A Story With A Meaning

A Fangirl's Dream

*Carolyn’s POV*

“Taemin, you don’t have to do this. I’m fine,” I said as Taemin slipped his arms around me.

“Don’t be silly,” he pulled back to scold me, then assumed his position, scooping me up in his arms. “The guy is supposed to carry the girl to bed.” He laid me gently down onto my bed.

“Oh Taemin,” I laughed, looking up at him. “You’re so silly. My leg is a lot better now though!” (I’d been using crutches for the past week; it being a month now since the accident).

“I know, but I still want to help you,” he pouted.

“Hmmm, tell me a story oppa,” I smiled, flipping on my side and taking his hold of his hand.

“You make me sound like more of an appa than an oppa!” he exclaimed. “But I’ll still tell you a story if you’d like.”

I nodded and he looked up to the ceiling to think.

“I know! There once was a beautiful redhead girl named Carolyn.”

“Oppa,” I complained shyly, pulling the blankets up over my blushing face.

Taemin just smiled and continued with his story.

“The girl lived alone in a cabin in the woods. During the day she’d throw parties with all the cute little forest animals and they’d snack on ice cream with Reese’s, M&Ms, hot fudge and-,”

“Extra whipped cream?” I asked excitedly.

“Yes, of course extra whipped cream,” Taemin smiled down at me. “She and the animals would have a fun time all day; laughing, singing and eating their ice cream sundaes. At night when the nice animals left, however, she’d become lonely and scared. She would crawl under the covers of her bed and listen to the scary wolves howling outside her little cabin, wishing she wasn’t alone. The nice animals knew this, and decided to do something about it.”

“Taemin,” I laughed, but he was on a roll.

“One day a little rabbit caught sight of a stranger walking through the woods. The stranger told the rabbit that he had no place to go, and the rabbit told him to follow him. The boy followed the rabbit until they came to the girl’s small cabin. The rabbit introduced the boy and the girl and they partied along with the other animals until night fell. The animals all left, but the girl stopped the boy and told him he could stay if he wanted since he had no place to go. That night the girl didn’t sit alone in her bed. Instead, she sat at her little kitchen table with the boy, playing cards and laughing together. The wolves began to howl outside, however, making her jump up in fear and dive under the cover of her bed. The boy sat down on the side of the bed, pulled the covers away, and told the girl that she was safe and he wouldn’t let anything hurt her. The girl hugged the boy, and the boy rocked her back and forth in his arms until she fell asleep. This happened for several nights until the girl no longer dove under her covers in fear.”

“Then what happened?” I asked, excitedly.

“I’m getting there!” Taemin smiled. “Well finally one day the animals brought the boy a message saying that someone was looking for him and he needed to return home. The girl was heartbroken and cried for him not to go.”

“Aw, Tae don’t make it sad!”

He just raised his eyebrow and continued. “The boy asked the girl to come with him though. He said that life with him could offer so much more. The girl wasn’t sure if she could leave her life in the woods behind, but then she remembered the lonely nights and the howling wolves. She told her nice animal friends that she would visit them often before packing her things and running off with the boy.”

“Aww, that was so cute,” I clapped my hands excitedly.

“It has a meaning,” Taemin said, itching the back of his neck nervously.

“What is it?”

“Well, if you haven’t figured it out yet, the girl is you and the boy is me.”

“Yes I kind of figured that Taemin,” I laughed.

“Well, the ending is supposed to be me and you running off to Seoul together.”

“Yes I figured that too.”

“Well… I want it to be real Carolyn,” he looked down, unable to meet my eyes.

“Taemin, what do you mean?”

“I want you to come back to Seoul with me Carolyn. I can’t imagine you going back to your uncle, especially in this condition. You could have such a happy life over there with me. I would teach you Korean and we could set you up with your own apartment-,”

“Taemin,” I stopped him. I was serious now. “Do you understand what you’re saying? You want me to leave everything I’ve ever known and move to a country I know barely anything about to live with you? There’s so much to consider. I still have to finish school and I’d need a legal guardian.”

“Well we could work something out. Maybe we could put you in a foreign exchange student program or something. But… will you please just think about it?”

“I will,” I smiled the best I could, giving his hand a squeeze.

“I love you yebo.” He leaned down and kissed me forehead before getting up from the bed.

“I love you too Taemin. Good night.”

 “Jaljayo.”

I watched him leave and didn’t relax until the door was safely shut. When it was safe I sighed heavily and began to think.

Taemin wants me to go back to Seoul with him. Okay. I want to, but there’s so much to consider; school, a legal guardian, the language barrier, housing, let alone Taemin’s busy schedule. Things wouldn’t be like they are now. Taemin would constantly be going to interviews, fan signings, practices, concerts, promotionals… there would be barely any time for him and me. Plus, he’s already paying for my medical bills.

I fell asleep wishing things were as easy for the real me as they were for the fake me in the woods. If only I lived with a bunch of animals. ThenI remembered my uncle and realized that I do. But it wasn’t the nice kind.

 

 

 

*Sorry for any grammar mistakes! Time ha escaped me again and I haven't been able to proof read/ edit from yesterday's chapter on, so I apologize for any mistakes. Hopefully I'll be able to get on top of it now. Spring break officially starts tomorrow! :D Thank you all for reading and commenting<333 I love hearing your reactions and feedback. It helps inspire me^.^ Love you all! Annyeong!

Random SHINee dancing spreeeeeee!!! ^.^

image 

image 

 

image

image 

 

 

image 

image 

image 

Oh so silly:p

image 

image 

xD Love youuuu<3

image 

image 

tumblr_m1mkjfrAwb1qhaej0o3_250.gif

image 

image 

image 

Annyeong!!

image 

image