Let's Fight~~

Can you Save/See me?

 

Chapter 37

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

 

“Again~~~~~”

 

 

Sungyeol bow his head a bit and start again the 1st verse of the song Mr. Jun gave him. He keeps repeating that part for couple of time already. Sungyeol doesn’t even know what he did wrong. He follows the note, the rhythm, and the step accordingly, He even counts the beat using his hand to make sure he didn’t make any mistake. But Mr. Jun still asked him to repeat the same part.  

 

 

“Again~~~~~”

 

 

Sungyeol bow again and repeat it carefully.

 

 

“What did I comment about your vocal strength, Sungyeol ah?”

 

 

Sungyeol lift his head from the music note in his hand and look at his vocal trainer.

 

 

“Short breath, weak vocal cord, doesn’t belong in countertenor, tenor, baritone and bass group, unstable vocal cord’s control…….and…and others”

 

 

Mr.Jun sigh when Sungyeol reply him with a smile on his face. How can he smile while saying that? That’s was the worst comment he ever gave to a singer. Normally he just asked them to quit their dream to be a singer if he gives them that kind on comment. But something about Sungyeol make him want to keep pushing the boy. First time he met Sungyeol, that boy frown almost all the time, but he never stops smiling although Mr. Jun scolded him using any curse word that ever cross human’s mind every time he make a mistake. He thought that boy was a bit dumb at first with that kind of attitude, but he realizes that Sungyeol just pushing off his own limit either physically and mentally and accept his own weakness the way he is. Sungyeol never complaint either, he just smile and keep following his vocal trainer’s instruction.

 

 

“Did your vocal instructor ever comment anything about your voice and vocal range?”

 

 

“Not really sir, they focus more on mains vocal and lead vocal……..but last time, he said that I have a potential for high-pitch vocal range, but because it didn’t really fit with our song style and that responsibility fall on main vocal and lead vocal……..so yeah……they……just said that…….”

 

“They didn’t train you for high-pitch vocal range but they said you have potential??”

 

 

Sungyeol nod with a thin smile. He quite confused with the question. Sungyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo can do that, so why would they let him train on that? Everyone have their own role that they need to follow. He was lucky enough that he got a vocalist’s role with his lack of talent.

 

Mr. Jun just hum and scratch his chin. He watched almost all INFINITE’s MV and recorded performance and even watched some of INFINITE’s variety show like ‘YAMO’, ‘Weekly Idols’, ‘Ranking King’ and ‘This is INFINITE’. He focus on Sungyeol and that boy really have a potential for high-pitch vocal range. But he still has an unstable vocal cord’s control compare to the INFINITE’s main vocal Kim Sungyu and Nam Woohyun. Base on his observation, even Kim Myungsoo who holds the position as a lead vocal of INFINITE mess up his vocal’s control sometime. So it will be hard for Sungyeol to be able to fix that in a short time. It might take more than a year to master it and Mr. Jun is not specialized on that.

 

 

“Sir?”

 

 

Mr. Jun train of mind was cut when Sungyeol call him. And the boy in front of him still shows his gummy smile.

 

 

“Okay…..repeat again the 1st verse and then we move on for the 2nd verse……”

 

 

Sungyeol look back at the music note on his hand and follow Mr. Jun instruction. While Mr. Jun just sink in his mind again.

 

Maybe he needs to talk to Mr.Choi about this. This boy has potential. He just needs a little push and help.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

(TVXQ’s dorm)

 

 

Changmin walk into Yunho’s room to find the leader but he was nowhere to be seen. They supposed to go to the SM building this morning for a meeting. They still got about more than 4 months before their enlistment into their mandatory military service and they already started to practice for their encore concert before they announce about their long hiatus in the entertainment world.

 

Changmin can’t wait to enjoy a normal life. Unlike Yunho, Changmin was excited for their enlistment. He kind of tired with a stage’s life, especially without Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu around. If not for Yunho, he already leaves SM Entertainment with the other three ex-members.

 

 

“What are you doing in front of my room?”

 

 

Changmin was a bit startled when the leader put his hand on Changmin’s shoulder. He then frowns when he looks at his leader.

 

 

 

“Hyung~~~~ you know that we have a meeting, right?…….why are you still in your short?”

 

“I know that way better than you, you brat~~~……I’m the leader, remember??”

 

“Then, better act like one………….and don’t wear any short pant….you already thirty for god sake~~~~”

 

 

 

Yunho just chuckle at the maknae’s rambling. After Jaejoong left the group with two other members, Changmin somehow pick on Jaejoong’s bad habit on nagging him. Jaejoong used to nag him for food, cleaning his room and his daily attires.

 

When they arrived at the SM building, Yunho and Changmin directly go to the meeting room. Luckily only Lee Soo Man’s assistant, Yoon Jungmin and TVXQ’s stage director already present, so they greet them and wait for the boss. Soo Man’s assistant just lower his head when he received a brief death glare from Jung Yunho. A normal greeting Yunho used to give him every time they met. Jungmin knows that Yunho hate him since TVXQ split up.  

 

When ‘The Great Lee Soo Man’ arrived, they just discuss about their concert preparation, training schedule, stage operation, gimmick and others usual stuff every time they planning for concert. As an experience entertainer, Yunho and Changmin have no problem handling the pressure of their upcoming concert. But, this time is a bit different because it will be TVXQ’s last encore concert before their military service for 2 years long. It need a grand promotion and big stage performance. As one of the main money maker for the company other than EXO, SHINee, f(x) and SNSD, TVXQ still hold the largest fandom compare to others group in SM Entertainment. Most of their fans are the loyal fans since their early year of debuted. Although they already split up, CASSIOPEIA still stands as one and also become a fan of JYJ. They still keep the faith that one day the 5 ‘Rising God from the East’ will be together again.

 

 

“Yunho……..do you have something to say??”

 

“Huh??”

 

 

Everyone shift their attention to Yunho when his name was called by their director. Yunho was quite lost. His mind was full with other stuffs that he can’t focus with the meeting. Changmin nudge his elbow when the leader didn’t answer the question.

 

 

“No…no sir……..I don’t have anything to say…..”

 

“Hurmmm……Changmin?”

 

 

Changmin look at the old man and tap his finger on the table. Then the maknae of TVXQ let out a smirk. 

 

 

“As for the promotion activities, other than performance, TV commercial and variety show, is it possible for us to join other group’s stage?” 

 

 

Yunho look confuse by Changmin’s question. Why would they join others stage for promotion?

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, this is our last encore concert for us before our enlistment for 2 years, right? So how about we join hand with our juniors in their stage and vice versa?”

 

“So you mean sharing fandom for profit?”

 

 

Lee Soo Man leans on his chair and thinking deeply on Changmin’s suggestion. While, Yunho nudging at Changmin who smirking at their boss. Yunho know that expression.
 

Changmin was up to something.

 

 

“But there is no company schedule for concert in 6 months onward other than you guys, so we can’t do that……….”

 

 

Changmin let out a mocking smile at their stage director.

 

 

“In the company, yes you are right~~~…………but didn’t we have a sub-company that will have their concert soon?”

 

 

Lee Soo Man still is in thinking mode. He will consider anything that brings profit to the company and Changmin’s suggestion was a bit tempting. By doing a performance in other group concert and vice versa, it will bring more profit in term of sale for the ticket. The strategy called ‘fandom profit sharing’.

 

And in 3 months later Woollim will be having a comeback concert for INFINITE.

 

 

While everyone including Yunho who still confuse and waiting for the big boss’s response, Changmin trying hard to hide his smile. He knows that the old man will never let go any opportunity related to money making. He was pretty sure that the old man took his bait.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(Outside SM meeting’s room)

 

 

“Are you crazy? What do you mean performing in other group’s stage? Why didn’t you discuss first with me before open the big mouth of yours????!!!”

 

“Take it easy hyung~~~~”

 

 

Changmin busy covering his head from Yunho’s outrage hand. The leader smacks the back of his head right after they finish the meeting. He knows that Yunho was stump with his sudden suggestion. But what can he do, he is Shim Changmin after all. Since when did he discuss first before talking?

 

Like never.

 

 

“It’s hard enough for us with all the promotion activities, drama’s filming and practice…..now you suggesting for stage collaboration? It’s not that easy Changmin ah~~~~ you should know better……..”

 

 

“Okay~~okay~~……listen to me first ,hyung~~~~………first, let break a leg for this last encore concert, then we will have 2 years of normal life…….…I mean………army life~~~~”

 

 

“Do you want me to break your leg????!!!”

 

 

Changmin flinch by Yunho’s threatening voice. He is still his leader after all and Changmin still have a big respect for Yunho no matter how rude he is to the leader.

 

 

“Listen first hyung~~~~~ second………Didn’t you ask me a question before………..and I’m answering it now….”

 

“What question?”

 

“Can we fight Lee Soo Man now………..the answer is, YES HYUNG~~……LETS FIGHT~~~~~~”

 

 

Yunho frown for a while and then it hit him. After a moment Yunho let out a smirk at Changmin’s remark.

 

 

“Well~~~well~~~looks like it’s going to be fun~~”

 

 

 

 

 A/N : Yeay~~~ another update for you guys~~~

 

 

What’s on Mr. Jun’s mind?

Did Changmin really up to something?? What is it?

 

 

Wait for my next update~~~