Lying to Myself

A Fangirl's Dream

*Taemin’s POV*

“So what’s the plan for today?” Vanessa asked, practically jumping out of her skin.

We were all gathered on the back deck, waiting to hear what the manager had planned for us.

“How many of you like animals?” the manager asked.

“Me!” I jumped up excitedly raising my hand. I looked around to see everyone staring at me; well everyone besides Vanessa and Nicole. Vanessa had had almost the reaction as me, except she was waving both her hands in the air like she was an animal herself. Nicole had a disgusted look on her face.

I slowly sat back down in embarrassment. Carolyn grabbed my arm and laughed, whispering in my ear, “Calm down there tiger!”

“Anyway, today you’ll all be taking a trip to the zoo!” the manager went on.

“Awesome!” “How cool!” “I love the pandas.” “I haven’t been to the zoo in forever!” “Ew, animals disgust me.” Multiple voices echoed all at once.

“Calm down!” the manager said rolling his eyes. “There’s two limos parked out in front of the mansion. Jonghyun, Annie, Key, Brianna, Carolyn and Taemin will be in one while Nicole, Minho, Onew, Rebecca and Vanessa will ride in the other.”

I sighed in relief. Vanessa hadn’t targeted Carolyn and me yet, but I was afraid that that would change any second. I don’t know what I would do if I had to be stuck in a limo with her. However, I felt very sorry for Onew who was always being targeted by her and would now have to ride with her. At least he had Rebecca, ne?

*Minho’s POV*

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Nicole mumbled under her breath. “We’ve got to be stuck with the psycho. Sweet.”

I was feeling the same way, except doubled. Not only did I have to worry about Vanessa coming after me, but I also had to ride with Rebecca who obviously wanted me so bad.

What if Vanessa goes after Onew and then Rebecca goes after me? OMO, I’m going to die.

We made our way out around the mansion to the front drive where two sleek, black limos waited for us. The chauffer opened the door for us, and Vanessa literally dove inside.

“This is soooo awesome!” her obnoxious voice cried from inside.

I just rolled my eyes and helped Nicole in. I climbed in after her and we sat on the opposite side of the limo from Vanessa. Onew helped Rebecca climb in next, and I immediately took up as much room as possible on our bench.

“There’s no room here!” I said hastily.

“Um, okay? I wasn’t going to sit there anyway,” Rebecca said with a What-The-Heck-You-Spaz expression on her face.

“Minho,” Nicole slapped me on the arm. “Don’t be rude! There’s plenty of room here if you want to sit with us.”

“No, that’s okay. I’ll just sit over here with Onew and… Vanessa.” For being such a nice mannered person, it was pretty funny to see her response to the crazy girl’s name. It was pretty cute. No! Nope, it wasn’t. Not at all, because only Nicole can be cute… ne?

Onew tripped into the vehicle, landing in my lap.

“Jeez hyung, I didn’t know you felt that way about me,” I joked since we were face to face.

“Ah!” he pulled back and sat down sat to Rebecca. “Sorry about that,” he blushed.

“Mwolhedo Onew Sangtae!” Rebecca laughed, taking his hand in hers and giving him a peck on the cheek.

“Hey, I thought that was our joke!” I snapped a little too harshly.

“I’m sorry,” Rebecca looked up at me with hurt eyes. Darn those puppy eyes!

“Oh … I thought since she’s my girlfriend and everything it would be okay…” Onew said.

“No, I’m sorry I just… never mind,” I said, crossing my arms and looking out the window.

I bet that was another absurd attempt by Rebecca! Yes, I bet she did that just so I’d yell at her and she could give me those puppy eyes.

“Minho, are you okay?” Nicole asked, setting her hands on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said, turning to face her. “I just love you soooo much.”

I slipped my hand behind her neck and pulled her in for a long, deep kiss.

Gah see? This is like pest control! Rebecca you are an annoying termite and each second of this kiss is squashing you. Having trouble breathing? Yes, die pesky bug! Die… what am I do? Aigoo, I’m such a babo.

“Minho, we’re supposed to be starting our break up. We can’t do this,” Nicole said, pulling away and gasping for breath. “But, are you sure there’s nothing wrong?”

“Positive,” I said with a smile.

“Hey guys! They have snacks!” Vanessa shouted from the other end of the limo where the mini fridge could be found. She had three bags of chips in her hands, along with two bottles of coke. Chips spilled out of when she talked. We all just looked away in disgust.

Once in a while I’d glance over at Rebecca to see if she was getting jealous of all the special affection I was giving Nicole. However, she seemed not even to notice, continuing to talk and laugh with Onew.

She’s just pretending. I can see it in her eyes. She’s so madly in love with me. Well ha! I just feel bad that she’s going to hurt Onew over me: a man who doesn’t like her that way. Poor girl won’t even know what’s coming.

*Rebecca’s POV*

Onew had me laughing the whole ride to the zoo. I had a great time, but sometimes would feel someone’s eyes on me. I’d look over just in time to see Minho looking away.

What a creeper. I shrugged and continued listening to my sweet boyfriend’s voice, laughing along with his corny jokes, and knowing that nothing could feel more right.