The Blue Team

A Fangirl's Dream

*Rebecca’s POV*

“The Yellow Team will go third!”

“All right, that’s okay,” Taemin said, clapping his hands once and resting his hands on his knees. He took a deep breath. He was trying to act all serious, but it wasn’t working. He still looked like an adorable two year old to me.

“Now for the last two teams-,”

“Can we play Kai Bai Bo?” Onew piped up quickly.

Everyone rolled their eyes or groaned. Onew was always wanting to play games to make decisions. Everyone found it annoying, but I found it cute.

“First of all Onew,” said the manager. “We’re in America so it’s Rock Paper Scissors. Second of all… eh why not!”

“Yay!” he clapped his hands happily.

Jonghyun sighed as he walked over to Onew, “Let’s just get this over with.”

“I’ll do us proud,” Onew whispered in my ear. “Now let’s do the best out of three,” he said walking over to meet Jonghyun.

I stood there for a second, unable to move and blushing like a fool. His words still rung in my ears ‘I’ll do us proud.’ Gosh I loved this boy too much. Finally I snapped out of it and focused on the game.

Onew and Jonghyun had both won one match. This would be it for determining the order. I held my breath as they slapped their fists against their palms, chanting the words.

“Shoot!”

“Yes!” Onew exclaimed as he hurried over to me and we did a double high five. We weren’t going last!!!

“Ugh, okay, no it’s fine. Because then we’ll know what we have to beat and we’ll wipe you guys out,” Jonghyun said.

Annie just rolled her eyes.

-------------------------- 

*Minho’s POV*

“Are you ready?” shouted the manager.

“Yes!” Nicole and I shouted from the platform at the start of the obstacle course, giving him a thumbs-up sign.

“On your mark… get set… go!!!!”

I immediately started across the two long, thin piece of wood, forming a bridge over the mud pit. It was wobblier than I expected it to be, and I almost fell in my haste.

“Ahhh! Careful!” Nicole exclaimed from the platform.

I ignored her comment. I was in the zone. This challenge was mine.

I made it safely across the beams and to the next platform. I took hold of the monkey bars above and swung across the rungs with ease. I made it onto the next platform and immediately took on the challenge: the rope.

I grabbed it up high with both hands so that I wouldn’t hit the mud, and swung across, landing safely on the next platform. Next was the small rock wall. I climbed it quickly and easily, swinging myself over to the other side. I wouldn’t have bothered climbing down and would have just jumped (it wasn’t that high) but I was forced to; the reason being there was no platform. Instead, I had to go straight onto the last obstacle; the balance beam.

I took my time, but still hurried. I couldn’t start all the way form the beginning. We’d lose way too much time. As soon as I made it to the end I jumped down onto the platform so Nicole could begin.

“All right Nicole, go!” shouted the manager once my two feet were firmly planted.

*Nicole’s POV*

“Ughh” I groaned as I made my way across the two board bridge, looking down at the mud below me.

I made it to the platform without falling in the mud. Thank goodness! Next were the monkey bars. Gosh, I hated monkey bars! I grabbed hold of the first one, slowly dragging my feet off the platform. I hung there for a second, unsure if I could do this.

“MOVE Nicole! You’re going to get tired and fall into the mud!”

Minho’s words gave me confidence, replacing my fear. There was NO way I was going to fall in that mud today! I made my way across slowly, one at a time. When I finally reached the end I took a quick breather.

It was time for the rope. Oh GAWSH the rope. I took hold of it loosely.

Okay, I can do this. I can do this!

I took a deep breath and pushed off of the wooden platform. I closed my eyes and held tightly to the rope. Unfortunately I am very short, so things went wrong when I reached the middle.

Suddenly I felt myself slow down. My bare feet (I had to take off my heels for this) touched something cold and slimy, pulling me to a complete stop. I felt my arms start to weaken. I was up to my knees in the smelly mud now.

“You touched! Time to go back to the beginning!” announced the manager. Still I clung to the rope for dear life. “Nicole, let go.”

“How deep is it??” I whined.

“Only a little above your waist; it’s not that bad.”

I took a deep breath and let go of the rope. I sunk down… down…

“This is not my waist!!!!!!” The cold mud slipped down between my cleavage.

“Oh, I forgot that you’re a little short. It might be a little higher on you”

“A little short?! I’m a frickin midget you dingbat! Of course it’s higher on me!” I screamed, flailing my hands above my head.

“Just hurry up and get out of there will you?” Minho prodded.

“Shut it Minnie Mouse! I will take my merry little TIME!”

By the time I finally completed the course, I knew we had a record… of the longest time in the world. I fell in the mud a total of three times. It was the worst experience of my life!