The Key~~

Can you Save/See me?

 

Chapter 71

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

 

“No Sungyeol ah~~~~~that’s not the right note~~~~again!!!!”

 

 

Sungyeol sigh and take a deep breath. He lost count already on how many times he repeats the same line. He didn’t know that Changmin was quite a nagger. He keep complained about Sungyeol middle-range and lower-range vocal. He also doesn’t understand why TVXQ’s maknae choose the rooftop for a place for his vocal practice.

But Sungyeol didn’t complaint because he was okay with that. At least he got an excuse not to be in the same studio with s that just arrived. It must be awkward and he didn’t prepare himself yet to answer any of their questions. He even turned off his phone.

 

 

“Almost there Sungyeol ah~~~~~again!!!!”

 

“Hyung~~~~can we…..can we take a rest?”

 

Changmin snap his head toward the panting Sungyeol. He was too focusing on the lyris in his hand that he didn’t realize that he pushed that boy too much. Changmin drop his hand that holding the paper and put his hand on Sungyeol’s sweaty forehead.

 

 

“Yes…..yes of course……are you okay? You looks a bit pale…..we can stop for tonight if you were not feeling well…..”

 

 

Sungyeol just smile faintly and sit on the rooftop floor, follow by Changmin. He wipes the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand and giggle.

 

 

“Huh? What’s so funny?”

 

Sungyeol stop giggling and smile at Changmin.

 

 

Nothing~~~it’s nice to hear you call my name rather than ‘kiddo’~~~~~and hyung……..you are not so scary like others said about you~~~”

 

Changmin just scoff at Sungyeol’s words and then sigh slowly.

 

 

I can be scary when I wanted to………in this industry, if you were strong enough to make a stand, others won’t bother you…….even if……..you were just pretending……….”

 

Sungyeol lift his eyebrows and study Changmin that look a bit lost in his thought. This is the first time he feels ‘The Great Shim Changmin’ gave a defeated vibe. He looks fragile and hurt. He wonder if this is the real Shim Changmin that everyone afraid of.

 

 

“Well, are you?”

 

“Huh? What?”

 

Sungyeol carefully clear his throat and touch Changmin’s hand, which make that guy flinch a bit.

 

 

“Are you………pretending?”

 

“Pretending? About what?”

 

“Pretending to be……..to be strong and untouchable…………rough and territorial………isn’t it?”

 

 

Changmin widen his eyes and hastily pull his hand. Sungyeol’s doe eyes and careful words squeeze his heart in a second. He was so shocked that he was speechless. Meanwhile, Sungyeol just gaze deep inside Changmin’s eyes, trying to read the guy.

 

Changmin who was still in frozen state ponder about something seriously.

Why? Just why he felt like this boy know him more than anyone else?

Does he know something? Or is it just a lucky guess?

Everything that Sungyeol just said is like he was reading Changmin like an open book.

 

 

“I’m…..I’m sorry sunbae-nim~~~~~maybe I talk too much~~~~”

 

“Yes, you are……know your place before you talk!!!!”

 

Sungyeol bow his head apologetically when the TVXQ’s maknae scold him and sit still when Changmin stand up and dust the dirt on his pant.

 

 

“Stand up kiddo……..don’t lower your head like that in front of others...that’s why they look down on you…..because you looks so weak……..”

 

Then Changmin walk away before Sungyeol even get to reply him. He was a bit disappointed when Changmin called him ‘kiddo’ back. But he knows that’s what he gets for being nosy. Sungyeol doesn’t even know why he wants to get to know Changmin better.

Maybe he shouldn’t.

 

“Who am I to ask that kind of question……..stupid Lee Sungyeol~~~~”

 

 

It’s already too much for him to face with s right now and now he make Changmin upset. Sungyeol sigh heavily and slowly stand up. He can’t avoid forever after all. Changmin was right. He needs to make a stand for himself.

 

But without Sungyeol knowing, Changmin halt his step at the stair on the way down and let out a deep sigh while rubbing his face with his hand. He actually tried to look tough by scolding Sungyeol just now. He was taken aback when Sungyeol suddenly caught him off guard by asking about his mask.

 

Yes.

 

His mask.

 

 

Changmin was not as strong as what peoples around him described him. Only s know how he actually was. That’s why Yunho put up with him a lot although that makes the TVXQ’s leader sometime looks weak.

Like Sungyeol said, he pretended to be strong, untouchable, rough and territorial. It is because he wants to protect what he had left after Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu left SM Entertainment. He wants to climb high until Lee Soo Man can’t touch even a strand of hair of s anymore.

But Sungyeol, that boy just climbs over the wall inside his heart that he builds for years. Wall that only can be enter by s. That boy makes Changmin’s heart soften and his guard down in a split second. No one can do that to him except s because he has a soft spot for them especially Junsu, his favorite hyung.

 

 

“Is this the reason? The reason why he was Soo Man’s target? because he is the key?”

 

 

Changmin just sigh and walk down the stair. He purposely didn’t wait for Sungyeol and go to studio first. It is because needs to calm himself first and walking together with Sungyeol might not helping.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

(Woollim’s studio)

 

 

 

“That’s right Hoya~~~~keep it up.......focus on the beat, not the music~~~~”

 

 

Hoya made a swift rotation and follow Yunho’s movement through the mirror. He and Dongwoo practice the dance choreography that they will perform in the collaboration with Yunho on stage. He didn’t feel tired at all and Yunho’s instruction makes him more energetic to dance. It’s an honor to him to be able to dance with one of TVXQ’s legendary dance machine. Hoya saw a lot of fans comments that he was a fusion of Jung Yunho and Kim Junsu in term of looks and dance’s skill. So he really is looking forward for the collaboration stage.

 

 

“Dongwoo~~~nice rhythm but keep up with the beat……you miss one~~~~”

 

 

Dongwoo try his best to keep up with TVXQ’s leader. He was amazed and can’t believe that the guy that led them in dance was 31 years old and he can point out their mistakes while dancing without missing a beat. No wonder TVXQ were one of the living legend in South Korea music industry.

 

Other than Hoya, Dongwoo and Yunho, others sit in a circle for a vocal training. Sungyu and Woohyun take turn to guide Sungjong and Myungsoo for TVXQ’s songs that they pick for cover song. Every members including TVXQ’s former member were all excellent vocalist and TVXQ was known as the king of ballad and almost all members pass as main and lead vocal.

That why Woohyun and Sungyu carefully picked the song for the cover. They need to keep the charm and originality of the song because not only INSPIRIT, but CASSIOPEIA also will watch their performance. So it’s a matter of pride and honor. They need to make it perfect.

 

Although they feel empty when Sungyeol were not there, everyone tried their best for the dance practice and vocal training. Yunho already said that Sungyeol is not feeling well for tonight practice because of his filming and nobody dare to ask anything when the TVXQ’s leader who normally rich with smile looks a bit stern.

 

 

“Sungyu…….”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yeahh~~~~Another update for you guys~~~~

 

Why Changmin keep train Sungyeol on the rooftop instead in the studio?

It is because of his “Evolving Sungyeol” vision?

Does Changmin know the reason why Lee Soo Man chooses that boy?

What will INFINITE’s members say when they saw Sungyeol?

Whose voice is calling for Sungyu?

 

 

Wait for my next update~~~