Road Trip

A Fangirl's Dream

*Jonghyun’s POV*

“Are we there yet??” Key whined in my ear.

I turned around in the passenger seat of the large van to look at him.

“Does it look like we’re there yet Key?” I asked in a No-Duh voice. He shot a glare at me, then went back to his iPad.

I looked past him at everybody else in the van. Our manager was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat next to him. Everybody (besides me obviously), was required by our manager to sit with their matches if possible. Behind me were Key and Brianna; the isle separating them. Behind those two was a three person bench seat on which sat Taemin, Carolyn and Nicole. Behind those three on another bench seat were Onew, Rebecca and Minho.

*Minho’s POV*

I was so happy that, thanks to the way the seating was arranged, I didn’t have to sit with Nicole. I wouldn’t be able to take a three hour car ride sitting with her. Instead I sat behind her with Rebecca next to me and Onew next to her. I pulled the “fake stretching” move, placing my arm behind Rebecca’s shoulders on the back on the bench. I was disappointed when she didn’t move closer or make any gesture of noticing. Instead she carried on laughing at Onew and whatever they were watching on his iPhone.

I understood that they needed to hang out because they were assigned to each other and everything, but I didn’t see why she had to pretend to be entertained by him now. Suddenly a startling thought struck me:

What if she’s not acting? What if she really likes Onew…?

*Carolyn’s POV*

This car ride is going to be the death of me.

I was suffocating from Nicole’s perfume and dying to hold Taemin’s hand. I could tell he wanted to hold mine too, but I couldn’t risk it with Key sitting right in front of us. Taemin understood this and backed off, a sad expression passing over his face.

*Buzzzzzz*

I flipped open my phone to read the text message from Taemin.

Taemin: So, when do you plan on telling Key about you and me?

I glanced over at Taemin’s questioning face and bit my bottom lip before typing out my reply.

Me: I was thinking… never?

Taemin: Carolyn, come on! We have to tell him some time. Plus he has Brianna now.

Me: He hates her though!

Taemin: For me?

I looked up from my phone to see him making puppy eyes at me. This totally won me over.

Me: Fine. I’ll do it when we get to the hotel.

He took a quick look around the van to see if anyone was looking, then gave me a quick peck on the cheek, causing me to blush and turn the other way. I was greeted by Nicole’s perfumy face.

“What’s your issue?” she asked *eye roll* when she saw my flushed cheeks.

I just ignored her and turned back to face the front of the van.

*Brianna’s POV*

Stupid manager! Why am I stuck up here with Key? I could be sitting in the back with Rebecca having a great time; we always have the best times car rides!

I looked over at Key dabbling on his iPad next to me. It had been a week since our second-date-incident with the kayak and the fish.

If you’re wondering why we were all in the van, it’s because we were taking a two night trip to central New York to go to Rebecca’s school’s semiformal dance. It had been postponed due to some unknown circumstance and was now being held over the summer. Rebecca mentioned it a few days ago, and SHINee’s manager thought it would be a great opportunity for us to bond some more with our matches. He’d already cleared it with the school. How could I forget that phone conversation?

So it’s all set then?” I heard the manager say into his phone from my eavesdropping place.

*silence*

“Okay, well Taemin is 19, Minho is 21, Key is 21, Jonghyun is 22 and Onew is 23.”

I caught my breath. My 15 year old sachon was totally clueless of the shocking fact I’d just found out, and I had no idea what to tell her. She was in love with a 23 year old.

I shuddered at the memory, trying to come up with a way to break the news to her. Every idea I came up with, I shot down with a negative point. No matter how I told her, it was going to hurt.

My mind wandered onto other things, eventually finding its way to Key. Over the past week we’d gotten in a few fights, but they weren’t as bad as before. We actually were starting to get along. I told myself I hated him, but then I’d think of that day at the lake when he saved me. Whenever that memory popped in my mind I’d feel chills come over me.

That day’s events suddenly flashed through my mind. Unfortunately I did a stupid thing and looked over at Key. I felt a tug in my heart as I stared at his seemingly beautiful face, the sun shining in through the window behind him. It didn’t help that I was listening to their song Romantic. (I decided to give their music a shot, and to my astonishment it wasn’t too bad. I actually was really starting to like it).

What’s happening to me? Am I… No.

I didn’t want to even entertain the thought, but it wouldn’t leave me alone.

Am I falling for diva Kim Kibum? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Onew's signature?^ c: <3