Fitting In

A Fangirl's Dream

*Minho’s POV*

I watched Rebecca laugh as Onew splashed her with the cool pool water.

“Haha, stop it oppa!” she cried, covering her face with her hands.

“Water fight!!!!” Taemin yelled as he joined in on the splashing.

“Hey, why are you all targeting me?” Rebecca complained as she splashed back at them.

“You should talk to her Minho,” Nicole’s voice whispered in my ear as she took my hand.

“What do I say? She doesn’t seem upset at all!”

“It’ll just come. You two always know what to say when you’re around each other.”

“I don’t like how you said that…”

“I guess I’m just scared of losing you. I’ve never felt this way about someone-,”

“You don’t have to worry,” I smiled at her. “I already told you: I won’t let you fall.”

She smiled back at me.

“Now let’s join this fight shall we?!”

*Onew’s POV*

The water fight had grown even bigger now, consisting of Rebecca, Taemin, Carolyn, Jonghyun, Brianna, Key and me. Suddenly I noticed someone standing beside me. I looked to see who it was, but my smile faded as I made out their face.

It was Minho.

He smiled over at me, but I immediately moved away. This guy had cheated on Rebecca.

Now, I understand that it could’ve totally been something different; after all, I’d been used by Nicole too. But the fact that he held hands with Nicole and hung out with her, right in front of Rebecca was taking it too far. He was doing this out of choice and practically rubbing it in her face. She acted as if she didn’t care, but I could tell it was secretly killing her. I knew from her rant in the shed that she had only been using Minho, but she was still hurting. I couldn’t blame her. I’d be pissed too if my second choice left me for the same person that stole my first choice. Minho was my dongsaeng, a friend, a band mate; but I was furious at him.

*Taemin’s POV*

I was having a blast with this water fight, when suddenly I heard Nicole screaming and giggling next to me. I felt a burning anger come over me. I sent her a glare before moving away to stand with Carolyn.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a pretty chill guy. I’m usually not one to be mean or hold grudges, but this girl had been trying to tear apart this family. I didn’t understand why she expected us so just accept her now that she was ‘with’ Minho. Not only had she caused us enough pain, but she’d even stolen Minho from Rebecca! She didn’t deserve the respect she was looking for.

*Annie’s POV*

What’s up with everybody hating on those two? And why is Key holding hands with that girl? Are these pair things actually real?! Oh GOSH what did I get myself into?!

I peaked over my sunglasses at the dirty blonde whose hand was intertwined with Key’s. I felt sorry for her. She had no idea what was in store for her; how much of a heartbreaker Key really was.

She’ll find out soon enough…

My attention was then drawn to my ‘match.’ Jonghyun was a funny guy. He tried to act manly, but I could see right past the act. On the inside he was harmless and cute. When he tried to act all strong it only made me laugh.

This guy seems pretty cool. I think we’ll be good friends!

“Hey Annie, you should come in,” Jonghyun smiled, coming to the edge of the pool.

I smiled at him from my lounge chair, “No thanks, I’m fine right here.”

“Then I,” he pushed himself out of the pool, “will join you.”

He looked so frickin y with his six-pack covered in tiny water droplets and his wet hair stuck to the sides of his face.

Don’t get caught up in his looks Annie. You’re not going to let another guy use you.

He sat down at the end of the lounge chair and began massaging my feet.

“How does that feel?” he smiled up at me deviously.

I rolled my eyes and hit him with my magazine.

“Let go of my feet,” I demanded, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Fine,” he put his hands in the air. “You know you’re really different from any other girl I’ve met.”

“How so?” I asked, looking back to my magazine.

“You’re not easy.”

I glanced up at him, “Or maybe I just don’t go crazy for all those corny moves you pull.”

“Ha, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re still a !”

I answered simply, without looking up from my magazine, “You don’t know me Jjong.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

I answered by pushing him off the chair and into the pool with my feet.