Everything That Has A Beginning Has An End

A Fangirl's Dream

*Onew’s POV*

We all met by the main entrance of the airport, solemn and expressionless. I didn’t feel as self-conscious of my tears when I saw the other member’s red eyes and dampened cheeks. We stared at each other for a minute, unable to comprehend that this whole experience was over. Our beautiful yeoja chingus were all on their ways home, flying away from our pain filled hearts.

Taemin turned to me and began crying into my arms. I tried to comfort him the best I could, but it was difficult to do through my own tears. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, then another. I opened my eyes to see Key and Jonghyun who had joined our hug.

Here we are in this sad time, and we can’t even stand as the shining five. The thought only made me hold onto my dongsaengs tighter.

“It’ll all be better soon,” I whispered. “I promise.”

After what seemed like an eternity we finally all broke apart. I took Taemin’s hand in my left and Key’s hand in my right. Jonghyun held Taemin’s left hand and we all exchanged knowing looks. We walked as one toward the doors through which we’d entered a mere thirty minutes ago. We came with our sweet beautiful loves, and we left with only the comfort of one another.

“I love you guys, you know? I really do,” Key said, trying to shake away his tears. “You’re the best.”

“Don’t let Brianna hear you say that,” Jonghyun sniffled with a smirk. “I know I totally turn you on.”

“Yaa! Knock it off you dino!” Key whined in his diva style voice. “Hey, we should find an ice cream place. Baby Taemin looks sad and that always cheers him up.”

“I’m not a baby!” Taemin retorted.

I smiled to myself as the others bickered playfully. Our SHINee family was back, and honestly it was nice to be with just the boys again, even though Minho was still missing. My dongsaengs gave me reassurance that I still had a whole lot to look forward to during this time away from Rebecca. Though we couldn’t be with our girlfriends and it’d sometimes get tough, we’d always have each other. Through thick and thin we would always be the shining five.

Maybe, just maybe, we can make it through this… together.  

 

 

 ....but what about Minho?

Follow Up

*Minho’s POV*

“Excuse me, but a young lady asked me to give this to you at this time,” Paige, my nurse, said while handing me a folded up piece of paper.

“Thanks,” I said as I took the paper from her. I furrowed my brow as I unfolded the note, unsure of its contents.

Dear Minho,

By the time you receive this letter I’ll most likely be on a plane heading home. My guess is nothing much has changed; you’re still in that hospital bed, huh? Well I want you to know that I’m not saying goodbye. You don’t deserve that from me. However, I am writing this letter to thank you. You showed me what it’s like to love- not make love; though we did plenty of that- but to really love with my heart. I’ve never done that before and I’m glad it was you that showed me. You also showed me what it’s like to go through heartbreak. I never imagined that the pain of seeing the person who holds your heart going after another person was so terrible. I don’t know how you people do it on a normal basis. I mean, what’s the point of falling in love if you’re only going to get your heart broken? Anyway, thank you for the experience, but I think I’ll stick to my old life. An empty heart is better than a broken one. Don’t answer this letter or try to get in contact with me. Please. It’d be better if we both just let go and saved these past few months simply as a memory. You’ll eventually grow out of my heart, but I’ll never be able to completely forget you. I wish you the best of luck in your career and hope you heal quickly.

-Nicole

 I must’ve read that note enough times to recite it by memory. My fingers traced over her name. I closed my eyes and held the note close to my heart. She seemed so sad going back to who she was. “An empty heart it better than a broken one.”

“Everything okay?” Paige asked, when she noticed my eyes closed.

“Yeah,” I opened my eyes and smiled at her. “Everything is just fine.”

I looked down at the letter one last time, finally feeling complete. She hadn’t left me hanging. There was an ending.

“Alright, well I have to leave for a minute. Will you be okay?” Paige asked, picking up a binder from the counter across the room.

“Yes, I will be fine,” I answered. She flashed me a smile before leaving the room.

“I may not deserve yours,” I whispered into the empty room. “But you deserve mine.” I slowly lowered my hand holding the note down beside the bed toward the floor. “Goodbye Nicole,” the words slipped from me, just as the letter containing the last part I had of her fell from my fingers onto the cold hospital floor.

 

 

 

My dear l lovely wonderful readers, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea the happiness you guys have brought me through your reading my story, commenting, subscribing.... I am so overjoyed that you enjoyed it so much, and I look forward to going through all of this again with the upcoming sequal. The teaser will be released tomorrow!^.^ I'm hoping to begin updating the sequal in a few weeks. I hope you love and support it as much as you have for this one! Kamsahamnida *90 degree bow* from the bottom of my heart, and saranghae<3 You guys make me so happy<3

shinee+conc3.jpg