Pictures

A Fangirl's Dream

*Brianna’s POV*

“Here, let me help you,” Key said as he held up the jacket he’d given me when we were making spaghetti that one day. I slipped into the jacket and pulled it close around me. “Aigoo, you look so beautiful in it,” he gasped, covering his mouth. (Here’s the jacket if you’ve forgotten what it looks like:

 key-1.jpg 

“Don’t you dare cry on me you diva,” I threatened, brushing my hand across his chipmunk like cheeks, but it was already too late. A lone tear slid from his eye and he stared at me lovingly.

“That’s not gonna happen,” he choked, turning away and snuffling.

“Key,” I said, stepping into his view again. “We’re going to see each other again. Remember?” I slipped my hand into his and whispered the name we both loved “Mrs. Kim Kibum.”

He hugged me tightly, holding my head close to his body. I loved how much taller he was than me. It always placed me right by the nook of his neck which smelled of his fragrant cologne. I sighed and closed my eyes, taking in his scent and the feel of his warm embrace.

“I-I got you something,” he croaked through his tears. “Look in the left pocket of the jacket.”

I pulled away and did as he said. My fingers danced around with the chain, finding their way to a cold, metal object attached to it. I pulled it out to see the locket in all its glory. It was beautiful; silver and engraved on each side. The front had the letters ‘BD’ while the back had ‘KK.’

“Key,” I whispered, brushing my thumb over the stunning object. “This is beautiful.”

“I bought it for a beautiful girl.”

I looked up at him, trying not to cry. He always knew what to say to make me feel special.

“Aigoo, don’t you cry now too,” he managed through his tears as he brushed away one of my own with him thumb. “Open it,” he urged, looking back down at the locket.

I slipped my thumb nail between the two heart shaped pieces of metal, popping them open. I covered my mouth with my hand as more tears poured out of my eyes.

On the right side was an adorable picture of him and me making a heart with our hands. It was absolutely adorable. However, what shocked me even more was when the picture faded to another picture of us; Key kissing my cheek and me laughing.

“How…?” I looked up at him in wonder.

“It’s a digital locket,” he smiled. “I put in all the pictures we took together. It can hold up to 75, but… it’s kind of filled right now.”

“Did we really take 75 pictures together?” I asked, with a laugh.

He shrugged and laughed, “The camera just loves us.”

“You know, I was wondering why it seems so hefty.”

“Hefty?” he laughed. “You’re so silly! But yes, there’s a battery compartment in the back. Here; let me put it on you.” He reached for the necklace, but I stopped him.

“Wait,” I said, still staring inside the heart shaped piece of metal.

“What is it?” he asked curiously.

I couldn’t speak. I just held up the locket and pointed to the left side that wasn’t digital. Inside was a note. It was sweet and simple, but it meant the world to me.

“I love you Mrs. K,” he smiled, reading the note out load. He then looked up into my eyes. “I really do.”

“It makes it seem so real. Like, it’s really going to happen.”

“That’s because it is,” he smirked. He then proceeded to take the locket from me and undo the latch. His hands slipped behind my neck and fumbled with the clasp. Even after he had clasped the sides back together we stood there staring into each other’s passionate eyes.

We both reacted at the same time, diving at one another’s lips. His arms wrapped around my neck, holding me close to make our kiss deep and tousling my hair. I in turn put my hands softly on the back of his neck, letting my fingers play with the baby hair on the back of his neck.

We kissed passionately as if we weren’t in the middle of an airport and people weren’t staring at us. Tears also mixed with our kiss, only making us more determined never to stop. When our lungs were finally burning from lack of oxygen we pulled away, only long enough to catch our breaths before going back in for a second round.

Our lips slowed down into long, drawn out kisses until we finally broke apart softly. I rested my forehead against his chest and tried to catch my breath. He snuggled my body close to his, his hot breath tickling the side of my neck.

“I’ll see you soon,” he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

I closed my eyes, letting my head rise and fall with the movements of his chest. “You’ll always be in my heart.”

“I know,” he smiled, pulling away. “That’s what the locket is for.”

We both laughed painfully, our faces stained by our mixed tears. I glanced up at him, then down at my carryon sitting by my feet. He bent down and picked it up for me before I had a chance to do it myself.

“Have a safe trip home yebo,” he smiled, handing me the bag.

“You too honey,” I smiled back, taking the bag from him. I walked toward the doorway, but stopped to turn back one last time. “Thank you for everything, Kim Kibum.” I managed.

“I love you, don’t forget it!” he called through the tears streaming down his face. “Now go become the awesome nurse I know you are!”

It took all my strength to turn away from him and walk onto that plane. I wanted to run back to him and wipe away those tears. My lips begged to kiss his lips. I stared out the window of the plane thinking about yesterday when the power went out. It was the last time I would feel Key’s soft, sweaty skin against mine for a long time. My eyes closed and I remembered the feeling and the sound of his lips smacking against my own. His words rung in my head; I love you Mrs. K.

The plane gained speed as it headed down the runway. My eyes stuck on the building across the runway in which my dear Key was standing; where I’d left him. The building quickly dropped below my line of sight as the giant craft flew off the ground and into the air. I took a deep sigh and adjusted my earphones in my ears. I picked ‘Graze’ and fast forwarded to the part I knew all too well: “When I see that picture that we took together, I can’t ever forget you.”