo can’t remember what did he said when the scandal rumor broke up that time. All he can remember that he cried a lot and seek Sungyeol all the time for comfort. He talked about a lot of things with his best friend, so he can’t remember which one that Sungyeol referred to.

Sungyeol smile and suddenly hug Myungsoo tightly. He can feel that Myungsoo stiffen at his sudden action. It is because, that visual guy is the one who always clinging and hugging Sungyeol. It’s rare even to their fans for Sungyeol to do that first. He actually felt thankful when Myungsoo approached him and didn’t asked or say anything. All he need right now is someone beside him.

 

 

“Let just say……..I understand now how you felt when you said that at that time………I’m sorry Myungso ahh~~~for not being able to understand you at that time……”

 

“What…..what did I said? And what are you apologized for???”

 

 

Myungsoo feel a bit confuse in Sungyeol’s embrace and that guy behavior worried him. A sudden hug and sudden apology is not something that Lee Sungyeol will do and that make Myungsoo more agitated.

 

With no reply from Sungyeol, Myungsoo push Sungyeol’s body and hold both of his cheeks.

 

 

Is it because of the anti-fans comment?? Or the articles by those trash reporters?? Or because the contract’s issue??? You want me to scold the anti-fans?? Because that’s what I will do if you want me to!!!!!”

 

 

Yunho halt dancing and stop the music, follow by Hoya and Dongwoo when they heard Myungsoo’s loud voice. Even Sungyu and Changmin stop discussing while Woohyun and Sungjong stand in panic.

 

 

“No Myungsoo ahh~~~”

 

Sungyeol stand up when his best friend stand in agitated manner.

 

 

“They know nothing!!!!! They have no right to judge you!!!! You are strong!!!! Lee Sungyeol that I know is not this weak!!!!”

 

“Soo ahh~~~Please~~~”

 

“And since when did you ever pay any attention to those anti-fans??!!! Since when??!!! Or do you want me to go and talk to Lee Soo Man about the contract???!!! BECAUSE I WILL!!!!!”

 

 

“BBAAAMMM!!!!”

 

Everyone especially Myungsoo was stunned when Sungyeol suddenly smash his phone on the wall and panting hard. The screen is cracked in his hand and the metal cover of the phone dented a bit. Sungyeol pants hard in anger. He tries to comfort and tolerate with Myungsoo’s rambling, but his limit explode when his best friend mentioned ‘Lee Soo Man’ name. He tried so hard to protect them from Lee Soo Man, yet Myungsoo want to have a talk with that old guy.

 

 

“All…….all I want is……is the normal INFINITE……the normal annoying brothers that I stay together for years……..not this~~~~~All these questions…….is…...is it~~~~IS IT THAT HARD???!!!”

 

 

Myungsoo was taken aback with panting Sungyeol glaring at him. He looks so upset and disappointed. Nobody say anything and move other than Yunho.

The TVXQ ‘s leader walks and grabs Sungyeol’s hand to make sure his hand did not hurt or have any cut from the crack of his phone screen. Kris told him and Changmin everything about Sungyeol, including that boy can’t afford even a small cut or the blood will not easily stop.

Meanwhile, Sungyu who was shocked with Sungyeol’s sudden outburst rooted his leg to the floor. He just can watch how Yunho gently open Sungyeol’s clenched fist that strongly holding the phone and wrap Sungyeol’s hand tightly with a small bandage that he found in that boy bag.

 

 

“Changmin ah~~take Sungyeol out………others stay and continue……..”

 

 

Changmin slowly grab Sungyeol’s arm and drag that fragile boy out of the studio. He understands his leader’s hint through his glance. Yunho want him to take Sungyeol for a treatment. Looking at the small trace of blood at the bandage, Changmin pretty sure that boy got a small cut on his hand.

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo’s eyes follow Sungyeol until he can’t see the back of his best friend anymore.

 

 

“Sungyeol……..he mad at me……Sungyeol mad at me~~~”

 

 

 

A/N : Yeah~~~~Another update for you guys~~~~

 

What actually Changmin’s plan by asking Sungyu to change their song selection?

Will that help INFINITE or not?

What will happen between Myungsoo and Sungyeol?

Will their practice for collaboration run smoothly?

What will Sungyu do?

 

By the way, I’m using the real Myungsoo’s interview in their ‘GROW’ documentary……he cried non-stop when their fans and netizen attacked his girlfriend and some anti-fans even asked him to quit INFINITE…….saying that INFINITE doesn’t need a traitor like him…….geez~~~what a twisted netizen they are~~~

 

Wait for my next update~~~