Polaris

A Fangirl's Dream

*Jonghyun’s POV*

“Ugh, I’m sooo full,” Taemin groaned, pushing his plate away and rubbing his belly.

“You only had about FIVE helpings!” Key exclaimed.

“Well it was goooooood,” Taemin whined.

“It’s okay,” Carolyn smiled and leaned over in her wheelchair to pinch Taemin’s cheeks. “You’ve gotta get some meat on those bones anyway! You make me feel fat!"

“I hear that,” Annie agreed, looking at her stomach. “I felt so proud because I lost weight, and then I see you and… ugh,” she shook her head in frustration.

“Nobody here is fat,” I said, taking Annie’s hand in mine. “Especially not any of you girls. You all look very nice.”

“Well would you look at Jjong being all manly!” Nicole said, raising an eyebrow.

“Compliments can be taken back,” I threatened.

“You’re very good at being manly,” Nicole said quickly.

“That’s what I thought,” I smirked.

“Brianna, since you and Key did all the cooking, Onew and I will clean up,” Rebecca said, getting up from the table to collect the dirty dishes.

I raised an eyebrow at Onew who sighed. He looked up at me and shrugged like “What-Can-I-Do?-I-Have-A-Productive-Girlfriend.” I gave him a smile –half to mock him and half out of pity- before getting up from the table myself.

“Well, thank you again for dinner,” I bowed toward Key and Brianna who smiled, saying “chunmaneyo” in reply.

The group of us (minus Onew and Rebecca who were working hard in the kitchen) headed to the living room for a video night. I, however, had other plans and grabbed Annie by the arm just before we entered the living room.

“I want to show you something,” I whispered in her ear before dragging her down the hall toward the stairs.

“What is it?” she asked curiously (I’m so curious, yeah~! Sorry guys, I had to) as I lead her up the stairs.

I just smiled and kept going on in silence. When we got to my room she began to get nervous.

“Um, Jonghyun… there’s things I might not be ready to see-,”

“You scared?” I smirked.

“Um, a little,” she replied timidly.

“Well don’t be,” I laughed. “We’re not doing anything along those lines. What I want to show you takes place outside.”

“Then why are we in your room?” she asked.

I answered by leading her to the window on the far side of my room, which opened onto the porch roof. After opening the window and removing the screen, I began to climb through the opening.

“Jonghyun!” she exclaimed, pulling on my hand.

“What?” I smiled, peeking back in to look at her.

“We can’t go on the roof!”

“Who says?” I winked. “Now come on.”

After a moment of contemplation Annie finally allowed herself to be led out the upstairs window.

“Now be careful,” I warned as she climbed onto the roof.

“I am not letting go of your hand!”

“That’s fine with me.”

We made our way toward the end of the roof where it met up with a slope onto the second floor roof. I helped her up the slope and then another until we were standing on the roof of the third floor.

“Ohhh, Jonghyun I’m scared!” she cried, holding tight to my arm.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got you,” I laughed, putting an arm around her. “Now look up.”

*Annie’s POV*

I looked up to see a million twinkling lights overhead. Constellations were painted across the night sky along with thousands of mismatched stars belong to patterns unknown to me.

“See that bright one there?” Jonghyun asked, pointing to a large star shining very brightly. “That’s the North Star. You can find it by finding the Big Dipper and drawing a straight line from the two end stars. Do you see it?”

“Yes!” I exclaimed excitedly as I followed his directions.

“Only us people in the northern hemisphere can see Polaris- that’s it real name,” he explained.

“That’s so cool!” I said, still in awe.

“When you see it, I want you to think of me.”

I turned to face Jonghyun. He had a soft, delicate expression on his face.

“I always will,” I answered, taking his hand. “Every night.”

A tear glistened in the light of the moon as it ran down his cheek. The sight stung at my heart.

“Jonghyun, don’t cry,” I whispered as I whipped away the tear.

“I’m sorry; I just… I don’t want to leave you. You’re an amazing person and-,”

“Shouldn’t I be the one saying this?” I laughed. “You saved me Jonghyun. You saved me from Key. I’ll never love anyone besides you.”

“But being apart is going to be so hard-,” He was suddenly interrupted by his phone ringing in his pocket. “Gah, hold on.”

He reached in his pocket and flipped open his phone to read the text. I saw his face drop and he lowered the phone, staring at nothing in particular.

“What is it?” I asked in concern, but he didn’t answer right away. “Jonghyun, what is it?!”

He looked at me in a dazed state, but finally managed to speak.

“It’s Vanessa. She’s coming back.”

 

 

*100 chapters! OMO guys... I can't believe it! I just want to say thank you for all your support. You're what's helped me get this far and I couldn't have done it without your feedback ^.^ I love you all! And dang it, I just have to say that I had a heck of a time picking out a pic for this chapter. I see Jonghyun as the guy that would be my best friend if I got to know SHINee, but when I was looking through the pictures I realized that HE'S SO DARN HOT! Like idk, I just got out of a Key phase and now this? Aigoo, someone please hit me with some Dubu spam xD But anyway, I again just want to thank you for your love and support. Though the ending is in sight, there's still many more surprises and cliff hangers. Some of these, however, you may not be able to find out in this specific story... *hint hint* c; Yes, I'm officially announcing that I've been planning on writing a sequal for some time now. I can't promise immediate results, but I will work my hardest and get it out as soon as I can. Please love and support my second story, and I hope you enjoy it and are currently enjoying this one currently! Love you all soooo much^.^ <3 Kamsahamnida!