Out of sight, Out of mind~~

Can you Save/See me?

 

Chapter 64

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

“Did you see Sungyeolie?”

 

The film crews just shake their head. They haven’t see Sungyeol around since everyone were busy for the filming the big scene of a gang’s fight. Kris just finished his scene and now they are filming the big fight between 2 groups of gangster.

 

 

“Aishhhh~~~where is this kid?? He needs treatment~~~~~”

 

Kris mumbling to himself while looking everywhere for that boy. Sungyeol fell down a lot when they filming a scene where Sungyeol needs to run from being chase at the alley. Kris was so worried when he saw Sungyeol fell down hard. But that boy keeps on acting although he had scratches all over his hand and leg. Sungyeol even cut his knee when he rolled over to avoid a piece of wood throw to him by the villain for the scene. Kris want to run to him to have a look on that boy right after the director said ‘cut’, but the stylist keeps him busy to get ready for his turn for filming.

 

Kris walks to the tent that prepared specially for actors. Usually every time he was looking for Sungyeol, he will walk around the filming set because that boy will find a seclude place to practice his line for the drama or practice dancing for INFINITE’s song. But recently, Sungyeol will just stay inside the tent or actor’s waiting room to rest and doing other stuff. Kris thought that’s a good thing because that boy always look exhausted and injured himself. By resting and doing nothing he will have more rest and less injury. Kris somehow felt grateful at Mr. Choi decision to excluded Sungyeol from INFINITE’s schedules.

 

 

 

“There you are~~~~what are you doing here?? You should watch my part~~~~fighting those bad guy in cool way just using my fist~~~”

 

Kris bragging about his cool scene that he just filming right after when he saw Sungyeol sits and leans at the wall of the tent. Sungyeol cover both of his straighten legs with a small blanket and had his eyes closed.

Seeing no respond from the young man, Kris slowly walks and sits in front of Sungyeol.

 

 

“Sungyeol ah~~~ are you sleeping?”

 

“No, hyung…..I’m not…..”

 

Kriss eyes worriedly at Sungyeol. Although his face was calm, Sungyeol was drenched with sweat and he looks a bit pale. He gently holds the boy’s hand and suddenly widens his eyes.

 

 

“Yeolie ah~~~~your……your hand is cold~~~~~are you sick???!!!!”

 

Sungyeol slowly open his eyes and smile faintly at Kris.

 

 

“Tone down your voice a bit, hyung……..No need to show off~~~~I know you used to be the best rapper in EXO~~~~~haha~~~”

 

“Shut up!!!! I’m not up for a joke~~~~Are you okay???”

 

Sungyeol sighs and straighten his body posture.

 

 

“If I say I’m okay…..will you buy it?”

 

“Of course not!!!!”

 

Sungyeol chuckle when Kris scowls at him. It’s funny yet sad feeling lingering inside him. It would be nice if Sungyu, Myungsoo or any of scowling at him like Kris did. Nowaday he felt a little bit lonely somehow.

 

 

“You know…….the pill…….”

 

“You still take it???!!!! I told you……”

 

Sungyeol manage to cut off Kris’s voice by putting his palm on Kris’s mouth.

 

 

“Yes…..I know……..I didn’t take it……that’s why I’m like this~~~~”

 

Sungyeol pull back his palm on Kris mouth and lift up the blanket on his leg. Kris gasps when he saw the bandage around Sungyeol’s left knee. The blood was all over the bandage and it still looks fresh.

 

 

“What……what happen???? The blood~~~~did you badly cut your knee???”

 

“Don’t worry……it’s just a small cut, but the blood…….it won’t stop”

 

The conversation that Kris had with the doctor who treated Sungyeol suddenly clicked in his mind.

 

“Let me ask you…….did you know that he consumed a pain killer every day?? His blood test showed that the over-consumed of the pills thinning his blood cell and it reduced the blood ability for blood clotting…….that explained why the stiches on his arm still bleed from time to time and the blood that already clotted inside the skin can’t be process by the blood cell, that’s why the bruises didn’t fade……..”

 

 

Kris rubs his face with both of his palm.

 

“…….reduced the blood cell ability for blood clotting...…..so that what it means…...”

 

 

Sungyeol smile weakly. He still takes the pill but he reduces the amount. He can’t stop consume the pill drastically because his body already used to the pill. He knows the pills already took a toll on his body. Sungyeol already suspect that his continuous nausea and stomach pain is one of the prices he needs to pay for the over-consumed of the pain killer. He can’t risk any injury or the blood will hardly stop and the cut on his knee is the best example. He already feels tired and dizzy. Although he managed to stop the blood, he still loses quite an amount of blood for a small cut. He needs to stitch the cut before he gets another infection like the cut on his arm before.

 

 

“Don’t you worry…….I got plenty of time to rest and recover…….after all I’m not involve in any of INFINITE’s schedules anymore……”

 

Sungyeol sad smile give a tug on Kris heart. He knows that boy was a bit broken with Mr. Choi decision. But it’s for the best. Because with Sungyeol current condition, the boy won’t last for a week with the hectic group and individual schedules for their collaboration stage promotion’s activities.

 

Kris ruffles Sungyeol’s hair gently and let out a heavy sigh. He sinks in his own thought.

Just how long will this boy stand?

How high will he climb?

How far will he go?

And how hurt will he be?

 

The fact that Kris can do nothing to persuade Sungyeol to just give up the fight, make him feel bad. He already failed to persuade Lay to leave EXO and he doesn’t know Lay’s condition. Kris even afraid to ask because he was scared of any possibility that Lay will be mistreated in SM.

 

 

“Hyung~~~~”

 

Kris lifts his head and look at Sungyeol. The warm smile that flash on Sungyeol’s face brush away the guilt that roaming inside his heart. Kris unconsciously smiles back.

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you before? Watch me~~~~watch me stand and fight……..and catch me when I fell…… I only have you now……”

 

“Sungyeol ah~~~~your members~~~~”

 

“I know
hyung……I know that I have them………but keeping them away is the only way to protect them from Soo Man……’out of sight, out of mind’, remember? So if Soo Man didn’t see any involvement from them in my issue……they won’t be his target~~~~~”

 

Seeing Sungyeol smiles sweetly hurt Kris so much. That boy looks happy just at the thought that he was able to protect his group member by hurting himself really make Kris screaming from the inside.

Kris gently pulls Sungyeol into his embrace and tightens both of his hand around Sungyeol’s tall frame.

 

 

“Okay, I will………I will catch you……..just promise me one thing~~~~~”

 

Sungyeol smile faintly at Kris’s soft voice.

 

 

“Anything hyung……what is it?”

 

“Promise me~~~~~just promise me that when you fall…….fall in one solid piece~~~~not in thousand pieces~~~~~”

 

Sungyeol’s tear fall down. There is no way he can promise that.

No way.

But he answers it anyway because that’s not the most important thing right now.

 

 

“I PROMISE, HYUNG~~~~”

 

 

A/N: Yeayyy~~~ another update for you guy~~~~

 

Looks like Sungyeol’s body can’t afford any injury; will he be able to withstand that?

Did Sungyeol really be able to protect s by keeping them away?

What will happen if INFINITE somehow gets to know about his condition?

Will they stand to protect Sungyeol or will they push him away..…….to protect Sungyeol?

 

Wait for my next update~~~