Breakfast

My secret (내 비밀)

8 am. Just like always. You woke up in your grand and comfortable room, happy and excited because there are three days left before your birthday and you're finally turning 16. Sixteen, means you can finally have your own car, own access to your back account and more happy things to come.

 

You stood up and went to the balcony and stretched when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." you said cheerfully and a middle aged woman went in and bowed. 

"Good morning young lady. Your grandfather is waiting for you at the dining room for breakfast." 

You looked at her and smiled. "Good morning to you too, Amanda. I'll be there shortly." You said before going to the bathroom.

Amanda, watching you go to the bathroom, snapped her fingers and three maids followed you in to the bathroom holding your clothes.

 

You finished preparing and went down to the hall way where all the maids and butlers were in line and waiting for you to greet at. They all bowed and chorused a ‘good morning’ to you as you walk pass them and, as usual, you greeted them back with a smile and a bright ‘good morning’.

 

Your grandfather  was already there when you arrived, sitting at the end of the table as he read the newspaper, a cup of coffee in front of him.

"Good morning grandpa." You greeted as you sat at the other end of the table and he smiled back at you and greeted you back. "Good morning, my favorite granddaughter. How was your sleep?"

"Very good. I had a very good dream."

"Could you tell grandpa about your dream?" he said to you, in amusement, the news paper already forgotten.

"Well, it was about a prince. The prince of my dreams who approached me in my birthday party." you started telling him and he attentively listened just like he always does. He's the only one who listens to your fantasies anyway because your parents are always busy with work and your family business.

"He was very handsome and --- .." you were telling your dream when the main butler went in with a serious blank face.

 

"Good morning Richard." you chimed and the butler looked at you and before returning the greeting with a bow. "Good morning Young miss." he said with his low voice and turned to your grandfather holding the phone.

"I'm sorry, Mr. President, it's an emergency." he said handing the phone to you grandfather.

 

Your grandfather saw the seriousness of the butler's face and took the phone. He doesn't usually take phone calls whenever you're with him but the look on the butler's face made him take this as an exemption. 

"President Kwon speaking." he said and sent you an apologetic look but you shook your head and smiled assuring him that it was okay despite of the uneasy feeling you were having with that phone call. The moment was nerve-wrecking, as you watched your grandpa listen to the one talking to the phone, obviously trying to control his expressions because you were watching him. Seconds of silence seemed hours for you and you were begriming to space out when you were startled by your grandfather's shout.

 

"WHAT?!" he said as he stood up. "Where are they?" he was panicking and you sat there startled as it was the second time you saw your grandpa that way. The first time was when your personal maid told your grandfather about the big wound you got playing on the swings your father bought you.

But this time, it was different. He's really shock and he was trembling, making you feel more scared and nervous.

You heard him say "I'll go there now." and watched him clean his mouth with the table napkin before turning to the butler who was waiting beside him. "Prepare the car." he ordered and the servant did his job and your old man went out of the dining room without even sparing you a glance because of his hurry. 

He was about to reach the doors when he realized you were still there and turned to see you with your confused and startled eyes looking at him. It was then when he foreced a smile and said "Grandpa will be back." before leaving you alone in the big table with the maids at the side of the room waiting for you to eat and tend your needs.

 

You wanted to know what happened but you knew only Richard and your grandfather know just happened. And not wanting to be a bother to anyone, you decided to continue eating and go back to your room afterwards to pass time.

 

 

Being an only daughter is lonely but you never complained about it. You felt you were lucky enough to be born in a family with loving parents and a wonderful grand father that will give you everything you want. It's just, sometimes, material things aren't the only things you need and would sometimes want attention from your loved ones.

You were staring at the big expensive doll house that your parents bought you from Paris, surrounded by expensive toys, gadgets and desireable things most people couldn't have because of their price. But despite of having everything. you felt something was wrong but you can't put your fingers to it.

 

You were deep in thoughts when you heard a knock on the door and it opened. Amanda was crying as she bowed, apologizing for opening the door before you could say she can and for the news she was about to give you.

 

Amanda has been your maid since you were little and both of you are close despite of her being you maid and you her employee. It hurt you to see her so hurt so you hurriedly went to her side and guided her to the white sofa near your bed. "What's wrong?" 

"Master and Mistress died in a car accident." she said and bursted crying. She couldn't even look at you because she knew she'll get hurt to see you sad too.

 

*What?* You were shocked at her words that you couldn't even move. You were processing her words and when it finally sunk in you. You wiped her tears and calmly asked where your grand father was. This is obviously the reason your grandpa behave like he was before and you had to see him.

Surprised by your calm expression, the ahjumma looked at you before replying. "He went to the hospital to confirm the news. He said that you should go to the hospital too, young miss."

 

Your mouth couldn't even move with the realization and manage only a nod before you let the said maid guide you to the car and rushed to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

*This is not happening.*

 

 

 

OMG! GUYS WE GOT FEATURED!!!

Sorry for the awful writing I had back then

(And right now too)

I'm trying to improve the writing and correct some mistakes

Please be patiant with me!

Thank you for the love and support!

Love me well <3 ~