Through the Good and the Bad

A Fangirl's Dream

*Rebecca’s POV*

Everything in the store fell silent as Brianna stomped out of the store. I looked at Key who was wearing a stupidly blank expression, then at everyone else. They were all staring at Key as well.

“It’s okay guys; I got this,” I sighed, heading toward the exit of the store.

When I got outside I noticed Brianna sitting on a bench all alone with her arms crossed and a pout on her face. I cautiously walked over to her.

“Hey, can I sit down?”

She looked up, startled by my sudden presence.

“Oh, sure,” she said, wiping at her dampened eyes and sniffled.

“So, are you okay?” I asked, not exactly sure where to start.

“Was I that awful?” She looked up at me wearily.

“Well, I mean you kind of had a reason…”

She just shook her head before looking up and the ceiling and sighing. “I just feel like I’m never going to be good enough. He’s so- …he knows exactly what he wants and then here I am being all… average. I feel like he doesn’t understand who I really am. I mean, I know what I want, but it’s not what he wants.”

“Well, it’s typical for people to have different aspirations and opinions in life. I’m sure things will work out though. You just have to tell him how you’re feeling,” I said, trying to be as supportive as possible.

“He asked me to marry him you know.”

“What?!” I gasped, eyes widening in shock.

“He said it wouldn’t have to be now, but in a few more years… Gosh, I don’t want to hurt him. I don’t know what to do! To commit to something like that at this age would be such a big step, yet I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else. It’s things like what just happened in there that make me wonder if he really is the right one for me. Maybe I’m just caught up in my feelings and I’m not looking at who he really is-,”

“Brianna, stop it,” I cut her off. I took one of her hands in mine and looked her right in the eyes. “You listen to me. Key is an amazing guy and you are an amazing girl. Sure you have some differences, but that’s because you’re two different people. You’re going to disagree about things and forget things. All couples fight. Don’t let those little arguments break you two apart. As for the marriage, you don’t have to commit right now, Brianna. Just see how things go. And if your life takes a different path away from Key, then so be it. Maybe you two weren’t meant for each other. But don’t push him away before you even have the chance to test your relationship. Trust him. Trust yourself.”

We shared a moment of painful eye contact before she flung her arms around me in a hug and let tears escape her eyes. “Gosh, I feel so stupid! I guess I’ve just been overacting… thank you. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t here.”

“Shhh, it’s okay. I’ll always be here if you need me,” I said, hugging my sachon back. After she had calmed down and gotten a hold of herself, I asked if she was ready to talk to Key. She said she was and I left to go bring him out to her.

*Brianna’s POV*

Please don’t be angry at me Key. I just overacted. Please still love-

“Brianna?”

I opened my eyes to see Key standing in front of me. He looked fragile and shy, very unlike his usual tough, diva appearance.

“Um, sit down,” I said, motioning to the open spot on the bench next to me.

He took a seat and we sat in awkward silence for what seemed like an eternity. Finally we both decided it was time to break the silence.

“I should’ve remembered-,”

“I’m sorry-,”

We both quickly stopped and turned in opposite directions. I wasn’t sure about his reasoning, but I did it so he wouldn’t see my cheeks turning a rosy red.

“You go first,” I said, turning back to face him.

He took a deep breath and began, “I shouldn’t have acted the way I had toward Nicole.”

“No, it’s okay,” I sniffled. “You’re not tied down to me. You can be friends with other girls. I was being to clingy and protective”

“But I should’ve been more conscious of you. I was insensitive and should’ve remembered that you liked tigers.”

“Key,” I laughed. “It was never about the necklace or my opinions.”

“Chincha?” he asked in surprise. “Then what was it?”

“I thought I was losing you.”

“What?!” he gasped with big eyes. “What put a silly idea like that into your pretty little head?!”

“Well, I saw you and Nicole getting along so well,” I started, keeping my gaze on the floor. “And I thought of how I’ll never be good enough. You’re so into fashion and have so many dreams. I want to be a nurse. That means I’ll have to wear scrubs. Fashionistas don’t wear scrubs.”

I felt Key’s hand slip around mine.

“Brianna, look at me. Look at me.” He slipped his free hand under my chin and turned my head to face him. “I love you because you’re you. You don’t have to be some perfect model in a magazine. Those people are fake. I like you because you’re real and sweet and beautiful on the inside AND out. I love you because…” This time he looked at the ground.

“Why Key?” I whispered.

“That’s just it,” he looked me in the eyes. “There’s so many reasons that I can’t even begin to list them. But, I guess that’s what true love is, ne?”

A smile and tears found their way to my face. “You may be a diva, but you’re the sweetest diva I know,” I whispered, putting my hand to his soft cheek and caressing it with my thumb. “I love you too.”

He smiled that beautiful smile. “And you know, I think you’d like pretty nice in scrubs.”

“Oh really now?” I giggled, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, especially personally designed tiger print scrubs.”

“Key, you didn’t!” I gasped.

“I was saving it as a surprise for the last day, but I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you,” he laughed.

Before I knew it Key’s face was in my hands and his lips against mine.

“I think we can do it,” I whispered, pulling away and looking deep into his catlike eyes.

“Do what?”

“I think we can make it together until I’m out of college. I want it to be you too Key. You’re the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

The smile was back on his face, making his adorable cheek bones stand out even more. “So you’ve been thinking of my proposition?”

“Everyday,” I smiled back. “And I now know for sure that I want to go through with this. I want to try making this work and someday finally be with you as your… wife.”

“Aigoo, that’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard.” He kissed my lips again. “I’m so happy. Just the thought that in a few years you’ll be Mrs. Kim Kibum...”

“That is, if we make it as a couple for that long,” I pointed out.

“We better!” Key said. “Because I’m seriously looking forward to designing your wedding dress.”

“Oh Key,” I laughed, embracing him in a hug.

We sat there in each other’s arms, enveloped in a blanket of happiness. Nothing could’ve seemed more right. I was now more sure than ever that Key was the one for me, and I couldn’t wait to finally be with him forever.

Mrs. Kim Kibum…