A Lot Happening In One Chapter

A Fangirl's Dream

*Key’s POV*

Brianna fell down on top of me, both of us panting heavily. Our sweaty bodies moved together with our breathing as if we were the same person. I slipped my arms around her body and pulled her next to me, snuggling close to her. I reached down and pulled the blankets over top of us and she gazed lovingly at me.

“Saranghae Key,” she whispered, playing with the hair on the back of my neck which was now dampened with sweat. 

“Saranghae,” I smiled back, kissing her forehead.

“The storm stopped and the power’s back on,” she pointed out. I hadn’t even noticed, but when I saw light coming in from under the door I knew she was right.

“Yeah, I guess it is,” I smiled. Light was now shining in through the bedroom windows, enabling me to see Brianna’s beautiful face and causing my heart to flutter. “What time do you think it is; four o’clock?”

“At the latest.”

“Well for the record,” I said, running my hand down her face. “That was the best storm I’ve ever lived through.”

“Shut up,” she laughed, rolling her eyes.

“Many more to come?”

She stared at me for a moment with a serious look, then smiled. “Yes Key, many more to come; just you and me.”

*Nicole’s POV*

“Nicole just let me talk to you,” Minho called through my closed and locked door. I’d finally decided that just not answering was the best decision for me.

To be honest I still had major feelings for Minho. The fact that he’d gotten over me so quickly broke my heart. What scared me even more was that it was Rebecca he’d gone after. What if he never did stop liking her and start liking me? What if it had been her the whole time?

I shook my head and plugged in my earphones, cranking heavy metal into my ears. Heavy metal typically isn’t my choice of music, but when I’m angry or trying not to cry it’s like a lifesaver. I imagined the bass in the background was the sound of me kicking Minho is his manhood over and over again.

Dylan: Hey

I hadn’t seen that name in so long. I stared at my laptop screen for a minute, debating on whether or not to answer the facebook message.

Me: Yes?

I took a deep breath, nervous about what he would say.

Dylan: I miss you. My heart has been lonely with you gone.

Me: Don’t you mean your bed?

Dylan: I was getting there ;)

Me: What do you want?

Dylan: I want you back. Now that you’re little dating game with those Asians is over we can put all our time into each other… if you know what I mean(;

Me: What makes you think that I’d want to be with you again?

Dylan: Just think about that night after senior prom

Dylan:  The one after my brother’s college graduation party

Dylan: That one after my 19thbirthday

Me: Okay I get the point! But what makes you think I want to still do all that? What if I’ve changed?

Dylan: Hahaha, you still have that sense of humor

Me: I’m serious.

Dylan: Wow, what have those Asians done to you? You’re so lame now.

I froze. Had I become lame from hanging out with cute boys? Did SHINee soften me up? This couldn’t be happening!

Me: I’m just kidding; jeez take a joke?! When I get home we’ll have our own party… just you and me.

Dylan: I can’t wait >:)

Me: You’re so bad.

Dylan: But you like it

I rolled my eyes and went offline. Guilt began to wash over me. Can I really get back with Dylan while I’m still in love with Minho? Oh of course I can! He was with me while he was still in love with Rebecca! It was settled. I was no longer Minho’s. I was the Nicole I used to be and there was no stopping it. Parties, boys, money… here I come!

*Minho’s POV*

“Nicole, please?!” I pounded on the door, but there was still no answer. After another minute of pounding I finally gave up, resting my head against the solid, wooden door.

I have no one. The hyungs and Taemin are obviously still mad at me. I could’ve fought for Nicole, but instead I totally ruined all chances of ever being with her again. Why didn’t I just tell her that we were staying as a couple whether she liked it or not? Why didn’t I take control? I’m the man! Aigoo… this vacation .

I slapped my hand against the door in anger and stomped away, my destination being the backyard. My anger had to escape my body somehow, and soccer was always the perfect solution. Thankfully there was a tall brick wall surrounding the far side of the garden. I brought the ball over to that spot and began taking goal shots at the wall, putting in all my strength. It was still raining, but I didn’t care. The droplets mixed with my tears, hiding the evidence.

I looked at the ball a little ways in front of me, took my approach, and slammed it with all my force. Unfortunately the ground was muddy so I slipped and fell. I lay there in the mud, raindrops speckling my face.

“Is there any reason to get up?” I asked myself out loud. “I’ve lost everything. No one cares about me anymore. Why should I bother getting up when I’ll only fall again? No; I’ll just sulk here in my misery until I have something worth while in my life.”

I closed my eyes and felt the rain cover my muddy body. I was below rock bottom and there was no digging my way out. My body began to relax as I drifted into a world of nightmares.

----------------------------- 

“Is he going to be okay?” “Say something, please!” “Hyung look at me!” “Can you hear me?” “We need to get him on oxygen.”

My eyes fluttered open enough to see people all around me. Some were familiar faces like my hyungs, Taemin and the girls, while others were of people in scrubs.

What are all these voices? Where am I? I’m moving I can feel it. Why can’t I breathe? Omo what’s happening?! I can’t breathe!

Panic overtook my body. I sat straight up and began looking around. I tried to speak but no words would form. Everything was a blur and I was seeing double.

“Calm him down!” “Omo Minho!” “What’s happening to him?!” “Get some fluids in him!” “Where’s that oxygen?!”

I felt someone lay me back down and put a mask over my face. It became evident that I actually could breathe; it was just very shallow and weak. After a few rushed breaths my eyes closed and I was out again.